It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Experiment and have fun in the ultimate playground as Agent 47 to become the master assassin. HITMAN - Game of The Year Edition is now available on GOG.COM with an astounding 70% discount that will last until 29th September 2021, 1 PM UTC.

Get ready for even more challenges! All games from the Hitman series available on GOG.COM receive 75% discounts lasting also until 29th September 2021, 1 PM UTC:

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG account to join now!
high rated
Dear Community,

Thank you for your patience and for giving us the time to investigate the release of HITMAN GOTY on GOG. As promised, we’re getting back to you with updates.

We're still in dialogue with IO Interactive about this release. Today we have removed HITMAN GOTY from GOG’s catalog – we shouldn’t have released it in its current form, as you’ve pointed out.

We’d like to apologise for the confusion and anger generated by this situation. We’ve let you down and we’d like to thank you for bringing this topic to us – while it was honest to the bone, it shows how passionate you are towards GOG.

We appreciate your feedback and will continue our efforts to improve our communication with you.
Post edited October 08, 2021 by chandra
high rated
chandra: Dear GOG community!

Thank you for bringing this topic to our attention. We’re looking into it and will be updating you in the coming weeks. In case you have purchased HITMAN and are not satisfied with the released version, you can use your right to refund the game. At the same time, while we’re open for meritful discussion and feedback, we will not tolerate review bombing and will be removing posts that do not follow our review guidelines.
Should it not be taken off the store front until the issue is handled in case of an unsatisfactory resolution? Between now and the time GOG comes to a resolution with IOI there will be plenty of people who buy the game not looking at reviews not realizing there is DRM.

And IF a satisfactory resolution does come to be, wont the game sale be over? Pretty much punishing all the users who refused to purchase, or did purchase and refund the game while the DRM was present?
Post edited September 25, 2021 by Starsmine
high rated
chandra: Thank you for bringing this topic to our attention. We’re looking into it and will be updating you in the coming weeks. In case you have purchased HITMAN and are not satisfied with the released version, you can use your right to refund the game.
Thanks for bringing it to your attention? How did GOG not know about it before listing the game for sale or are you feigning ignorance (AKA lying) to pretend that you care about GOG's customers and stated principles?

I certainly hope that GOG does more than look and I will extend the benefit of the doubt for now. In the coming weeks, one of three things needs to happen: The developer needs to remove the artificial restrictions, the game should not be sold here or I should stop buying here.
chandra: At the same time, while we’re open for meritful discussion and feedback, we will not tolerate review bombing and will be removing posts that do not follow our review guidelines.
"Review bomb" translation: Any review that exposes bad behaviour.
Post edited September 25, 2021 by Serren
Kyousuke.: I follow fanatical and yet I've missed this one bundle, unless I already had the games and skipped them.
There was a "build your own bundle" for Neo Geo games from SNK at Fanatical back in 2020:
https://new.isthereanydeal.com/bundles/8565/
(The Fanatical page is no longer accessible, so the best source are tracking sites)

(edit because GOG's forum software doesn't recognize the link of the old version of ITAD as a link)
Post edited September 25, 2021 by _Auster_
low rated
Serren: Thanks for bringing it to your attention? How did GOG not know about it before listing the game for sale or are you feigning ignorance (AKA lying) to pretend that you care about GOG's customers and stated principles?
Such staff (generally speaking) usually read/write what they're approved/allowed to by higher ups......they probably got a sheet of possible responses/etc they can use to formulate replies.
Post edited September 25, 2021 by GamezRanker
Ancient-Red-Dragon: Rather, "fighting hard" would be if they had said something like: we have de-listed Hitman GOTY from GOG, and we will re-list it only if & when the devs decide to make its GOG release become 100% DRM-free first.
StingingVelvet: You guys act like stuff is so simple and black and white all the time. If nothing else I'm sure they now have a contract with IOI to sell the game. If nothing else they would at least investigate the decision and talk to IOI, which knowing companies like this could take months. You have ridiculous expectations.

GOG have always seen online elements of games as a different thing from singleplayer when selling "DRM free" games. They messed up here because Hitman is a weird game where a ton of its singleplayer content is technically in its "online mode." As I said before it should NOT be here in my opinion, but I'm not going to assume GOG is evil rather than just making a mistake. If they were going to throw caution to the wind and say screw it then they'd be selling much more profitable games.
Yes. Hanlon's Razor. Why attribute to malice what is adequately explained by incompetence? If they are THAT incompetent, they deserve to go out of business.
Serren: Thanks for bringing it to your attention? How did GOG not know about it before listing the game for sale or are you feigning ignorance (AKA lying) to pretend that you care about GOG's customers and stated principles?
GamezRanker: Such staff (generally speaking) usually read/write what they're approved/allowed to by higher ups......they probably got a sheet of possible responses/etc they can use to formulate replies.
Not unlikely. I would have loved to see that sheet. Especially the part that said to use the verb "bomb".
low rated
paladin181: Yes. Hanlon's Razor. Why attribute to malice what is adequately explained by incompetence? If they are THAT incompetent, they deserve to go out of business.
What if they're BOTH? o.0

====

mrkgnao: Not unlikely. I would have loved to see that sheet.
Me too, and also others like the list of "problematic" forum users they supposedly have.
(i.e. those they keep tabs on more than the rest of the userbase)
Post edited September 25, 2021 by GamezRanker
high rated
Thanks gogers for your empathy showing up here expressing your point of views: Together we are stronger and louder! Please keep going and let's make our voice be heard!
Talk to your people why is bad idea (and bad business!) to purchase HITMAN - Game of The Year Edition in GOG. If possible, also please:
-On the recent -new releases- threads, leave a comment about what is happening with HITMAN GOTY and a link to this thread to let the clueless gogers realize this is happening
-If you speak another languages, please open threads in their forums inviting them to join this thread to express their opinions. I really wonder the reactions there
-Leave your review on the game front-page (of course following the review guidelines to do not have it deleted)
-Join the effort to send emails, tweets, reddits, twitch, etc. not only to IOI and GOG but also to developers and publishers you know/keep contact: They certainly are impacted by this and its slow progress; They might share our need to have this clarified &/or solved as soon as possible.
-Visit another threads already created in the general forum about the HITMAN GOTY release. Create one if you notice your point of view/considerations/ideas are not being expressed. If you wish, visit also the other threads talking about live parallel problems and give your support:
+Games that treat GOG customers as second class citizens
+Let's review the review system
+Games that need Galaxy for multiplayer and the ones that don't
+DRM-free multiplayer: list of games that actually are 100% DRM-free
+To CD Projekt Red - bring Witcher 3 and your other games to Linux please.
+The Unannounced Addition of Linux and macOS Versions Thread
+Quake Enhanced Update
+AKIBA'S TRIP: Undead And Undressed is a Steam-rip
+Piggybacking off Cyberpunk 2077
+List of broken GOG Achievements
+List with GOG Games that have In-game achievements V2
+What are your 3 biggest issues with GOG and how could they fix those issues?
Thanks a ton in advance for your time and love to this DRM Free store :)
Kyousuke.: I follow fanatical and yet I've missed this one bundle, unless I already had the games and skipped them.
_Auster_: There was a "build your own bundle" for Neo Geo games from SNK at Fanatical back in 2020:
https://new.isthereanydeal.com/bundles/8565/
(The Fanatical page is no longer accessible, so the best source are tracking sites)

(edit because GOG's forum software doesn't recognize the link of the old version of ITAD as a link)
Thanks for the info.
Unfortunately this dates a year ago... not something that common.
low rated
skirtish: FYI, that is not necessarily the case. Maybe you've only encountered it in situations where the quoter was also hostile, but if one isn't specifically referring to individual points, omitting the post text is not necessarily disrepectful and sometimes preferable to quoting it in full or part.
tag+: I am really sorry trynoval, it wasn't my intention, quite the opposite: say thanks to your work. I'd really like to detail the reasons of my <snip> general usage in the GOG forums but it would de-rail us from the topic here. Later I will find the correct space. But please be sure I really appreciate your honesty & very civil way to tell me. Considering I am not ignorant about it anymore, I am very careful of its usage since this very moment and I offer you an apology.

And thanks a lot for your support skirtish :)
Wait, wait! No offense was given, man. It was obvious from the start that you don't mean anything bad. And I'm not a snowman to melt from couple of hot words. ;)
high rated

Thank you for bringing this topic to our attention. We’re looking into it and will be updating you in the coming weeks. In case you have purchased HITMAN and are not satisfied with the released version, you can use your right to refund the game. At the same time, while we’re open for meritful discussion and feedback, we will not tolerate review bombing and will be removing posts that do not follow our review guidelines.
Every business that makes a genuine mistake should be given the opportunity to rectify that mistake.

But quite simply your statement beggars belief.

There has been a well documented post by a fellow blue condoning DRM where it is considered by gog to be cosmetic. Gog have been testing the waters for DRM acceptance for considerable time.

Clearly this is no longer a cosmetic issue, rather it is a seismic problem of trust between a shop that claims to be DRM free and consumers who expect a DRM free product.

I for one would be extremely grateful if gog could just dispense with time wasting. Because that it is all this is about: time wasting until the point that gog has no other choice but to drop the DRM free policy.

Too long have you been allowed to trade under a DRM free banner.

So just stop it, gog.

Admit to the breach in core policy and let everyone of your users be able to make an informed decision on which of your games contains DRM and which does not.
high rated
Well well well, I brought the game some 24 or so hours ago, saw a post in this very topic about refunds and I put one in at 9AM AEST and got my refund 1 hour later. I hope that GoG got the message that this isn't cool and I won't be buying anything again on day 1.

Once those DRM/unlocks issues get sorted out, I'll buy the game again.
Danielx64: Well well well, I brought the game some 24 or so hours ago, saw a post in this very topic about refunds and I put one in at 9AM AEST and got my refund 1 hour later. I hope that GoG got the message that this isn't cool and I won't be buying anything again on day 1.

Once those DRM/unlocks issues get sorted out, I'll buy the game again.
Agreed, I've wish listed the game and I'll pick it up once/if this gets sorted. Beautiful graphics.
high rated

Thank you for bringing this topic to our attention. We’re looking into it and will be updating you in the coming weeks. In case you have purchased HITMAN and are not satisfied with the released version, you can use your right to refund the game.
this is a terrible [but unsurprising response.]

there's no "bringing the topic to your attention." you absolutely knew what you were doing all along. this is you attempting to save face, but it's long past that point for this particular release.

chandra: At the same time, while we’re open for meritful discussion and feedback, we will not tolerate review bombing and will be removing posts that do not follow our review guidelines.
respectfully, i wouldn't classify this as a "review bomb," per se. i would classify it as a lot of customers being quite unhappy that the product that they bought under a particular promise of yours ["we're a drm free store!"] turned out to be false.

given that information, it is right that people warn potential customers in the best way they can about the product they might get. that is part of the "feature set" of this release, so it is fair game for commenting on.

---

i can't say i'm very surprised by this situation.

i wrote an open letter to you several years ago about problems you had THEN, and those problems are steadily getting worse.

at this point - and as others have said - if you want to change the terms under which your store is run [and, thus, become just another steam] then that's absolutely your right to do so, however, i - for one - would prefer that you just be honest.

it's been clear to me that you have abandoned your core pillars one by one over a period of years. it's not great if you abandon your drm free pillar, too, but you know, you feel you need to make money this way and that, in turn is "fine."

except - i would - and i'm sure there are a lot of others like me - just appreciate honesty.

if the very next blue post is: "we're not a drm free store anymore," then that's great, because that clears up a lot of confusion.

until then, this sort of thing is going to /keep/ happening for EVERY new release you post, because it's impossible - now - to tell - without other users telling us - what the status of each game is that you put onto the store shelf.

that's bad for you.

but it's also kind of bad for us as customers.

so, i think we'd appreciate it if you sort this out SOONER rather than later.

[and as i say: all it requires is a one line blue post.]
Kyousuke.: Thanks for the info.
Unfortunately this dates a year ago... not something that common.
Humble Bundle also had two recent Humble Choice bundles where one of the games came as GOG keys. But if you want to discuss it, I think we should move to a post like the Humble Monthly Bundle thread, or make a new one about stores that sell GOG keys.
Post edited September 25, 2021 by _Auster_