It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Your highness...

<span class="bold">Kingdom</span>, a stunningly beautiful and innovative 2D strategy sidescroller, is available now, DRM-free on GOG.com

It's pixel art taken to the next level, and a completely new kind of game. The Kingdom is yours. You must tend to it. Kingdom mixes 2D sidescrolling gameplay with resource management and strategy. With the crown on your head, you are responsible for the well-being, prosperity, and unity of your procedurally-generated domain. And when the darkness comes at night to take everything you have, you'll stand by your men's side until the very end.
And remember the saying:

Wise Rulers know their kingdom will fall,
Brave Rulers do not despair.
Great Rulers know their riches can rule,
And spend every coin with great care.

It looks as beautiful as it sounds - the <span class="bold">Kingdom Original Soundtrack</span> is also available. So lead your <span class="bold">Kingdom</span> towards the next day, DRM-free on GOG.com.
WireHead: There are lots of OOGers which don't care if a game has DRM or not, they only care if the game is good and has a good price. However, there are others for which DRM free is as important as worlwide price. I'm not saying who's right or not, I'm just saying there are people who gets pissed on this matter and they can be very vocal about it.
Id say many of us are here for DRM free... thats the main point of GOG.
Its the same people who whinge about the regional thing all the time...
WireHead: There are lots of OOGers which don't care if a game has DRM or not, they only care if the game is good and has a good price. However, there are others for which DRM free is as important as worlwide price. I'm not saying who's right or not, I'm just saying there are people who gets pissed on this matter and they can be very vocal about it.
Niggles: Id say many of us are here for DRM free... thats the main point of GOG.
Its the same people who whinge about the regional thing all the time...
true.... basically i dont mind that regional pricing stuff, if i like the game and i can afford the price they ask for that kind of game , cause each game has price, a differnt price, no games are the same so the price i can afford to pay and will pay depends on the game itself.
Post edited October 22, 2015 by gamesfreak64
micktiegs_8: I'll just respond to this part in regards to my own situation. The game costs just under $12 for me, and no credit given. Some other games here give little to no credit, yet they cost about $40 to the American $20. You know what I do in these situations? I just don't buy it if I can't, instead of complaining. Games from here are going to be considerably more expensive if my dollar continues to slide. I also earn practically nothing.
Read: I'm not arguing with you; I'm simply telling you that just because I say one thing, doesn't mean I'm saying what you think I'm saying about other things... I'm just not as aggressively protesting the matter, as you seem to be.
Yekes, you guys down there seem to be even worse than europeans! If I sounded Passive agressive or something, my Apologies, I was literally saying to forgive the regionally priced outbursts of some users, to give them some slack.
micktiegs_8: I'll just respond to this part in regards to my own situation. The game costs just under $12 for me, and no credit given. Some other games here give little to no credit, yet they cost about $40 to the American $20. You know what I do in these situations? I just don't buy it if I can't, instead of complaining. Games from here are going to be considerably more expensive if my dollar continues to slide. I also earn practically nothing.
Read: I'm not arguing with you; I'm simply telling you that just because I say one thing, doesn't mean I'm saying what you think I'm saying about other things... I'm just not as aggressively protesting the matter, as you seem to be.
WireHead: Yekes, you guys down there seem to be even worse than europeans! If I sounded Passive agressive or something, my Apologies, I was literally saying to forgive the regionally priced outbursts of some users, to give them some slack.
europeans , are the worst? arent they? :D
well i am EU aswell and i dont mind if and what some people would think of me, but have no fear like i said in a reply few posts up, in a while we will be poor countries aswell, and benefit the low prices, just read the news about all the travelling around with 'gazillions' of people, so dont worry we will be 'poor' in a few years.
Yeah, i can only make funnies about it cause the government does what they are orderd to do, and have no backbones, all is being decided for them, so we cant really blame them.
Anyway back on topic: like i said the game is cool and looks good, reasons why i cant play it and thus wont get it, are already mentioned by me in that post.
Zoidberg: Around 10 seems decent of a price, I'm not for the lowering values of these kind of games, but I'm not getting this until the full price is around 8,99€.

I just crave for more clarity, the whole VAT being integrated in the price in Europe but not elsewhere (at least US). Is this really that hard to have a basic VAT free price that can then be converted before applying a specific VAT? That would be clearer, and the fair prices would be clearer too. VAT should be added to the sale price and paid by the buyer to his/her own country, not by the dev. Well that's another issue than regional pricing but it's sometimes linked (by people who don't know any better should I ask).

And yes, it matters to me: I don't want to participate on this thus if I can't find a "fair" price, I don't buy while I really wanted to get this game, now I can't. Well, except illegally, which annoys me to no end...

As for the game, the let's play I've seen doesn't seem to witness any kind of general updates, I guess the only thing that changes is your knowledge of the game and its rules.

And they SHOULDN'T. Devs/publishers SHOULD stop dropping this crap on people.

RSS feed, bro.

It only shows how I wanted to get it. And I'll comment about a regionally priced release each time there's a regionally priced release. It's only logical. Besides, I do also congratulate on non-regionally priced releases (bought Odallus, which was a sale actually).

So if you want to pass judgment on me, please do it integrally, not only the parts that supplement your own point.
gamesfreak64: 10 euros is a decent price, 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 and 9 euros are also nice prices
all depends on "what kind of game is it? "
basically i have a price i can afford and willing to pay as such , inside my head, when i see a game the engine starts and i calculate a price.
This game looks quite good but theres way too much motion, i saw the horse in the videos (youtube) move left then forth then left and all so quick and all things scrolled along aswell, way too much going on for my poor eyes/brain so i only pass this games based on motionsensitivity if i had no problems with those sensitivities i would have bought it.

now back to regional pricing: maybe its because some european couniires are considerd in the 'wealthy' area of Europe/part of the world, thus being able to fork out more cash on things compared to poor countries inside the EU.

But with all the stuff going on, it be a matter of time before the netherlands, belgium, and maybe even more former rich countties will all need wellfare cause with the current increasing arrivals its just a matter of time before the countries go 'bankrupt' cause we cant take these economics stress and costs anylonger.
Given that fact and the fact that we alread have 670K of unemployed (i think its way more but our goverment loves to fidle with numbers and info so you never know whats really going on.
I think its going down the drain, all the way to the sewers.
Wow... there's really not much to say to this kind of shit post...
Niggles: Its the same people who whinge about the regional thing all the time...
I'm sorry but is this supposed to be illogical?!
Post edited October 22, 2015 by Zoidberg
I tried the flashversion of the game and kind of liked it.
But I spent far to much money recently. So I've to put it on the wishlist for now.
Post edited October 22, 2015 by viperfdl
jorlin: Hey, you changed your avatar? Awww...
It's just my promotion outfit for Hallowe'en. I'll be back to the big metal deathmachine soon enough. :)
WireHead: Yekes, you guys down there seem to be even worse than europeans! If I sounded Passive agressive or something, my Apologies, I was literally saying to forgive the regionally priced outbursts of some users, to give them some slack.
Well, I did say 'seem to be'. I have no idea what to totally think of a bunch of text, so I'm saying what it looks like. The overgeneralising 'you guys down there' is just unwarranted. Let's just call it a misunderstanding.
It pickled my interest before actual release. I wishlisted it at that time.

it seems to be a decent game with good pixel art (cause pixel art can range from lame to great... )

but as one said in the earliest posts:
regional pricing is a turn off (for me at least)
regional pricing for indies is... meh ? wtf ? put it the ackward way you prefer

and i will refrain myself of ranting against the more and more common bad habit of selling soundtrack as separate product. GOG releases are stripped of goodies now and then. I liked the time when each game was carrying wallpapsq, soundtrack, and much other stuff (or even DECENT manual). nowadays it is installer, no manual, nothin else, and soundtrack/goodies are on separate deluxe sumthin upgrade or so on

even if i like gog policy about regional pricing (giving out the difference in store credit)
i really rarely let myself resign to buy a game when it is regionaly priced.

1) because doing so sends an encouraging message to devs/publishers that region pricing is ok despite the ranting and give them the feeling they can just keep on doing it... and it also leads to worsen negociation between them and gog and weaken gog's ability to enforvce their own policy we seemingly like ourselves (else we would all be elsewhere than in gog)

2) it weakn gog also in the fact they endure financially the difference for the sake of their/our principles

anyway i'm broke this month and already am helplessly drooling at galaxy rebel also, and maybe at many releases to come until next month's income...

so, no "kingdom" for me right now.
Post edited October 22, 2015 by Djaron
Zoidberg: I just crave for more clarity, the whole VAT being integrated in the price in Europe but not elsewhere (at least US). Is this really that hard to have a basic VAT free price that can then be converted before applying a specific VAT? That would be clearer, and the fair prices would be clearer too. VAT should be added to the sale price and paid by the buyer to his/her own country, not by the dev. Well that's another issue than regional pricing but it's sometimes linked (by people who don't know any better should I ask).

And yes, it matters to me: I don't want to participate on this thus if I can't find a "fair" price, I don't buy while I really wanted to get this game, now I can't. Well, except illegally, which annoys me to no end...
Then we'd get mad here in the US, because there is no VAT here. What we have is sales tax, which varies wildly and is established at the state and local levels, not nationally. I can travel less than 10 km here and pay a different tax rate for the same item in a store. Sales taxes are rarely listed as part of the item price here.

Let's use an example: I go to the grocery and pick up a jar of Nutella. The tag on the shelf says $3.99. When I go to the checkout to pay for it, a number of things can happen.

1) The grocery store's in a state that a) does not charge sales tax; or b) chooses to exempt food items (excluding restaurant food) from sales tax. I pay $3.99.

2) The grocery store is in a state that does tax food items. (Additional wrinkle: the food item sales tax may exist, but be less than the tax on non-food items.) I pay the state sales tax, plus up to two layers of additional sales taxes (county and/or city), meaning anywhere from 2-12 percent or so on top of $3.99, for a range of $4.07-$4.47.

By the way, in almost all cases the onus is on the final retail seller, not the buyer, to collect sales tax in the US. That'd be GOG, not the devs---the devs are wholesalers providing goods for resale to GOG the retailer, and sales tax does not apply to wholesalers. This is another way sales tax differs from VAT. So US devs would be responsible for corporate taxes, but they don't have to calculate/collect sales taxes for games they provide at wholesale to third parties. This is another incentive for US devs to let someone else, like GOG or Steam, handle distribution.

Now, technically there are times where you're supposed to keep up with what you "should" pay in tax for online purchases, if the seller doesn't, and file it with your state income tax return, but pretty much no one ever does.

If GOG calculated taxes the way you'd prefer, I'd pay a different total price depending on whether I made the purchase from my household IP or my work IP, which are 40 km apart.
wow... sale tax/vat sounds rather complicated out there.

here in my country, you jut got your face punched for +20.6% of the initial price (that hurts enough already)
so when i see that gog/any store geolocalized price for me is above base us price + 20.6% i just get pissed off (and usuallly allow myself to rant out loud against the greedy publisher)
VAT seems way more preferable then. VAT is a tax on consumption, right? So it's paid by the consumer and goes back to the consumer's state, right?

All in all, US buyers don't get taxed for gog games then?
Djaron: wow... sale tax/vat sounds rather complicated out there.

here in my country, you jut got your face punched for +20.6% of the initial price (that hurts enough already)
so when i see that gog/any store geolocalized price for me is above base us price + 20.6% i just get pissed off (and usuallly allow myself to rant out loud against the greedy publisher)
I understand your VAT outrage. :) But what I'm pointing out is that for devs who are US-based, or can run through a US subsidiary, they're making extra profit at the US price because they don't have to pay VAT on their end.

If my understanding is correct, a French dev would have to pay the French govt that 20.6% VAT on what they receive from their sales to GOG. If the dev has a US subsidiary, they can contract to GOG through that subsidiary, claim wholesale, and not pay US sales tax, much less French VAT. Even allowing for US corporate taxes, the devs could set a lower US price and still make as much or more profit. I'd dearly love to know what the respective profit margins are in these cases, because I think it's entirely possible that at least some developers are making more money per sale off US customers, in which case you can argue that we're the ones overpaying. :)
No kidding. =P
Lemon_Curry: It looks quite similar to a flash game I've played. Unfortunately, I can't remember the title.

I have to give credit where credit is due: Raw Fury really has the legalese down pat (see attachment).
Glad you grabbed the screenshot! Now fixed. :(