It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Return to the Mothership

<span class="bold">Homeworld Remastered Collection</span>, containing the legendary space RTSs turned instant classics, is now available, DRM-free on GOG.com with GOG Galaxy support for achievements and multiplayer, and a 50% launch discount.

Homeworld brought real-time strategy into actual 3D, creating a truly free-form tactical experience across battlefields vast in every dimension. It did so in a way that's not just manageable, but overwhelmingly fun! This engrossing space opera chronicles the struggles of an alien race, the Kushan, locked in a vicious conflict with a tyrannical empire as they make their way to the promised land.
Homeworld 2 expanded on the setting and story even further, while refining the overall gameplay and visual experience. Now the whole saga has been remastered, putting a fresh coat of paint and techno-magic over this timeless experience, so that new and veteran players alike can finally return safely to their true Homeworld. This version also includes the latest massive patch, which brings tons of radical changes to formations, ship behavior, gameplay balance, and more.

The Homeworld Remastered Collection includes both the classic and remastered editions of Homeworld & Homeworld 2.
Dedicated fans can also grab the remastered <span class="bold">soundtrack from both games</span>, available in MP3 and FLAC.

Engage in full-scale battle between vast 3D fleets in <span class="bold">Homeworld Remastered Collection</span>, DRM-free on GOG.com. The 50% discount will last until June 10, 12:59 PM UTC.
deja65: Guys, just a quick question! Are the classic versions of the Homeworld separate games when we buy them or are they part of the remastered version and can be accesed only through that. Cheers.
I would like to know it too. My PC will not run Remastered (have an XP) and before I buy I would like to know if I will be able to install / play classic versions..
Post edited June 07, 2016 by tburger
The front page doesn't state that the game supports Achievements and GOG Galaxy. I think this is worth mentioning... :)

Edit: Oh it does. Never mind.
Post edited June 07, 2016 by amurgaming
deja65: Guys, just a quick question! Are the classic versions of the Homeworld separate games when we buy them or are they part of the remastered version and can be accesed only through that. Cheers.
tburger: I would like to know it too. My PC will not run Remastered (have an XP) and before I buy I would like to know if I will be able to install / play classic versions..
They are there but you need to download the whole thing to get them, which is what I'm going through right now. :P
Post edited June 07, 2016 by tinyE
tburger: I would like to know it too. My PC will not run Remastered (have an XP) and before I buy I would like to know if I will be able to install / play classic versions..
You can download only one Installer which will install the classic version inside the Homeworld Remastered
Folder.
Both can be played without running the Remastered versions.
And just for convenience if you have an AMD GPU get a "fixed" atioglxx.dll and put it inside the HW2 Folder.
Not a fan of RTS myself, but others will be thankful; this is very, very nice.
Glad it ended up on GOG, thank you! :)
I bought this on steam because I didn't see a gog version when it was out. I should've waited since i haven't even played it yet. Hope it gets gog connect'd.
low rated
almost forgot to remind you all, no matter how happy some of you are about this drm-free release:

gearbox should be nuked from orbit! cause they're assholes!
Someday I will get past the asteroid level :P
Post edited June 07, 2016 by Matewis
Ahh..
I wish someday it come to gog connect. :/

Thank You gog.
I have some very emotional attachment to original Homeworld game. :')
high rated
SirPrimalform: Is the LAN intact in the classics? Back when this was released on Steam I remember some controversy about LAN being removed from the classic versions.
I can confirm that LAN has indeed been stripped from the classics
:(
Post edited June 07, 2016 by tremere110
Another +1 for GOG Connect
GOG Connect, PLEASE.
Very nice. I am glad that Gearbox have come to their senses. Now give me Brothers in Arms. :)
SirPrimalform: Is the LAN intact in the classics? Back when this was released on Steam I remember some controversy about LAN being removed from the classic versions.
tremere110: I can confirm that LAN has indeed been stripped from the classics
:(
Ridiculous and unnecessary, I won't be buying any time soon then.
Welcome to Gearbox! Nice to finally see the Homeworld games on GOG.

I would have preferred to be able to buy the games separately though.