It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

F-16 Fighting Falcon

<span class="bold">Falcon Collection</span>, a retro flight sim anthology, is available now, DRM-free on GOG.com - with a 40% launch discount on the Weekend Promo: Retro Mishmash.

Falcon was a game changer. Realism was the name of the game, and Falcon did things that have never been done before. Realistic simulated physics, a detailed, first-person cockpit view, and a ridiculous manual. Starting from Falcon in 1987, through Falcon A.T. and Falcon 3.0 - each release brought us closer to the very real flight experience.
Among the games' goodies, you'll also find a bonus as-is copy of Falcon 4.0, but also the "Art of the Kill" instructional video & PDF - a very real lesson, by a very real F-16 pilot, on how to tame the supersonic arsenal. Simulation mechanics are one thing, the spirit of flight is another - and the foreword says it all:
"Art of the Kill has been designed to teach you the fundamentals of Basic Fighter Maneuvers (BFM). As the name implies, BFM is the cornerstone of tactical fighter aviation. Since its principles are rooted in the laws of physics, geometry and aerodynamics, they are non-negotiable and cannot be finessed."
Badass.

Take to the skies in the extremely realistic <span class="bold">Falcon Collection</span> now available, DRM-free on GOG.com.
jamyskis: Funnily enough, my version of Falcon 4.0 came from a French two-euro shop and was nothing more than the CD in a jewel case - the manual came in a huge PDF file on-disc.
At least you bought it for 2 euros (I guess)! The truth is, the manual should be printed as it is quite difficult to read it on screen. But being on .pdf has it own merits like you can search about anything in seconds! Anyway, for BMS the original 4.0 is dated. A new one is supplied plus some others about each weapons system.
I need to make an account there?
Came hear looking for why Falcon 4.0 was a goodie only. Understand now ;)

But (and I guessing this won't happen as it's potentially the only game) it would be nice to be able to add the game to
the GOG galaxy client manually. Somewhat like how you can add non steam games to the Steam client.

I only mention this as I'm an avid fan of GOG Galaxy.

;)
Seems so. I hate having to make yet another account that could be hacked, not to mention for a site I don't know.
Post edited October 23, 2015 by haydenaurion
Crosmando: I need to make an account there?
Yep, and make sure you say a hello to the community so as your account won't be deleted after some time. ;)
Is Hornet included in Falcon Gold? The product page description doesn't mention it, but my boxed copy of Falcon Gold includes it.

Either way, glad to see this come to GOG. Next up - Gunship 2000?
Vythonaut: Yep, and make sure you say a hello to the community so as your account won't be deleted after some time. ;)
I think I'll just take the installers and host them on mediafire for GOGers, just to piss them off
Lowe0: Is Hornet included in Falcon Gold? The product page description doesn't mention it, but my boxed copy of Falcon Gold includes it.

Either way, glad to see this come to GOG. Next up - Gunship 2000?
Yes, Hornet's included.
Vythonaut: Yep, and make sure you say a hello to the community so as your account won't be deleted after some time. ;)
Crosmando: I think I'll just take the installers and host them on mediafire for GOGers, just to piss them off
This isn't the wisest decision..
Falcon 4.0 is mentioned as being compatible with nGlide - http://www.zeus-software.com/downloads/nglide/compatibility - but I guess the BMS work renders any need for an emulator moot? (unless GOG could have added an optional emulated version that doesn't need any "outside" patches/work to at least run, despite being inferior to the community-made stuff)
Is the site secure? Have you guys had any major hacks or attacks? That's my main concern.
haydenaurion: Is the site secure? Have you guys had any major hacks or attacks? That's my main concern.
I haven't got hacked in any forum account I currently have. Well, I can't see why is it so much of a concern (it's just a forum where I guess you won't participate a lot, if any!) since it isn't needed to provide any personal information other than you email.

And I recognise the trouble to sign in a forum just to download some files, but that's the way it is! :P
haydenaurion: Is the site secure? Have you guys had any major hacks or attacks? That's my main concern.
Vythonaut: I haven't got hacked in any forum account I currently have. Well, I can't see why is it so much of a concern (it's just a forum where I guess you won't participate a lot, if any!) since it isn't needed to provide any personal information other than you email.

And I recognise the trouble to sign in a forum just to download some files, but that's the way it is! :P
Just want to be sure as I take my security seriously and I don't know that site's history compared to other more well known sites. Much thanks. :)

I'm generally not very social and more of a lurker, it's only in recent years i've gotten comfortable posting here on gog, lol.
Post edited October 23, 2015 by haydenaurion
Look, if we're going to be throwing out wishlist links for 80s tank sims in a flight sim release thread, then I'm not going to refrain from throwing out a wishlist link for an 80s naval sim.

Vote Strike Fleet! :)
budejovice: Look, if we're going to be throwing out wishlist links for 80s tank sims in a flight sim release thread, then I'm not going to refrain from throwing out a wishlist link for an 80s naval sim.

Vote Strike Fleet! :)
No PHM Pegasus?