It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Death rides again.

<span class="bold">Darksiders II - Deathinitive Edition</span>, a refined re-release of a fine hack'n'slash, is available now, DRM-free on GOG.com with a 20% discount, 80% loyalty deal, or even completely free for owners of the full series!

War. War has come. War beyond our control. War we cannot stop.
The four horsemen of the apocalypse have descended upon the Earth.
In Darksiders II you are Death, and your brother, War, has been dragged into an all-out battle on the face of the earth. Now, you're here to pick up the pieces and fix everything that went wrong. You'll mess stuff up on the way. Darksiders II - Deathinitive Edition brings the bloody and brutal gameplay into the current generation - among other improvements, the game looks better than ever with a completely new lighting engine and high-res textures. Death has never looked better than now.

Included in the package is also all the DLC released for the game, now scattered across the full story for a more organic and balanced experience.

Alongside the Deathinitive premiere, introducing the Nordic Franchise Loyalty Program (or plain ol' NFLP) for Darksiders - straight from the source:
• Tier 1: everybody owning Darksiders, Darksiders II, and the DLC pack on gog.com up until the release of Darksiders II Deathinitive Edition on November 5th 2015, will get the Darksiders II Deathinitive Edition for free (i.e. freebie, gratuit, gratuito, kostenlos, gratuito) - the game will be added to eligible account automatically.
• Tier 2: everybody owning Darksiders II from gog.com up until the release of Darksiders II Deathinitive Edition on November 5th 2015 will get an 80% discount during the first release week - you can find your discount code under Darksiders II in your game library.
• Tier 3: For all non-owners there will be a release discount of 20% in place for one week after release.

Ride the all-new lighting in <span class="bold">Darksiders II - Deathinitive Edition</span>, available now, DRM-free on GOG.com. The 20% launch discount will last for one week, until November 12, 5:59 PM GMT.
turbosnake: This offer is better, the offer on steam is not good at all.
I am not 100% sure if am own all DLC at steam, but I tihnk so, but still I have to pay 6€ to get this Edition.
Do not know why early buyers a treated bad and all that payed close to nothing will get this for free.
I owned both games and all DLC (courtesy of a Humble Bundle, I'm sure) and I received the upgrade for free on Steam, just like I did on GOG...

Edit: Actually, I didn't get it from a Humble Bundle. I bought the Franchise Pack during a Steam sale last year...
Post edited November 06, 2015 by yyahoo
ThomNG: Stay tuned!
We're not going anywhere. :)
Treasure: Ah... I had seen as much when trying to search for the term darksiders before, but just wasn't certain. Hopefully Magog will have the system requirements preserved, as I feel pretty certain that these are now bumped up, and I might not be able to play it on my pc if I were to buy it in the future because of those. Anyways, I'll see what I'll do about this - after the 2 practically non-existing entries (hopefully) disappear from my wishlist, I might not re-add the deathinitive edition back and just stick with Darksiders 1....
Darksiders 2 Requirements:

Minimum system requirements - Windows: Windows XP / Vista / 7 / 8 / 10, Processor: 2.0Ghz Intel Core2 Duo Processor or AMD equivalent, Memory: 2GB, Graphics: NVIDIA 9800 GT 512 MB Video Card or AMD equivalent, Hard Drive: 20 GB space free (10 GB free after install).

Recommended system requirements - Windows: Windows 7 / 8 / 10, Processor: Any Quad-core AMD or Intel Processor, Memory: 2GB, Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 512MB Video Card or AMD equivalent, Hard Drive: 20 GB space free (10 GB free after install).

Darksiders II Deathinitive Edition Requirements:

Minimum system requirements - Windows: XP / Vista / 7 / 8 / 10 (64bit)
Processor: 2.0Ghz Intel® Core™2 Duo Processor or AMD equivalent (any Quad-core AMD or Intel Processor recommended)
Memory: 4 GB (8 GB recommended)
Graphics: NVIDIA 9800 GT 512 MB Video Card or AMD equivalent (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 512MB Video Card or AMD equivalent recommended)
DirectX: 9.0c
Hard Drive: 20 GB space free (10 GB free after install)

Requirements look the same, aside from a hefty bump in the RAM area.
Post edited November 05, 2015 by Grargar
Grargar: Darksiders II Deathinitive Edition Requirements:

Minimum system requirements - Windows: XP / Vista / 7 / 8 / 10 (64bit)
Processor: 2.0Ghz Intel® Core™2 Duo Processor or AMD equivalent (any Quad-core AMD or Intel Processor recommended)
Graphics: NVIDIA 9800 GT 512 MB Video Card or AMD equivalent (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 512MB Video Card or AMD equivalent recommended)
Hard Drive: 20 GB space free (10 GB free after install)

Considering the full download of the new game is over 14 GB, I question whether that HD space requirement is completely accurate...
high rated
turbosnake: This offer is better, the offer on steam is not good at all.
(I am not 100% sure if am own all DLC at steam, but I tihnk so, but still I have to pay 6€ to get this Edition.)
Forget this, but this is still bad for all how does own this.
Do not know why early buyers are treated bad and all that payed close to nothing will get this for free.
This have been explained many many times on Steam :) we had some technical limitations there but we anyways wanted to give away the free copy so we chose the Franchise pack owners (as we needed to direct the free copy to just one SKU, so it was not possible to say "anyone who have bought DS II + ALL DLCs etc. will get the free copy) to get this free version. 80 % for all the rest was also done due to that fact. A really high discount for all of the other buyers - there was the only option we were told, so we had to go that way.
Grargar: Darksiders 2 Requirements:

Minimum system requirements - Windows: Windows XP / Vista / 7 / 8 / 10, Processor: 2.0Ghz Intel Core2 Duo Processor or AMD equivalent, Memory: 2GB, Graphics: NVIDIA 9800 GT 512 MB Video Card or AMD equivalent, Hard Drive: 20 GB space free (10 GB free after install).

Recommended system requirements - Windows: Windows 7 / 8 / 10, Processor: Any Quad-core AMD or Intel Processor, Memory: 2GB, Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 512MB Video Card or AMD equivalent, Hard Drive: 20 GB space free (10 GB free after install).

Darksiders II Deathinitive Edition Requirements:

[i]Minimum system requirements - Windows: XP / Vista / 7 / 8 / 10 (64bit)
Hard Drive: 20 GB space free (10 GB free after install)[/i]

Thanks for putting them both in one place. I did compare myself a few moments ago the magog recording with the store page and that's the only change I noticed as well. Still however, the ram on my current pc is 4 GBs on paper, and I also feel less certain about the quality of its graphic card, as I couldn't play Shantae beyond the first scene and asked for a refund. So since I have already bought the 1st Darksiders (in that exact same promo where all those gifting restrictions -now (mostly) lifted- were first implemented) I'll use this as an indicative of how my pc would fare with those system requirements and whether I'd like the series enough anyways, and will thus not put the deathinitive version on my wishlist - the recently-removed old version of Darksiders 2 has by now left my wishlist...
CaptDiablo: There's no Serial Keys option.

What am I missing here? Is it because it was a gift and didn't actually purchase it on GOG?
Same here. I bought Darksiders when it was released here and got Darksiders 2 (base game) as a gift. Only 20% discount for me. Is it really how it is supposed to work? Or do you need Darksiders 2 + DLCs to get the 80% discount?
Got my free copy added as well! Thank you!
Nice gift, thanks GOG and Nordic.
CaptDiablo: There's no Serial Keys option.

What am I missing here? Is it because it was a gift and didn't actually purchase it on GOG?
PaterAlf: Same here. I bought Darksiders when it was released here and got Darksiders 2 (base game) as a gift. Only 20% discount for me. Is it really how it is supposed to work? Or do you need Darksiders 2 + DLCs to get the 80% discount?
That's great, so gifted copies of the game are excluded from the discount?? Where the heck does it say that? This somehow makes me really sad :(
yyahoo: Considering the full download of the new game is over 14 GB, I question whether that HD space requirement is completely accurate...
Steam says 13 GB, so I wouldn't call it a stretch. Also, don't forget that the installer is multi-lingual (with German audio as well).
Post edited November 05, 2015 by Grargar
yyahoo: Considering the full download of the new game is over 14 GB, I question whether that HD space requirement is completely accurate...
Grargar: Steam says 13 GB, so I wouldn't call it a stretch. Also, don't forget that the installer is multi-lingual (with German audio as well).
Good point. I might have to test it out tonight when I get home...
yyahoo: Hmm, so the original DS II was removed from the catalog for this upgrade/remaster. So, do new purchasers of the DS II remaster still receive the old version and its extras (like the recent Pathologic upgrade) or is it the much less preferable method of making the old version completely unavailable to new buyers (like the recent Divinity OS remaster)?
I'd like to ask about that too.

I'd really like to be able to download both versions of the game.
Does the GOG version have the save game crash issue that the Steam version seems to have?
Source: http://steamcommunity.com/app/388410/discussions/0/496880503063342544/
Got my free copy. Thanks very much to Nordic and GOG.