It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Death rides again.

<span class="bold">Darksiders II - Deathinitive Edition</span>, a refined re-release of a fine hack'n'slash, is available now, DRM-free on GOG.com with a 20% discount, 80% loyalty deal, or even completely free for owners of the full series!

War. War has come. War beyond our control. War we cannot stop.
The four horsemen of the apocalypse have descended upon the Earth.
In Darksiders II you are Death, and your brother, War, has been dragged into an all-out battle on the face of the earth. Now, you're here to pick up the pieces and fix everything that went wrong. You'll mess stuff up on the way. Darksiders II - Deathinitive Edition brings the bloody and brutal gameplay into the current generation - among other improvements, the game looks better than ever with a completely new lighting engine and high-res textures. Death has never looked better than now.

Included in the package is also all the DLC released for the game, now scattered across the full story for a more organic and balanced experience.

Alongside the Deathinitive premiere, introducing the Nordic Franchise Loyalty Program (or plain ol' NFLP) for Darksiders - straight from the source:
• Tier 1: everybody owning Darksiders, Darksiders II, and the DLC pack on gog.com up until the release of Darksiders II Deathinitive Edition on November 5th 2015, will get the Darksiders II Deathinitive Edition for free (i.e. freebie, gratuit, gratuito, kostenlos, gratuito) - the game will be added to eligible account automatically.
• Tier 2: everybody owning Darksiders II from gog.com up until the release of Darksiders II Deathinitive Edition on November 5th 2015 will get an 80% discount during the first release week - you can find your discount code under Darksiders II in your game library.
• Tier 3: For all non-owners there will be a release discount of 20% in place for one week after release.

Ride the all-new lighting in <span class="bold">Darksiders II - Deathinitive Edition</span>, available now, DRM-free on GOG.com. The 20% launch discount will last for one week, until November 12, 5:59 PM GMT.
Treasure: A question from a non-owner : I had darksiders 2 and its dlc on my wishlist, but now they're marked as TBA and when I try to remove them from the wishlist I cannot-I click and nothing happens. So what will happen with the previous versions? Are they counted as games removed from the store or the ability for someone to buy the previous version if he chooses to remains? I bet it's the first one, but I can't be sure...
Darksiders 2 and its DLC have been removed from the store.
This might be a really silly question, but can anyone tell me where the discount code supposed to be exactly? I only own Darksiders 2, no DLCs, and there's absolutely no code under it in my library, I can only install it and configure it, the usual stuff, where exactly is the code supposed to be?
CaptDiablo: This might be a really silly question, but can anyone tell me where the discount code supposed to be exactly? I only own Darksiders 2, no DLCs, and there's absolutely no code under it in my library, I can only install it and configure it, the usual stuff, where exactly is the code supposed to be?
Try clicking Darksiders 2 box and selecting "Serial Keys"? Maybe?
NuffCatnip: One serious question, when did this trend start for developers to remaster their game ?
Im neither against nor for this practice, just want to know who started this.
JMich: When a new console came out. I think there were a few remasters for PS3/XBox360 as well, but never cared about consoles.
Oh right, I forgot about those (MGS, DMC, God of War). ^^
high rated
Dear GOG community,

hope you like the release and the great loyalty program (free copy for everyone owning all 3 old SKUs of Darksiders: Darksiders, Darksiders II and Darksiders II DLC bundle; 80 % discount for all Darksiders II owners and a 20 % release discount for all newbies on the franchise :) ) we have in place.

Enjoy the game!
Stay tuned!
Cheers
Your Nordic Games Team
NuffCatnip: One serious question, when did this trend start for developers to remaster their game ?
I'm going to say it truly began when development costs of the "next gen" consoles started to get the best of developers and they discovered it's cheaper and easier to remaster their best selling games, and when people ate them up a trend was set.
CaptDiablo: This might be a really silly question, but can anyone tell me where the discount code supposed to be exactly? I only own Darksiders 2, no DLCs, and there's absolutely no code under it in my library, I can only install it and configure it, the usual stuff, where exactly is the code supposed to be?
Grargar: Try clicking Darksiders 2 box and selecting "Serial Keys"? Maybe?
There's no Serial Keys option.

What am I missing here? Is it because it was a gift and didn't actually purchase it on GOG?
CaptDiablo: There's no Serial Keys option.

What am I missing here? Is it because it was a gift and didn't actually purchase it on GOG?
Well, you might try contacting support about this, then.
Hmm, so the original DS II was removed from the catalog for this upgrade/remaster. So, do new purchasers of the DS II remaster still receive the old version and its extras (like the recent Pathologic upgrade) or is it the much less preferable method of making the old version completely unavailable to new buyers (like the recent Divinity OS remaster)?
Post edited November 05, 2015 by yyahoo
Grargar: Try clicking Darksiders 2 box and selecting "Serial Keys"? Maybe?
CaptDiablo: There's no Serial Keys option.

Do try an account refresh and see if it fixes it before contacting support.
ReynardFox: I'm going to say it truly began when development costs of the "next gen" consoles started to get the best of developers and they discovered it's cheaper and easier to remaster their best selling games, and when people ate them up a trend was set.
Yeah, which is pretty sad. I mean ,yeah, you can play a game you love again, this time with new gimmicks etc. But because of that youll have to wait longer for a sequel. :/

Im not gonna name why this is good or why this is bad, tried to do that on Steam...it all went down to hell. xD
Treasure: A question from a non-owner : I had darksiders 2 and its dlc on my wishlist, but now they're marked as TBA and when I try to remove them from the wishlist I cannot-I click and nothing happens. So what will happen with the previous versions? Are they counted as games removed from the store or the ability for someone to buy the previous version if he chooses to remains? I bet it's the first one, but I can't be sure...
Grargar: Darksiders 2 and its DLC have been removed from the store.
Ah... I had seen as much when trying to search for the term darksiders before, but just wasn't certain. Hopefully Magog will have the system requirements preserved, as I feel pretty certain that these are now bumped up, and I might not be able to play it on my pc if I were to buy it in the future because of those. Anyways, I'll see what I'll do about this - after the 2 practically non-existing entries (hopefully) disappear from my wishlist, I might not re-add the deathinitive edition back and just stick with Darksiders 1....
It probably depends on how you define a remaster (e.g. consider games that are better on Amiga than on DOS or whatever), but I should think it's at least as old as Super Mario All-Stars.
ThomNG: Dear GOG community,
hope you like the release and the great loyalty program (free copy for everyone owning all 3 old SKUs of Darksiders: Darksiders, Darksiders II and Darksiders II DLC bundle; 80 % discount for all Darksiders II owners and a 20 % release discount for all newbies on the franchise :) ) we have in place.

Enjoy the game!
Stay tuned!
Cheers
Your Nordic Games Team
This offer is better, the offer on steam is not good at all.
(I am not 100% sure if am own all DLC at steam, but I tihnk so, but still I have to pay 6€ to get this Edition.)
Forget this, but this is still bad for all how does own this.
Do not know why early buyers are treated bad and all that payed close to nothing will get this for free.
Post edited November 05, 2015 by turbosnake
Many thanks GOG and Nordic.