It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Brought to you by GOG.com

<span class="bold">Pacific General</span> and <span class="bold">Fantasy General</span>, the accessible, Panzer-like grand strategy classics, are available now DRM-free on GOG.com!

<span class="bold">Pacific General</span>, available for Windows, is a spiritual sequel from the studio behind the acclaimed Panzer General series - an improvement over the classic, but one that retains the same feel and concepts as its inspiration. Once more we return to the overhead battlefields of World War II in a series of quick-play scenarios and full-blown campaigns: everything from Pearl Harbor to hypothetical invasion scenarios is here, all packaged in a relatively newbie-friendly grand-strategy package. <span class="bold">Fantasy General</span> takes that same experience and sets it in a fantasy universe. This one's for you if you're a fan of large-scale hex-based battlefields and steampunk-infused fantasy. Fantasy General is available for Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux.
<span class="bold">Pacific General</span> and <span class="bold">Fantasy General</span> are being published by GOG.com. We are happy to release these titles not on behalf of another party, but by acting as the sole publisher for the very first time!

Unleash your inner armchair general with <span class="bold">Pacific General</span> and <span class="bold">Fantasy General</span>, available now, DRM-free on GOG.com!
moonshineshadow: So now publish some games I want :P
JudasIscariot: Well, that's actually an interesting point :) This "GOG goes into publishing" thing is just the beginning for what we hope will be a very fruitful process regarding securing the rights to some classics that may not be completely abandoned but are up for sale for whatever reason :)

Keep in mind this doesn't mean we are going to work miracles with games whose legal limbo woes are worse than an infinity of Gordian knots.
Well, then just like Alexander, what you'll need to do is keep a sharp sword on hand. :D
synfresh: There is a small but vocal minority of GoG users that can't stand the fact that GoG is now in the 'run games through a client' business, no matter how optional it is.
skeletonbow: Just imagine how quiet and peaceful it will be here should they decide to stop participating here end their patronage. The gains would outweigh the loss IMHO, but time will tell wont it. ;)
A small community that would be i guess
Garret02: Coming back to localisation. Look, I know that it is necessary evil, but for fucks sake, make it optional.
Umm it's always been optional around here :)
Congratulations, GOG, on your publishing debut! I'm excited what this could mean for us.

JudasIscariot: Well, that's actually an interesting point :) This "GOG goes into publishing" thing is just the beginning for what we hope will be a very fruitful process regarding securing the rights to some classics that may not be completely abandoned but are up for sale for whatever reason :)

Keep in mind this doesn't mean we are going to work miracles with games whose legal limbo woes are worse than an infinity of Gordian knots.
It's only a shame you didn't have this implemented when the Master of Orion and Star Control IPs went up for sale. Oh well, at least Stardock might do something interesting with SC.
Fever_Discordia: Wait, might we see games listed as Published by 'GOG' turn up on... other DD sites? I'm not too bothered if they don't remain GOG exclusives but I'm sure everyone won't think the same!
At least the other sites could start selling GOG keys. Mmmm, Fantasy General on Steam... as a GOG key. :)
Thanks for putting these out there. I have waited for these ever since my disk broke (F.G.)!
Awesome news, about as great as Galaxy. I'm guessing GOG got into the biz after Night Dive was repeatedly stiffing them for most sacred nation in world of Earth.

Edit: How about Hexplore by Infogrammes and Heliovisions?
Post edited May 05, 2015 by ShadowWulfe
Awesome news!

Both of them are what can be described as "good old games." Fantasy General is one of my favourite games of all time, and still as fun as it was back in 1996.
Post edited May 05, 2015 by Turjake
synfresh: Exclusivity and DRM-Free are 2 different things. Valve has no issue letting any vendor selling their games. He said they do not require exclusivity on titles and he's correct. He did not say they to do not require DRM.
GabiMoro: So Valve doesn't really want to sell their games in front of as many people as they can, or they would take the necesarry measures to sell their games on more stores (removing the DRM, if needed).
Valve is in a market position where they feel vendors should make concessions for them, not the other way around. Last I checked Portal 2 didn't have a problem selling copies.
Instabuy! Both!

Well done GOG!! You made it!!
GabiMoro: So Valve doesn't really want to sell their games in front of as many people as they can, or they would take the necesarry measures to sell their games on more stores (removing the DRM, if needed).
synfresh: Valve is in a market position where they feel vendors should make concessions for them, not the other way around. Last I checked Portal 2 didn't have a problem selling copies.
true , they make the calls, and if the one(s) on the other side don't/ doesn't 'comply' valve hangs up the phone.
They have the power, but this power was given by the millions of 'followers' (members)
Without 'followers' there are no rulers, without soldiers, there's no army.
Plus nowadays kids are used to drm, they grow up with it they take it for granted, they eat it like candy.
ShadowWulfe: Awesome news, about as great as Galaxy. I'm guessing GOG got into the biz after Night Dive was repeatedly stiffing them for most sacred nation in world of Earth.

Edit: How about Hexplore by Infogrammes and Heliovisions?
I'd like to see GOG get there hands on Enemy Infestation.
http://www.mobygames.com/game/enemy-infestation/

Or War Wind 1 and 2.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_Wind
moonshineshadow: So now publish some games I want :P

So: Does this already applies to these two games---in other words:
Do you own them completely now? Like: You get 100% of the money you gain via sales?

Oh, BTW: You doesn´t adress you, Judas, personally---although a "Thievin' Bastard" of course could take all the money and run... :D )
Garret02: Coming back to localisation. Look, I know that it is necessary evil, but for fucks sake, make it optional.
JudasIscariot: Umm it's always been optional around here :)
Yeah, I know (and very happy about that). That post was just my personal rant at CDP that I was just holding back inside me for a long time :P

RadonGOG: So: Does this already applies to these two games---in other words:
Do you own them completely now? Like: You get 100% of the money you gain via sales?

Oh, BTW: You doesn´t adress you, Judas, personally---although a "Thievin' Bastard" of course could take all the money and run... :D )
I guess we do? I don't know, I don't deal with the financial bits :) As for the "completely", well, I've been told we even have the rights to the source code for the games so I guess that counts as completely :D