It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Brought to you by GOG.com

<span class="bold">Pacific General</span> and <span class="bold">Fantasy General</span>, the accessible, Panzer-like grand strategy classics, are available now DRM-free on GOG.com!

<span class="bold">Pacific General</span>, available for Windows, is a spiritual sequel from the studio behind the acclaimed Panzer General series - an improvement over the classic, but one that retains the same feel and concepts as its inspiration. Once more we return to the overhead battlefields of World War II in a series of quick-play scenarios and full-blown campaigns: everything from Pearl Harbor to hypothetical invasion scenarios is here, all packaged in a relatively newbie-friendly grand-strategy package. <span class="bold">Fantasy General</span> takes that same experience and sets it in a fantasy universe. This one's for you if you're a fan of large-scale hex-based battlefields and steampunk-infused fantasy. Fantasy General is available for Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux.
<span class="bold">Pacific General</span> and <span class="bold">Fantasy General</span> are being published by GOG.com. We are happy to release these titles not on behalf of another party, but by acting as the sole publisher for the very first time!

Unleash your inner armchair general with <span class="bold">Pacific General</span> and <span class="bold">Fantasy General</span>, available now, DRM-free on GOG.com!
Took a long time to get here but they finally made it :D
Now how about some Space General and People's General?
Fever_Discordia: Wasn't that back in the days when you actually had to produce CDs and boxes and get them shipped etc. though?
I'm sure if a one man band like Night Dive can slap their name on stuff and make a tidy return then GOG can too!
Besides IS it that new? The Witcher games are listed as published by 'CDProjekt' which is pretty much the same thing...
I'm now going to have a look into why these games' right were floating around, ready to be picked up anyway...
Cadaver747: Yes, yes and yes. Anyway it doesn't change my statement, the only exception might be Monolith Productions but I really F.E.A.R. for their future. As for The Witcher franchise their publishers in NA are Atari & WB Games.
I just wanted to express my gratitude and concern at the same time. Since my English skills were obtained solely from video games I can't use proper words where needed, all I know is "open chest, get the fireball scroll and kill the troll" kind of thing.
GOG in publishing sounds like a good start in battle for games liberation out of rights limbo.
Reading that back, I hope I didn't come on a bit strong - I meant to calm you down, not SLAP you down!
Sorry if I did!
Hmm.. GOG goes into publishing? great now get your hands on Wizardry 1-5 and Zeliard
JudasIscariot: Speaking for myself and myself alone from a gamer's perspective, I kinda hope they remain exclusive :)

What we, as a company, decide, well, my crystal ball is in the shop on that one :)
MacArthur: Do you know if you have any plans for allowing third parties to kickstart new entries in those series ? Or if it would just be possible ?

The guys of seven dragon saga, TSI I think, would probably love this idea !
I have no clue, again, way over my head :/
Epitaph666:
Cadaver747: Who said "Nocturne"? Where? I want it now!
Ladies and Gentleman, please welcome to the forum, Miss Veruca Salt! :P
Nice. Wishlisted for now, last week really bled my wallet.
Barry_Woodward: Can you look into getting the rights to the Dungeon Master series? I believe the rights currently belong to Wayne Holder, founder of the defunct FTL Games. The games have never been released digitally, and nothing has been done with the IP for a long time.

Vote for the games on the wishlist:

Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master: Chaos Strikes Back
Dungeon Master II: The Legend Of Skullkeep
Grargar: They did in the past. Alas, to no avail.
Now that GOG is publishing games themselves, perhaps it's time to try again.
Post edited May 05, 2015 by Barry_Woodward
Oh, a very nice development! \O/
Hopefully, with more to come, and a few small Gordian knots cut through to bring us some "lost" games. :P
Post edited May 05, 2015 by Getcomposted
JudasIscariot: a) know what I am talking about and b) I have permission to share a given answer :)
Howdy, Judas.
Do you guys plan to publish these games on other platforms, services?
That's why I gave that thought a go, about you guys publishing and stuff, since there are other cases out there :)
Post edited May 05, 2015 by vicklemos
JudasIscariot: a) know what I am talking about and b) I have permission to share a given answer :)
vicklemos: Howdy, Judas.
That's why I gave that thought a go, about you guys publishing and stuff, since there are other cases out there :)
That's up to the decision makers and I have no idea, really :)
vicklemos: Howdy, Judas.
JudasIscariot: That's up to the decision makers and I have no idea, really :)
Thanks!
Well, personally, I think it would be pretty kick ass :)
I wonder why GOG haven't done this earlier before Night Dive Studious. They too pursued System Shock 2 digital release.
Post edited May 05, 2015 by Cadaver747
Barry_Woodward: Now that more time has passed and GOG is publishing games themselves, perhaps Wayne Holder would be more receptive.
Maybe, maybe not. If you can't even get a response from him, you can't make a deal in the first place.
I don't really care about the General games (could never get into them personally) but the GOG publishing issue is a huge deal, especially as there's so many directions that this can take.

For one thing, I assume that CDP publishing globally under the GOG brand is going to be for classic and indie games (basically the sorts of games that would be deemed "good old games", which the brand is associated with, and also indie games that may see timed exclusive releases on GOG), and I hope this also means that CDP is going to be publishing AAA stuff globally under the CD Projekt brand, including I hope DRM-free physical versions.

This isn't entirely wishful thinking, given that CDP have been publishing for donkey's years, but only in Poland.

One way or another, GOG self-publishing was inevitable eventually, given that the Night Dive thing has ultimately proven to be a clusterfuck without compare and that Valve is stealing a lot of the classic game thunder of late (even though they seem to be selling very poorly there).
tinyE: Ladies and Gentleman, please welcome to the forum, Miss Veruca Salt! :P
She didn't like Nocturne that much ;)

Fever_Discordia: Reading that back, I hope I didn't come on a bit strong - I meant to calm you down, not SLAP you down!
Sorry if I did!
Actually GOG community is one of the most polite I've ever seen. No need to apologize for anything ;)
Post edited May 05, 2015 by Cadaver747