It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Death rides again.

<span class="bold">Darksiders II - Deathinitive Edition</span>, a refined re-release of a fine hack'n'slash, is available now, DRM-free on GOG.com with a 20% discount, 80% loyalty deal, or even completely free for owners of the full series!

War. War has come. War beyond our control. War we cannot stop.
The four horsemen of the apocalypse have descended upon the Earth.
In Darksiders II you are Death, and your brother, War, has been dragged into an all-out battle on the face of the earth. Now, you're here to pick up the pieces and fix everything that went wrong. You'll mess stuff up on the way. Darksiders II - Deathinitive Edition brings the bloody and brutal gameplay into the current generation - among other improvements, the game looks better than ever with a completely new lighting engine and high-res textures. Death has never looked better than now.

Included in the package is also all the DLC released for the game, now scattered across the full story for a more organic and balanced experience.

Alongside the Deathinitive premiere, introducing the Nordic Franchise Loyalty Program (or plain ol' NFLP) for Darksiders - straight from the source:
• Tier 1: everybody owning Darksiders, Darksiders II, and the DLC pack on gog.com up until the release of Darksiders II Deathinitive Edition on November 5th 2015, will get the Darksiders II Deathinitive Edition for free (i.e. freebie, gratuit, gratuito, kostenlos, gratuito) - the game will be added to eligible account automatically.
• Tier 2: everybody owning Darksiders II from gog.com up until the release of Darksiders II Deathinitive Edition on November 5th 2015 will get an 80% discount during the first release week - you can find your discount code under Darksiders II in your game library.
• Tier 3: For all non-owners there will be a release discount of 20% in place for one week after release.

Ride the all-new lighting in <span class="bold">Darksiders II - Deathinitive Edition</span>, available now, DRM-free on GOG.com. The 20% launch discount will last for one week, until November 12, 5:59 PM GMT.
CharlesGrey: Off topic ( sort of ), but what's up with Death's design? The flowing black emo hair, the human eyes, the weird skull (-mask)? He doesn't look like a Horseman of the Apocalypse, but more like some sort of rejected Slipknot band member. At best he's a poor rip-off of Legacy of Kain's Raziel. ( And the latter actually looked scarier and more original. ) What gives?
What would you prefer he look like? Classic black robes? Armor? Less hulking warrior, more sinister mage?

I actually like the flowing black hair and skull mask, but the body is sort of meh. Too cartoonish.

He reminds me somewhat of Ripclaw (from the Cyber Force comic).

A bit of goofy fun:

http://scarecrowsmainfan.deviantart.com/art/Death-Supernatural-vs-Death-Darksiders-329955298
Zoidberg: Thanks for that blatantly egoistical response but sometimes, jsut sometimes, it's itneresting to look at the bigger picture.
P1na: You're welcome.

I mean, you do know that owning the main game and the DLCs does not get you the game for free on Steam, right?
How should I know?!

Besides, now I'm sure I reacted correctly. When a publisher/dev does that kind of thing, they have to do it the same way on each storefront, at least if they don't want to be stared down for suspicious commercial behavior.

Anyway, the first episode was OK and the second pretty meh, so I'm personally fine, although I'm always suspicious for that kind of things (but I wish more people in the public were, meh, I guess they'd rather low rate my posts than think about it for a bit :D).
P1na: You're welcome.

I mean, you do know that owning the main game and the DLCs does not get you the game for free on Steam, right?
Zoidberg: How should I know?!

Besides, now I'm sure I reacted correctly. When a publisher/dev does that kind of thing, they have to do it the same way on each storefront, at least if they don't want to be stared down for suspicious commercial behavior.

Anyway, the first episode was OK and the second pretty meh, so I'm personally fine, although I'm always suspicious for that kind of things (but I wish more people in the public were, meh, I guess they'd rather low rate my posts than think about it for a bit :D).
I actually agree with Zoidberg here, I don't know for sure, but if you have both games and all the DLC, you should get this for free, if you got them as a DLC pack / season pass or got them 6 months apart, you still got them all.

That is what the issue is, the steam one has a weird "you didn't buy the DLC this way, so no free upgrade for you" setup (from what I'm reading)
Post edited November 06, 2015 by Zergoss
ThomNG: This have been explained many many times on Steam :) we had some technical limitations there but we anyways wanted to give away the free copy so we chose the Franchise pack owners (as we needed to direct the free copy to just one SKU, so it was not possible to say "anyone who have bought DS II + ALL DLCs etc. will get the free copy) to get this free version. 80 % for all the rest was also done due to that fact. A really high discount for all of the other buyers - there was the only option we were told, so we had to go that way.
Rincewind81: And it had been corrected many times but you ignored it completely. Why did you not chose to use the Season Pass as SKU?
Who was it possible, that the Upgrade offer for Dark Souls 2 was able to detect the DLC and offer a special upgrade tier?
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-03-30-dark-souls-2-scholar-of-the-first-sins-pc-upgrade-priced

Yeah - a free "loyality" upgrade offer for some users is nice, but I bought the games and the DLCs at release and full price and have to pay 6€ - I'm feeling very "loyal" now. I will keep this in mind for your future releases...
What you should keep in mind is as follows:
Valve doesn't care about his customers, neither buyers nor developers who suffer from bad PR because of Valves ignorance. You can only blame NG for their naiveté that they didnt see this reaction coming. But the one guilty of not giving a *** here is Valve.
NG now offer to give free copys for people who send them screenshots of their steam licence site. So there is that.
CharlesGrey: Off topic ( sort of ), but what's up with Death's design? The flowing black emo hair, the human eyes, the weird skull (-mask)? He doesn't look like a Horseman of the Apocalypse, but more like some sort of rejected Slipknot band member. At best he's a poor rip-off of Legacy of Kain's Raziel. ( And the latter actually looked scarier and more original. ) What gives?
SeduceMePlz: What would you prefer he look like? Classic black robes? Armor? Less hulking warrior, more sinister mage?

I actually like the flowing black hair and skull mask, but the body is sort of meh. Too cartoonish.

A bit of goofy fun:

http://scarecrowsmainfan.deviantart.com/art/Death-Supernatural-vs-Death-Darksiders-329955298
Personally, I'm all for the look of Death from DC's Sandman comics. Probably doesn't suit the aesthetic of Darksiders, though. ^_^
Post edited November 06, 2015 by zlep
SeduceMePlz: What would you prefer he look like? Classic black robes? Armor? Less hulking warrior, more sinister mage?

A bit of goofy fun:

Perhaps the mere idea of turning Death into a video game character, and a Hack&Slash game at that, by default means that the result is going to be somewhat goofy, and very different from the mythological/religious source material. The genre arguably works better for "War".

What's up with the mask anyway? Is his true face ever revealed? Does he look scarier, or just like a more or less ordinary human underneath it?

Part of the problem is that most of these games, in particular Western AAA games, are designed with a male target audience somewhere in the teens or early twenties. As a result, most of the characters look alike, and they frequently have that Western/US comic book look. Specifically, why do so many game characters look like Schwarzenegger on steroids? I was really weirded out when I played Batman: Arkham Asylum for the first time, and Batman was this bizarre muscle freak... Oh yeah, and so was pretty much every other character in the game. ( When traditionally, Batman is mostly known for his gadgets and sharp mind, not his brawn. ) What's up with that?

You reacted correctly when you didn't like the different discount, or when you called me egotitiscal and unable/unwilling to look at the bigger picture?

You know what, never mind. Joke fell flat, I'll move on.
zlep: Personally, I'm all for the look of Death from DC's Sandman comics. Probably doesn't suit the aesthetic of Darksiders, though. ^_^
She is a cool character, and a female "Death" would have been a nice twist. I mean, it works for Bayonetta, and it's a similar type of game.
Siegor: Any ideas if the save games are compatible between both versions?
Yes, they are.
Any way to buy the old DarkSiders 2 non Death Edition on GOG?
I was little startled by the mail stating that my order was complete when I made no such thing (there were one or two threads about hackers using stolen accounts to purchase gift codes to resell, month or two ago). Glad it turned out to be legit.

So far my experience:
- loading saves from previous version works
- the game frequently crashes (may or may not be related to using old save). I wasn't very far, I just wanted to see if it works back then, in Land of the Makers. When I loaded that save, I got three problems in the span of about 15 minutes. Two CTDs: Alt-tabing (I could forgive that one), and when talking to one of the people there (only once, next time it worked). Last one wasn't CTD, but when I got into a fight, the game just crapped itself. Last about 0.5s of Death's animation just repeated endlessly on the screen. The fight continued, I could hear both my attacks and being hit (and opening menu), but no way to see what is going on.

System specs: win7 64, 8G RAM, AMD R9 270

Nice gesture from Nordic games, but for now I'm glad I still have access to the unenhanced version. I noticed few earlier posts about deleting certain file, I'll have to try it when I get home.
iRevolt: Any way to buy the old DarkSiders 2 non Death Edition on GOG?
Not in a conventional way, but maybe someone has it as a gift and you could try to trade something for it.
Well, there are many official Steam resellers, but I have never heard of an official GoG reseller.

P1na: You reacted correctly when you didn't like the different discount, or when you called me egotitiscal and unable/unwilling to look at the bigger picture?

You know what, never mind. Joke fell flat, I'll move on.
First part. Second was unnecessary, just needed to vent on that. :)
zlep: (...)

RadonGOG: Very cool @Nordic... (hah, this was an unintended joke; Nordic and cool :P )
...would be hard for anybody on GOG to actually complain at this point; just extremly well done.
Now I´d love to see some tech reviews...
zlep: I can't believe you think it would be hard for GOGites to complain about something. 0_0 About anything! In an earlier post, I even managed to simultaneously praise and complain about this move. ^_^

But yes, I think Nordic's intentions were extremely cool. It's always nice to see earlier purchases of a company's products taken into account. I'm sure it generates good will.
Well, at least I´ve got hope... :D
iRevolt: Any way to buy the old DarkSiders 2 non Death Edition on GOG?
NuffCatnip: Not in a conventional way, but maybe someone has it as a gift and you could try to trade something for it.
Well, there are many official Steam resellers, but I have never heard of an official GoG reseller.
Eeem, ok. Thx, I guess I'll look for GOG resellers.