It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

A fistful of vengeance.

<span class="bold">GUN&trade;</span>, a gun-trotting action/adventure in the wild West, is available now DRM-free on GOG.com.

There is something about the Old West that keeps fascinating us. The dusty towns, the gold rush, the dames of questionable moral fiber, the bullet-ridden saloons, the twitchy duels, the tobacco-chewing villains - they blur the line between history and fantasy in a particularly alluring fashion.
GUN is about breathing in all these things as Colton White and also engaging in bounty-collection missions, poker matches, buffalo hunts, train robberies, horseback shootouts, and just about everything that an open-world adventure has to offer to a daring gunslinger such as yourself. Just remember that sometimes the stealthy, more cunning approach is preferable to direct violence, even against the lowlifes that have wronged you.

Enter the vast, opportunistic land of the Wild West and dish out justice with your <span class="bold">GUN&trade;</span> in hand, DRM-free on GOG.com.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/sZo5BxQDkto
Post edited June 23, 2016 by maladr0Id
AlienMind: This is getting ridiculous.
I'm over 18.
Please test that and handle me correspondingly.
Or change your EULA to just not allow selling to minors.
Let's test this!

Please answer the following correctly.

Johnny Carson is
a. a singer.
b. David Letterman's sidekick.
c. Ed McMahon's sidekick.
d. an actor.

VCR stands for
a. Very Confusing Record.
b. Visual Cartridge Recording.
c. Very Complete Record.
d. Video Cassette Recorder.

The East Coast is
a. home of the Mets.
b. a country.
c. where people talk funny.
d. adjacent to Texas.

This age test courtesy of Leisure Suit Larry in the Land of the Lounge Lizards.
CharlesGrey: Perhaps it's not their fault, per se, nor a desirable situation for them, but they're also not doing everything they could to provide customers with a better alternative. Some form of optional age verification system would be an improvement, as others have already suggested.
Well, we don't know what is actually happening behind closed doors. Plus you know how slow GOG is with extending the site's functionality and careful with things involving users' personal information, we can't tell for sure if they aren't already working on an age verification system for the German market. Add that it's a complicated legal matter in a foreign country, surely making things even harder.

CharlesGrey: Besides, when people ( from Germany or elsewhere ) complain about these bans, the standard response is that their country's laws are the problem, and they should try to change those instead of complaining to GOG. But realistically, huge international companies such as Valve, or the various AAA publishers, have a much better chance of actually doing something about such antiquated laws.
You assume that just because there are no big official announcements on this matter none of the big companies are actually trying to do anything which is actually wrong. In 2011 I attended a panel where various people, including a German EA representative, talked about these matters and yes, EA and presumably other companies are trying to get things changed. There was also a lawyer there who freelances for various publishers and developers and tries to get controversial games released and the antiquated laws changed. And a few years ago I even stumbled upon a document hosted on the BPjM's website that states why the laws need to change and pointed out why games are treated differently than movies and why that's ridiculous, so even they seem willing to get things changed but for some reason can't.

CharlesGrey: Individual gamers can't really do jack; but money, potential tax income etc. -- that's the kind of language any government understands.
Well, the GEMA is causing ridiculous losses for the music industry but that's not enough to get things changed. I think there's really more at play than just money.

CharlesGrey: In fact, I firmly believe the growing popularity of video games, the greater target audience, and the way budgets and the income of the games industry have exploded during the last 10-15 years or so, are the main reason why German authorities nowadays are much more "tolerant" towards this form of entertainment.
I think it's just one contributing factor but I don't think it's the main one. Just look at some of the reports explaining why certain games were banned in the early years of gaming. They are filled with pseudoscience, suggesting ridiculous effects on the players. You can find similar statements by doctors from the early days of railroads, about the human mind being unable to cope with speeds higher than 8 miles an hour or something. And now you have similar "medical" reports about VR which suggest permanent damage to the eyesight and psyche even though they contradict the experiences of people who have already been using them intensively for years. Such bullshit claims go away naturally over the years. Then there's of course the cultural skepticism of any new medium. Comics had similar problems as video games but have been enjoying more freedom than the latter for a long time now even though they are a tiny industry by comparison, especially in Germany, again suggesting that it's not just about money.

CharlesGrey: Of course, GOG is cherry-picking German software distribution laws to begin with, while happily ignoring others.
Which really suggests that in those cases where GOG doesn't sell a game to German users it's because they don't actually have a choice. And selling games to German users, especially banned ones, is obviously in GOG's interest so again, I think you underestimate the kind of pressure GOG is under in these cases.
Post edited June 24, 2016 by F4LL0UT
wtf?
Stooner: wtf?
Yeah...
Stooner: wtf?
sunshinecorp: Yeah...
like I'm.. wtf?
I rather not.
Post edited June 24, 2016 by Stooner
sunshinecorp: Yeah...
Stooner: like I'm.. wtf?
I rather not.
*nods*
Stooner: like I'm.. wtf?
I rather not.
sunshinecorp: *nods*
Forget this, let's booogie.
high rated
IAmSinistar: And they didn't even add "Director's Cut" to the title to justify the price. ~_~
Ha, I guess we should appreciate their honesty for just wanting to cash in.
mk47at: The paypal account?

Well, what do you expect if you spend your time licking your paws...
styggron: I have no idea what you mean
What part is the problem?

The first part (my question which account could get locked because of security features – paypal or gog)?
Or the second part (my response to NuffCatnip's remark about her/him being to slow – in which I jokingly mentioned typical cat behavior)?
Lol the game is now 50% off on Steam.
More than 10 euro's difference in price atm.
Post edited June 24, 2016 by omega64
Activision? Sweet! I hope GOG have a batch coming from them!
Now all we need is Rock Star to finally port the Red Dead games to PC
(Yes plural - I want RD Revolver too dammit!)
sunshinecorp: Eh... Almost 20 euros for this? Get real...
Wait for a discount ... as I do. Won't buy it until 3 EUR or under.
Oh? To this day, I've always mixed up this game with "Gunman Chronicles". I realized this couldn't be the case as this game was released quite late (2005) to be a Half-life mod...
sunshinecorp: *nods*
Stooner: Forget this, let's booogie.
Very, very nice my friend.

Anyway....$20 for this? No thanks, I'll wait.
The shoppage of "GUN" doesnt show up and its not possible to find the game via the search function.