It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The most entertaining way to destroy a friendship.

Double Dragon Trilogy , a grand return of the co-op beat 'em up that revolutionised arcade gaming in one swift kick, is right here on GOG.com - DRM-free, with an online two-player cooperative mode via GOG Galaxy, and 20% off for the first week!

Way back when Double Dragon first came to arcade cabinets, beat 'em ups were still in their infancy. Double Dragon pioneered the most fun way to destroy friendships with its revolutionary co-op campaign and equippable weapons, shaking up the genre and spawning two equally awesome sequels.

The Double Dragon Trilogy includes all three original arcade games, ready to fight on modern systems:
Double Dragon
Double Dragon 2: The Revenge
Double Dragon 3: The Rosetta Stone

If you've been following our various shenanigans, you'll get why we're so excited to have Double Dragon Trilogy join the ranks of Alien vs. Predator Classic 2000 and The Witcher Adventure Game: it's the third multiplayer title to be powered by GOG Galaxy! Thanks to the cross-play feature of GOG Galaxy, GOG.com gamers are now able to double up for a beat down with their Steam friends and frenemies.

We're celebrating with a special event - a true test of resolve, skill, and strength: The Double Dragon Speedrun Contest. Check out all the contest details, then show us what you've got!

May your fists strike double-fast with the Double Dragon Trilogy, with an online two-player co-op via GOG Galaxy, and DRM-Free on GOG.com! The special -20% release discount will last for one week, until Thursday, January 22 at 4:59 GMT.
Post edited January 15, 2015 by Konrad
gamesfreak64: AMIGA: Sword of Sodan (big sprites called BOB(BlitterObjects which was a thing for AMIGA only)
CrowTRobo: Sword of Sodan, hadn't thought of that game for years. I had no idea it was originally an Amiga game. I played it on the Sega Genesis. I remember renting the game simply because of how violent it looked (chopping of heads, etc - something fairly new for a console game back then). The gameplay absolutely sucked.

I wonder what made DotEmu use different HUD graphics for at least one of the games. It is weird looking. Yet it looks like the original HUD is used for one of the games based on the screenshots (I can't tell which screenshots are for which games).

Really tempted to get this even though I am trying to abstain from buying any more games until I start playing the ones I have.
lol, that gameplay sucked indeed, but it was fun...

about DD and the stories:

Double Dragon and the rosetta stone there plenty info to be found by googling.

I think that was also a game about the brothers, and there was a movie (have it on dvd) with
Alyssa Milano in it. Got bad reviews but i liked the movie and bought the dvd.

In post-apocalyptic California, brothers Billy Lee (Scott Wolf) and Jimmy (Mark Decascos) are highly trained martial artists living in the ravaged city of New Angeles. The pair have been trained by Satori (Julia Nickson), who took them in after their parents died. When Satori finds herself pursued by evil overlord Koga Shuko (Robert Patrick), who's intent on possessing her mystical dragon medallion, the siblings are charged with protecting it from Shuko and his henchmen.
Initial release: November 4, 1994 (USA)
Director: James Yukich
Running time: 97 minutes
Initial DVD release: November 14, 2001 (Russia)
Screenplay: Peter Gould, Michael Davis
i call dibs on bimmy lee
ReynardFox: "Three legendary arcade beat em up"

I think you mean two legendary beat em ups and one outsourced piece of shit.

Can anyone please tell me if you can play these with the original HUD graphics or are you forced to use the crass new ones?

Also, is this one also infested with the same user-has-no-control beta Galaxy client as AVP?
YES it is. In case no-one has responded to your question.

Is this going to start to be a f**king trend at GOG? Sorry, I love GOG, but this feels just like Steam.
Soccorro: Mutation Nation? Metal slug? What about those!?
cw8: Yeah, Metal Slug too. I already got my Nintendo old flame beat-em-up(Double Dragon). Now to slowly progress to the Sega and SNES games, then to the arcades :D
You'd first need to convince Sega and SNK to get onboard for the likes of Streets of Rage and Metal Slug.
djdarko: YES it is. In case no-one has responded to your question.

Is this going to start to be a f**king trend at GOG? Sorry, I love GOG, but this feels just like Steam.
Someone mentioned it elsewhere but ty, I won't be buying this anymore. Not until they fix this mess.
Post edited January 18, 2015 by ReynardFox
ReynardFox: "Three legendary arcade beat em up"

I think you mean two legendary beat em ups and one outsourced piece of shit.

Can anyone please tell me if you can play these with the original HUD graphics or are you forced to use the crass new ones?

Also, is this one also infested with the same user-has-no-control beta Galaxy client as AVP?

Hey as long as they do it "better" than Steam, I'm fine with more functionality.
cw8: Yeah, Metal Slug too. I already got my Nintendo old flame beat-em-up(Double Dragon). Now to slowly progress to the Sega and SNES games, then to the arcades :D
ReynardFox: You'd first need to convince Sega and SNK to get onboard for the likes of Streets of Rage and Metal Slug.

ReynardFox: Someone mentioned it elsewhere but ty, I won't be buying this anymore. Not until they fix this mess.
About "this mess" so to speak, does anybody have any feedback regarding the benefits of it?
Aka, the only reason one should try an unfinished product NOW is if one doesn't care about the unfinished parts (not interested in that "I only Single Player anyways" opinion this time) Or one accept them not being complete but wants to try them anyway - So how is the Multiplayer handled and how is Cross Play with Steam working atm?
ReynardFox: You'd first need to convince Sega and SNK to get onboard for the likes of Streets of Rage and Metal Slug.

Someone mentioned it elsewhere but ty, I won't be buying this anymore. Not until they fix this mess.
BlackThorny: About "this mess" so to speak, does anybody have any feedback regarding the benefits of it?
Aka, the only reason one should try an unfinished product NOW is if one doesn't care about the unfinished parts (not interested in that "I only Single Player anyways" opinion this time) Or one accept them not being complete but wants to try them anyway - So how is the Multiplayer handled and how is Cross Play with Steam working atm?
Far as I know:
The Galaxy client being unfinished does not impact this game as it's not included.
Only the Multiplayer service part of the client is included.
It works cross multiplayer with the Steam version, couldn't tell you how as I don't own the game.
Too bad there is no linux version, and it doesn't seem to run under wine. I'll skip it.
Post edited January 19, 2015 by igrok
Has anyone tried the crossplay function? None of my Steam friends have DD. The mulitplayer looks pretty empty right now too. :-(