It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Death rides again.

<span class="bold">Darksiders II - Deathinitive Edition</span>, a refined re-release of a fine hack'n'slash, is available now, DRM-free on GOG.com with a 20% discount, 80% loyalty deal, or even completely free for owners of the full series!

War. War has come. War beyond our control. War we cannot stop.
The four horsemen of the apocalypse have descended upon the Earth.
In Darksiders II you are Death, and your brother, War, has been dragged into an all-out battle on the face of the earth. Now, you're here to pick up the pieces and fix everything that went wrong. You'll mess stuff up on the way. Darksiders II - Deathinitive Edition brings the bloody and brutal gameplay into the current generation - among other improvements, the game looks better than ever with a completely new lighting engine and high-res textures. Death has never looked better than now.

Included in the package is also all the DLC released for the game, now scattered across the full story for a more organic and balanced experience.

Alongside the Deathinitive premiere, introducing the Nordic Franchise Loyalty Program (or plain ol' NFLP) for Darksiders - straight from the source:
• Tier 1: everybody owning Darksiders, Darksiders II, and the DLC pack on gog.com up until the release of Darksiders II Deathinitive Edition on November 5th 2015, will get the Darksiders II Deathinitive Edition for free (i.e. freebie, gratuit, gratuito, kostenlos, gratuito) - the game will be added to eligible account automatically.
• Tier 2: everybody owning Darksiders II from gog.com up until the release of Darksiders II Deathinitive Edition on November 5th 2015 will get an 80% discount during the first release week - you can find your discount code under Darksiders II in your game library.
• Tier 3: For all non-owners there will be a release discount of 20% in place for one week after release.

Ride the all-new lighting in <span class="bold">Darksiders II - Deathinitive Edition</span>, available now, DRM-free on GOG.com. The 20% launch discount will last for one week, until November 12, 5:59 PM GMT.
cool
P1na: I mean, you do know that owning the main game and the DLCs does not get you the game for free on Steam, right?
DyNaer: it does, but obviously not for everyone, it's restricted to a certain game id.....
I'm pretty sure the "Darksiders Franchise Pack", which is what apparently is being used to trigger the free upgrade on Steam, is specifically the first game, the second game, and all of the second game's DLC, exactly what is being used to determine qualification for the free upgrade on GOG. As I'm understanding it, the problem is that buying those items separately from the Franchise Pack on Steam, even if you get all of them, doesn't trigger the free upgrade. The GOG upgrade system is definitely handling this better than Steam's...
yyahoo: I'm pretty sure the "Darksiders Franchise Pack", which is what apparently is being used to trigger the free upgrade on Steam, is specifically the first game, the second game, and all of the second game's DLC, exactly what is being used to determine qualification for the free upgrade on GOG. As I'm understanding it, the problem is that buying those items separately from the Franchise Pack on Steam, even if you get all of them, doesn't trigger the free upgrade. The GOG upgrade system is definitely handling this better than Steam's...
everything is correct (from my readings) .... and i agree about the fact GOG handling better such thing than Steam.....

that's really a bad message sent to those who bought thoses games + dlc full price....
Post edited November 06, 2015 by DyNaer
Although you can count me in the group of people who is not getting an 80% discount. I own both I and II, just didn't buy the DLC. No code, no 80% discount...

And both were purchased together, not a gift code...
Post edited November 06, 2015 by RWarehall
adambiser: Does the GOG version have the save game crash issue that the Steam version seems to have?
Source: http://steamcommunity.com/app/388410/discussions/0/496880503063342544/
JudasIscariot: Easily solved.

Go to your %localappdata% Darksiders2 directory and look for an options.dgbt file. Rename it and start the game.
Why don't it be installed with the file renamed, so user don't need to hunt in the forum for a solution?
Thank you for the upgrade!
Post edited November 06, 2015 by Stryder2931
Just getting an opinion, I got this elsewhere for free because I owned the franchise pack, is it worth taking a 12GB hit to my network bandwidth provided that I already have the original version installed? (My ISP throttles download speeds once the I exceed that 40GB limit)
JudasIscariot: Easily solved.

Go to your %localappdata% Darksiders2 directory and look for an options.dopt file. Rename it and start the game.
Gnostic: Why don't it be installed with the file renamed, so user don't need to hunt in the forum for a solution?
Because that would probably require access to the game's source or something of the sort. Also, this doesn't affect everyone, only those with slightly older video cards like a GTX 650 and such.
RWarehall: Although you can count me in the group of people who is not getting an 80% discount. I own both I and II, just didn't buy the DLC. No code, no 80% discount...

And both were purchased together, not a gift code...
Yeah, the 80% discount code isn't showing up for me either, and I own the same items as you. No problem though - just contact support and I'm sure they'll supply you with a code or (if you buy the new edition before them) give you a refund or credit for the extra paid. They're good at fixing issues like that, although the ongoing sale may make them slower to respond than usual.

What irritates me though is that the DLC pack is now gone. I'm perfectly happy owning the older edition (I play so many "vintage" games that updated graphics aren't a big pull to me), so if I decided I liked Darksiders 2 when I got around to playing it, I would have added on the DLC then. Now I only have the option of upgrading the entire game to the much dearer new edition (even at 80% off it's more expensive than the DLC on a more modest discount). I suppose I should try to make time to play the game this week and see, but I really dislike having my upgrade options hemmed in without warning.

Getting it free for the people who owned everything was nice though - it's good to see that GOG's handled that so well. I'd be furious if I was someone who'd bought everything separately on Steam and hence didn't qualify for the freebie.
Thanks Nordic and GOG.com!
Caladalac: checked my e-mail to find I had a new game. I thought it was a mistake at first.
Solei: I was also wondering who hacked my account to buy stuff with
Yeah, me too, thought I was hacked/hijacked :)
Off topic ( sort of ), but what's up with Death's design? The flowing black emo hair, the human eyes, the weird skull (-mask)? He doesn't look like a Horseman of the Apocalypse, but more like some sort of rejected Slipknot band member. At best he's a poor rip-off of Legacy of Kain's Raziel. ( And the latter actually looked scarier and more original. ) What gives?
Thank you, thank you! A gift is a gift, i never look my horse in its mouth to inspect its teeth! Much appreciated!

Seems though steambrains over there are yelling and insulting, like the angry little spoiled kids they are... For only ONCE they were fed the last piece of the pie, while they constantly enjoy exclusives, dirty cheap sales, better offers and deals and even more interesting extras and gifts generally and they saw red with Nordic. Even though it was Steam's fault (examining at the bottom) and its sales' pattern (scattered and mutilated DLCs NOT in one package, unlike gog, which also gives extras like soundtrack for free, while steam charges for them).

A real pity, sad really. Someone tries to GIFT people with something they worked over, and dumb asses insult and belittle because the MEDIATOR rips them off... No people, stop aping and use your BRAINS, vote with your wallet and SEEK DEALS THAT ARE GOING TO BENEFIT YOU! Here you buy, you own, no strings attached!
KiNgBrAdLeY7: Thank you, thank you! A gift is a gift, i never look my horse in its mouth to inspect its teeth! Much appreciated!

Seems though steambrains over there are yelling and insulting, like the angry little spoiled kids they are... For only ONCE they were fed the last piece of the pie, while they constantly enjoy exclusives, dirty cheap sales, better offers and deals and even more interesting extras and gifts generally and they saw red with Nordic. Even though it was Steam's fault (examining at the bottom) and its sales' pattern (scattered and mutilated DLCs NOT in one package, unlike gog, which also gives extras like soundtrack for free, while steam charges for them).

A real pity, sad really. Someone tries to GIFT people with something they worked over, and dumb asses insult and belittle because the MEDIATOR rips them off... No people, stop aping and use your BRAINS, vote with your wallet and SEEK DEALS THAT ARE GOING TO BENEFIT YOU! Here you buy, you own, no strings attached!
Ah, hadn't noticed the soundtrack was included.
Weird that's it's just mp3's and not Flac but free is free I guess. :P
NuffCatnip: One serious question, when did this trend start for developers to remaster their game ?
Im neither against nor for this practice, just want to know who started this.
VanishedOne: It probably depends on how you define a remaster (e.g. consider games that are better on Amiga than on DOS or whatever), but I should think it's at least as old as Super Mario All-Stars.
It also depends on how you define "trend". Just considering when devs first started remastering, probably even earlier than Mario.

I think you could make a case for the text adventure now commonly called Colossal Cave Adventure. As that moved from mainframe to mainframe (and later to PC), it was altered and updated largely independently on each, resulting in some copies looking like "remasters" of the original version. But you could also claim that was just porting and forking at work...

An even better case could be made for Hack (early 80s) being a remaster of Rogue (1980, the namer of the rogue-like). It used the same plot (such as it was), even down to searching for the Amulet of Yendor. It used Rogue's attributes and monsters, but added more, plus extra features. It certainly looked the same graphically (thank heavens no one ever patented ascii graphics like they did games on loading screens). I'd say that's a remaster in everything but name.

RadonGOG: Very cool @Nordic... (hah, this was an unintended joke; Nordic and cool :P )
...would be hard for anybody on GOG to actually complain at this point; just extremly well done.
Now I´d love to see some tech reviews...
I can't believe you think it would be hard for GOGites to complain about something. 0_0 About anything! In an earlier post, I even managed to simultaneously praise and complain about this move. ^_^

But yes, I think Nordic's intentions were extremely cool. It's always nice to see earlier purchases of a company's products taken into account. I'm sure it generates good will.
Post edited November 06, 2015 by zlep
Question here. I have a redeem code for Darksiders 1 + 2 + DLC for the 2nd game, I bought these as a gift on the 21st of June. If I redeem these now am I still eligible for the free upgrade or did I have to redeem the code before Nov 5th?