It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Fenimore Fillmore: 3 Skulls of the Toltecs is now available DRM-free. You can get it 50% off until July 9, 1 PM UTC.

3 Skulls of the Toltecs was one of the last classic point & click adventure release in 1996, now you can play it again in this wonderful remastered version with enhanced graphics up to 4k.
gamesfreak64: if you dont have galaxy you can continue and it will showe your name of currently logged in user profile from your windows
MarkoH01: If you like you can then enter any name you want into the field and click on continue.
Exactly. This is a feature which allows you create and use different user profiles, e.g. for having separate sets of save games (including separate configurations).
On Windows the following path is used: %APPDATA%\CasualBrothers\3Skulls\[
Plus a subdirectory according to your entered user profile name.

When using GOG Galaxy it will just use the GOG User as profile name by default.

This is a great feature!
Gualbert:
MarkoH01: Also I missed another tiny (but easy to fix) German localisation bug. When you chose the language and/or subtitles instead of "Deutsche" it should say "Deutsch" (so language: Deutsch / Subtitle: Deutsch).
Another one in the language selection:
Instead of "Polieren" (to polish!) it should say "Polnisch" :-)
Post edited June 27, 2019 by Sir_Kill_A_Lot
gamesfreak64: Thanks for the quick reply, i know ... games dont use many resources yet my pc shows they do, so itehr my pc is showing high values while they should be low, i cant check that cause the PC is not a human. and pc cannot lie if i see x number i assume it is correct, anyway thats why i buy games very cheap nowadays to avoid asking a refund if the game doesnt perform , bought 9 games at steam ( summersale) at 7.99 euro, normally it would be 39 euros :D
now the games are less that 1 euro, so if one or more fry my cpu, i will just uninstall the games and hide them on the shelves.
Anyway i stopped buying games at listprice, and wait fot huge sales ... cause i dont want to bother anyone cause they all reply my PC should be able to run it, but i havent messed up my pc... although the replies i got in the past always suggested the pc can run it, so i must have done something to the pc making it unable to run :D
MarkoH01: Just FYI if you have a non ancient CPU (no offense intended here - my own CPU is pretty old being an i5-444) no game could ever "fry" your CPU. High CPU usage is nothing that has to be bad in general, depending on how powerful your CPU is it might be normal that the usage is pretty high - however whenever a CPU is getting too hot there are several built in security features in every "non ancient" CPU which will simply slow down your CPU or - if this does not help - power down the PC completely before anything is happening therefore preventing any damage. I am using PCs since they exist (my first one was an 8086 somewhere in the 80s) and not a single time a CPU burned through for me (I guess I had at least 8 or 9) even though those old CPUs were missing the mentioned security features. Today it is nearly impossible to destroy the CPU. Of course it is still up to you to not want the CPU to getting such an high usage at all so again - I just want to explain, inform and help and not critizise your behaviour in any way. :)
I know technically it cant fry the cpu but it comes close :D
thats why i set the max temp to 75 celcius, it will slow down then exit windows / and shutdown the pc cause i dont want to: burn my house and or ruin my pc...

Regarding the game i know the game can be played BUT ( this is a but in caps)
since its a paid for game ( i know it was 5 bucks at this sale) but as long as even 1 cent is paid, it is a paid for game and paid for games should not let us gamers find ways to run a game ...if i wanted to play around with old games for days and trying to get them to run, would not have joined GOG, steam and Gamersgate :D....
1.000's of sites with old do it yourself abandoned games exist ( even 100% virus fee aswell) BUT i dont want to fix games myself that is why i joined several digital online stores: to buy a game install and play....

Havent' had any fun past 2 years, with any game, had either to ask a refund what i dont want to, i joined to expand my library, at GOG Steam and GG ( gamersgate)( and 450 retail games on 200 cd's ( retail shop)

Seems steam client has changed it was bad but has turned out worse, many games i bought were playable without client seems they fixed something so the special text file steam_appid.txt wont work anymore ( a dev talked about it and it should work on several games but they dont work anylonger.

Steam released many patches, almost 2 or 3 times a day ... this is why i fear in a few years Galaxy will be needed, with client you can have so many nice stats, see how long which gamer plays what game... with who, nice statistics, many steam members really love Steam some even like the Galaxy client .
I like to play ofline ,no stats no ip tracking, just single player offline on my desktop .

Anyway i have a few online browsergame accounts , BUT thats a different ball game, i chose to join, and i know what they collect , steam had a client i knew that, gog had optional , but as it will become more popular it b will also become more common, sooner or later it will used by everyone.....
Compare it with a NO you want, , nowadsays NO will become a maybe and before you know its a big yes....
Post edited June 27, 2019 by gamesfreak64
gamesfreak64: I know technically it cant fry the cpu but it comes close :D
thats why i set the max temp to 75 celcius, it will slow down then exit windows / and shutdown the pc cause i dont want to: burn my house and or ruin my pc...
Understandable. Luckily newer CPUS seldom reach that kind of tempereature at all.

gamesfreak64: Regarding the game i know the game can be played BUT ( this is a but in caps)
since its a paid for game ( i know it was 5 bucks at this sale) but as long as even 1 cent is paid, it is a paid for game and paid for games should not let us gamers find ways to run a game ...if i wanted to play around with old games for days and trying to get them to run, would not have joined GOG, steam and Gamersgate :D....
1.000's of sites with old do it yourself abandoned games exist ( even 100% virus fee aswell) BUT i dont want to fix games myself that is why i joined several digital online stores: to buy a game install and play....
Well, you launch the game and click continue when the message appears. I would not call this a hassle. It is unnecessary that this message even appears (and maybe the devs will change this) but imo that's not a hassle at all.

gamesfreak64: Seems steam client has changed it was bad but has turned out worse, many games i bought were playable without client seems they fixed something so the special text file steam_appid.txt wont work anymore ( a dev talked about it and it should work on several games but they dont work anylonger.
The Steam client has nothing to do with the games you are talking about since those are DRM-free. It might have been that some GAMES have been updated so that the steam_appid trick won't work anymore for them but the client itself has nothing to do with this since you don't even need to have the client installed to run such games. Keep in mind that in such case you could always do a downgrade using the steam console.

gamesfreak64: Steam released many patches, almost 2 or 3 times a day ... this is why i fear in a few years Galaxy will be needed, with client you can have so many nice stats, see how long which gamer plays what game... with who, nice statistics, many steam members really love Steam some even like the Galaxy client .
I still doubt it - there are far too many GOGers here (and GOG is aware of them) who just want to have their offline installers and they want their games to be DRM-free as well since this is the thing that seperates GOG from steam and other stores. There's no reason for those to still buy on GOG especially since games on steam often are cheaper and regular and fast updates are guaranteed. If Galaxy would ever be mandatory it would harm GOG quite a bit.

gamesfreak64: I like to play ofline ,no stats no ip tracking, just single player offline on my desktop .
And you are not alone here on GOG :)
gamesfreak64: I know technically it cant fry the cpu but it comes close :D
MarkoH01: Understandable. Luckily newer CPUS seldom reach that kind of tempereature at all.

gamesfreak64: Regarding the game i know the game can be played BUT ( this is a but in caps)
MarkoH01: Well, you launch the game and click continue when the message appears. I would not call this a hassle. It is unnecessary that this message even appears (and maybe the devs will change this) but imo that's not a hassle at all.

gamesfreak64: Seems steam client has changed it was bad but has turned out worse, many games i bought were playable without client seems they fixed something so the special text file steam_appid.txt wont work anymore ( a dev talked about it and it should work on several games but they dont work anylonger.
MarkoH01: The Steam client has nothing to do with the games you are talking about since those are DRM-free. It might have been that some GAMES have been updated so that the steam_appid trick won't work anymore for them but the client itself has nothing to do with this since you don't even need to have the client installed to run such games. Keep in mind that in such case you could always do a downgrade using the steam console.

gamesfreak64: Steam released many patches, almost 2 or 3 times a day ... this is why i fear in a few years Galaxy will be needed, with client you can have so many nice stats, see how long which gamer plays what game... with who, nice statistics, many steam members really love Steam some even like the Galaxy client .
MarkoH01: I still doubt it - there are far too many GOGers here (and GOG is aware of them) who just want to have their offline installers and they want their games to be DRM-free as well since this is the thing that seperates GOG from steam and other stores. There's no reason for those to still buy on GOG especially since games on steam often are cheaper and regular and fast updates are guaranteed. If Galaxy would ever be mandatory it would harm GOG quite a bit.

gamesfreak64: I like to play ofline ,no stats no ip tracking, just single player offline on my desktop .
MarkoH01: And you are not alone here on GOG :)
thanks for the reply :D

i know i am not alone here on GOG...

i had many posts in as many forum in the past 20 years... i am a little forum 'beast' .... thing is every place has its use, let me explain: with GOG i know its DRM free so if something would change that would be schocking, cause once you get used to something changes are always bad :D

Steam is DRM hugging i also knew that before i joined thats why it would be great if everything would stick to what it is and stands for: steam = DRM and steam without it would not be Steam , same goes for GOG but the other way around: GOG is DRM free and a optional client, and thats the way it is best.

A forum is aplace with many members, and thats the way it is meant to be , thousands of different people with different backgrounds , origins, thats what makes a forum so cool, a chnace to discuss things with all kinds of people who all share one common thing we love; gaming, thats why i love forums :D

Btw i managed to get the ja2 game to run.... but i still have some 'CPU spikes'
i had compat set to XP, i set it at W98/ME and it runs, it has some spikes from
nvidia driver help and the audio thing ( forgot the name)

check attachment: driverhelper.png and w98se_me.png
Attachments:
w98se_me.png (22 Kb)
Gualbert:
Hey Gualbert,

just downloaded the newest update (Version 1.5.2) and now the game does not even start anymore. I can see the logo and then game goes back to desktop. I uninstalled game, deleted saves and config still unable to fix this. Tried offline installer and Galaxy nothing is working. Prior to the update the game was running.

Windows7/64 Bit - nVidia1060/6GB - i5
Post edited July 01, 2019 by MarkoH01
Gualbert:
MarkoH01: Hey Gualbert,

just downloaded the newest update (Version 1.5.2) and now the game does not even start anymore. I can see the logo and then game goes back to desktop. I uninstalled game, deleted saves and config still unable to fix this. Tried offline installer and Galaxy nothing is working. Prior to the update the game was running.

We didnt change anything relevant only the text was wrong in german, can you send to contact@casualbrothers.com the logs please,
they are in %appdata%/casualbrothers/3skulls/logs.txt
Post edited July 01, 2019 by Gualbert
MarkoH01: Hey Gualbert,

Gualbert: We didnt change anything relevant only the text was wrong in german, can you send to contact@casualbrothers.com the logs please,
I already did send you the logs. I also tried reinstalling every old version and - I absolutely have no idea why - they don't work anymore as well. However nothing crucial changed on my system between I last managed to run the game a few days ago. My anitivirus got updated and I installed two games. So I even uninstalled my antivirus and still the game crashes to desktop shortly after showing the logo. I will try to reinstall graphic drivers now since I really am completely confused right now. You might take a look at the logs but as far as I could see there's nothing in it that would help me :(

Edit:
I just managed to fix my problem - I had to reinstall a certain codec (don't ask me why this was not working anymore cause I don't know). So I was able to start the newest version. Congrats - the German subtitle being different from the audio is fixed. Thank you. I still have some things I am waiting/hoping for but I've sent you these in another mail. Most of those issues were already mentioned here in this thread.

Thank you once again. Getting a reply to a request so fast (at the same day) is something that I appreciate a lot and it shows that you really care about your customers and your game. I am sure you will iron out these small issues.
Post edited July 02, 2019 by MarkoH01
Gualbert: We didnt change anything relevant only the text was wrong in german, can you send to contact@casualbrothers.com the logs please,
MarkoH01: I already did send you the logs. I also tried reinstalling every old version and - I absolutely have no idea why - they don't work anymore as well. However nothing crucial changed on my system between I last managed to run the game a few days ago. My anitivirus got updated and I installed two games. So I even uninstalled my antivirus and still the game crashes to desktop shortly after showing the logo. I will try to reinstall graphic drivers now since I really am completely confused right now. You might take a look at the logs but as far as I could see there's nothing in it that would help me :(

Edit:
I just managed to fix my problem - I had to reinstall a certain codec (don't ask me why this was not working anymore cause I don't know). So I was able to start the newest version. Congrats - the German subtitle being different from the audio is fixed. Thank you. I still have some things I am waiting/hoping for but I've sent you these in another mail. Most of those issues were already mentioned here in this thread.

Thank you once again. Getting a reply to a request so fast (at the same day) is something that I appreciate a lot and it shows that you really care about your customers and your game. I am sure you will iron out these small issues.
We finally changed the mp3 system for ogg so you won't need to install the codecs anymore.
MarkoH01: I already did send you the logs. I also tried reinstalling every old version and - I absolutely have no idea why - they don't work anymore as well. However nothing crucial changed on my system between I last managed to run the game a few days ago. My anitivirus got updated and I installed two games. So I even uninstalled my antivirus and still the game crashes to desktop shortly after showing the logo. I will try to reinstall graphic drivers now since I really am completely confused right now. You might take a look at the logs but as far as I could see there's nothing in it that would help me :(

Edit:

Gualbert: We finally changed the mp3 system for ogg so you won't need to install the codecs anymore.
Great news. Thank you for telling me :)
Gualbert: We finally changed the mp3 system for ogg so you won't need to install the codecs anymore.
Hi, do you have any progress on the 4:3 mode?
high rated
SirPrimalform: Hi, do you have any progress on the 4:3 mode?
Hi SirPrimalfrom, we uploaded a new version 1.6.0 that fix all the aspect ratio issues, but there is a new option called "Game Aspect" and you can choise 4:3 or 16:10, the reason for that is that, when we release the game in 1996 the real resolution of the game was 640x400 that is 16:10, but almost none of the screen of this age can manage the proper aspect ratio in fullscreen, so the game was outstretched to fix in fullscreen but the real aspect ratio was 16:10.

So if you want to play as the original outstretched select the option 4:3, but if you want to play as we designed it, select the option 16:10.

Finally there is a option called "Screen Aspect" and this should be in auto and the game calculate the proper aspect ratio using the resolution, but if you want to select it manualy, select the aspect ratio of your screen.

Enjoy!
Gualbert: Enjoy!
I did, and therefore my question: Is there a chance that we will see the sequels here as well? :)
Gualbert: Hi SirPrimalfrom, we uploaded a new version 1.6.0 that fix all the aspect ratio issues, but there is a new option called "Game Aspect" and you can choise 4:3 or 16:10, the reason for that is that, when we release the game in 1996 the real resolution of the game was 640x400 that is 16:10, but almost none of the screen of this age can manage the proper aspect ratio in fullscreen, so the game was outstretched to fix in fullscreen but the real aspect ratio was 16:10.

So if you want to play as the original outstretched select the option 4:3, but if you want to play as we designed it, select the option 16:10.

Finally there is a option called "Screen Aspect" and this should be in auto and the game calculate the proper aspect ratio using the resolution, but if you want to select it manualy, select the aspect ratio of your screen.

Enjoy!
Thank you, I'll test it out ASAP! I really appreciate you taking the time to post too.
Wow, I just tested it and wanted to say thanks again!

This has to be the most thorough implementation of aspect ratio options I've ever seen!

Individual settings for the art aspect ratio and the target screen aspect ratio as well as the resolution settings, you can basically account for any combination with that.
I really like how it's possible to set the art to 4:3 but set the display aspect ratio to a wide screen. In effect you've just added widescreen support!

Thank you again!
Post edited August 06, 2019 by SirPrimalform
Pygmalion_4678: I did, and therefore my question: Is there a chance that we will see the sequels here as well? :)
Hi Pygmalion_4678,
This is our intention publishing the sequel as well, but is not our decision, when GOG give us the permission, we will publishing it.
Thanks