It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Return to the Mothership

<span class="bold">Homeworld Remastered Collection</span>, containing the legendary space RTSs turned instant classics, is now available, DRM-free on GOG.com with GOG Galaxy support for achievements and multiplayer, and a 50% launch discount.

Homeworld brought real-time strategy into actual 3D, creating a truly free-form tactical experience across battlefields vast in every dimension. It did so in a way that's not just manageable, but overwhelmingly fun! This engrossing space opera chronicles the struggles of an alien race, the Kushan, locked in a vicious conflict with a tyrannical empire as they make their way to the promised land.
Homeworld 2 expanded on the setting and story even further, while refining the overall gameplay and visual experience. Now the whole saga has been remastered, putting a fresh coat of paint and techno-magic over this timeless experience, so that new and veteran players alike can finally return safely to their true Homeworld. This version also includes the latest massive patch, which brings tons of radical changes to formations, ship behavior, gameplay balance, and more.

The Homeworld Remastered Collection includes both the classic and remastered editions of Homeworld & Homeworld 2.
Dedicated fans can also grab the remastered <span class="bold">soundtrack from both games</span>, available in MP3 and FLAC.

Engage in full-scale battle between vast 3D fleets in <span class="bold">Homeworld Remastered Collection</span>, DRM-free on GOG.com. The 50% discount will last until June 10, 12:59 PM UTC.
IronArcturus: Very cool! Also, do you know if the engine is either DirectX or OpenGL?
On the game's store page it says:

Additional Notes: * Game engine uses OpenGL3.3 It is important that you get the latest drivers for your video card to ensure compatibility with this product.
UhuruNUru: F9 is your fav, but I think that's everything bound to keys.
Lots of keybinds, this is just one section.
IronArcturus: Very cool! Also, do you know if the engine is either DirectX or OpenGL?
Open GL from memory for Homeworld classic that's mentioned in manual of orifginals, which I got online somewhete, with the qick ref sheets for both 1 and 2.

Remastered uses 2's engine and just checked gearbox link which says

To ensure compatibility and stability of Homeworld Remastered Collection, it is REQUIRED that you update all hardware device drivers and install the latest version of DirectX.
F4LL0UT: Really bummed not to see Cataclysm among the bonus content. I somewhat understand that they couldn't remaster it with the missing source code and all but seeing the original games among the bonus content I was really hoping to find Cataclysm among them. Oh well, still happy to see this whole package here. Might actually pick it up during the next couple of days.
Yeah, I wish Cataclysm could have been remastered as well.

"Mimic reporting, sir!"

"Command ship is under attack!"
This is some the best news here on gog for some time. I look forward to replaying these games once more. Multiplayer was great. Man I remember the days belonging the clan OMO (Old Men Online); some great times with that bunch.

So gog, do you think Homeworld: Cataclysm will ever make it as well. The cannon was sweet to fire off! :o)
Post edited June 08, 2016 by Faithful
There's plenty of great information here, but aren't you afraid that most people will just be afraid to search it in a 14 (and counting) pages thread?

I prefer to write in the dedicated forum :
https://www.gog.com/forum/homeworld_remastered_collection
(Just in case : You don't have to own the game to write there.)

MaxFulvus: Is Homeworld Cataclysm included ?
Matruchus: No. Supposedly the source for it was lost.
The discussion about what happened to Cataclysm, and some answers (by the Cataclysm devs) here :
https://www.gog.com/forum/homeworld_remastered_collection/homeworld_cataclysm/page1
And :
tremere110: Awesome... but do the originals still have LAN stripped from them?
Could someone please give a detailed answer in this thread?
https://www.gog.com/forum/homeworld_remastered_collection/what_is_the_status_of_multiplayer
Post edited June 08, 2016 by BlueTemplar
Faithful: This is some the best news here on gog for some time. I look forward to replaying these games once more. Multiplayer was great. Man I remember the days belonging the clan OMO (Old Men Online); some great times with that bunch.

So gog, do you think Homeworld: Cataclysm will ever make it as well. The cannon was sweet to fire off! :o)
The original source code is currently lost for Cataclysm. :-/ As a result Gearbox was unable to make a remastered version.
Is Cataclysm a totally separate game?
SirPrimalform: Ridiculous and unnecessary, I won't be buying any time soon then.
IronArcturus: Really? Why was the LAN version removed from everything? That's pretty disappointing. :(
My guess is it was as a sort of DRM. If you can only play multiplayer online then they have more control over your access.
tinyE: Is Cataclysm a totally separate game?
Cataclysm was like another "episode" of Homeworld. Instead of the Mothership, you control a mining ship that has to be converted to a command ship to stop a new threat. The main enemy is called the "Beast" and they were very Borg-like. They could capture your ships and then convert them to attack you!
Yes and uses the original Homeworld engine.
I recommend you bite the bullet and get a disc I got a mint condition one for £5.50 free P&P in UK.
Links a couple of pages back.

Speaking of links heres all the original docs, and a few fan made ones I found.
Homeworld Series Documentation
deja65: EDIT: As far as i know, the original Homeworld's used WON( World Online Network) for online play, and that sucker went down 2004 or 2005, and according to some guys close to GearBox, LAN is actually somehow tied with WON multiplayer interface and code.So the guys at GB maybe didnt want to spend extra time fixing that.Hope this info helped. Cheers
Well, if the LAN in original copies still works (which is the case as far as I know) then that doesn't make much sense. If they were just removing something completely non-functional that would be different.
Why no Mac Version?
Post edited June 08, 2016 by cecil
UhuruNUru: Yes and uses the original Homeworld engine.
I recommend you bite the bullet and get a disc I got a mint condition one for £5.50 free P&P in UK.
Links a couple of pages back.

Speaking of links heres all the original docs, and a few fan made ones I found.
Homeworld Series Documentation
That is exactly why I asked. I don't mind getting the disc, I just don;t want to get it and find out I need the original on there and then spend the next week trying to get it to accept my GOG version. :P
tinyE: That is exactly why I asked. I don't mind getting the disc, I just don;t want to get it and find out I need the original on there and then spend the next week trying to get it to accept my GOG version. :P
If you get Cataclysm, try to scuttle the main ship! The commander will get mad at you! :P
tinyE: That is exactly why I asked. I don't mind getting the disc, I just don;t want to get it and find out I need the original on there and then spend the next week trying to get it to accept my GOG version. :P
IronArcturus: If you get Cataclysm, try to scuttle the main ship! The commander will get mad at you! :P
Well i just checked Amazon. They want $20 for a used copy listed as "Okay". :P