It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

When you switch the store's language to English, regional blocked games still get displayed in your wishlist and you see the current discount. Of course you still can't buy them, because of your German IP, but that is a matter, that perhaps could be tackled in a second step.
stryx: When you switch the store's language to English, regional blocked games still get displayed in your wishlist and you see the current discount. Of course you still can't buy them, because of your German IP, but that is a matter, that perhaps could be tackled in a second step.
That is simply not true.
I have never used this site in anything other than English btw.

Only the IP counts.
stryx: When you switch the store's language to English, regional blocked games still get displayed in your wishlist and you see the current discount. Of course you still can't buy them, because of your German IP, but that is a matter, that perhaps could be tackled in a second step.
Klumpen0815: That is simply not true.

Only the IP counts.
Then the games are not on your wishlist.

Only the IP counts.
stryx: Then the games are not on your wishlist.
There's no chance to put them on the wishlist when they are regionally locked. We can't even see the store page.
stryx: Then the games are not on your wishlist.
PaterAlf: There's no chance to put them on the wishlist when they are regionally locked. We can't even see the store page.
I don't feel comfortable with talking about it in detail in an open forum. If you'd like to know more, contact me.
Today I tried to purchase games blocked in Germany by going to the border with the Czech Republic but... FAIL:

After connecting to the only available network provider Vodafone.cz, I logged in but still couldn't access these games. According to the email with the 2-step authentication code, the traffic went through web.vodafone.de. Anybody else seen an issue like this? /me wonders if adding/switching to the APN data.vodafone.cz would work and fix this or if Vodafone redirects some of its traffic through Germany.
Set up a VPN. For instance use Opera with the Browsec addon. Two clicks and you no longer have a German IP. Don't forget to delete your cookies.
stryx: Set up a VPN. For instance use Opera with the Browsec addon. Two clicks and you no longer have a German IP. Don't forget to delete your cookies.
Is it not against GOG's ToS or am i mistaken?
The-Business: Today I tried to purchase games blocked in Germany by going to the border with the Czech Republic but... FAIL:

After connecting to the only available network provider Vodafone.cz, I logged in but still couldn't access these games. According to the email with the 2-step authentication code, the traffic went through web.vodafone.de. Anybody else seen an issue like this? /me wonders if adding/switching to the APN data.vodafone.cz would work and fix this or if Vodafone redirects some of its traffic through Germany.
Have you deleted the cookies before trying it, the region you were last logged in is saved there so the blocked games won't appear until you delete those.
(at least that was the case 1 year ago when I last tried)
Post edited June 10, 2017 by JinKazaragi
Yes, I had deleted cookies, cache etc. As described, it's an issue with the (mobile) internet provider.. Would be worth to know if that German IP just got assigned because it was easier to connect that mobile cell tower to the German network or if Vodafone in general routes the traffic internally from CZ to DE (in that case, it'd likely apply everywhere at least in CZ where I't try).
Someone must have realized that if the base game is regionally blocked in one country, it's no use if the DLCs aren't:

---------------------------

>>> Dying Light: Gun Psycho Bundle [DLC] is now regionally locked in JP

>>> Dying Light: Harran Ranger Bundle [DLC] is now regionally locked in JP

>>> Dying Light: Volatile Hunter Bundle [DLC] is now regionally locked in JP
muntdefems: Someone must have realized that if the base game is regionally blocked in one country, it's no use if the DLCs aren't:

>>> Dying Light: Gun Psycho Bundle [DLC] is now regionally locked in JP

>>> Dying Light: Harran Ranger Bundle [DLC] is now regionally locked in JP

>>> Dying Light: Volatile Hunter Bundle [DLC] is now regionally locked in JP
Okay......
Still doesn't make sense because iirc Dying Light is not region locked in Japan on Steam....

Oh well...I'll add it....
muntdefems: Someone must have realized that if the base game is regionally blocked in one country, it's no use if the DLCs aren't:
https://www.gog.com/work/support-part-time-customer-support-representative-english-and-french-german-japanese indicates official Japanese language support is going to be added, so maybe someone's been tidying up in readiness.
ElTerprise: Still doesn't make sense because iirc Dying Light is not region locked in Japan on Steam....

And Timeshift also is not region locked for Germany on Steam but still .... ;)

Only the IP counts.
Not exactly true either.
Post edited June 27, 2017 by MarkoH01
ElTerprise: Still doesn't make sense because iirc Dying Light is not region locked in Japan on Steam....

MarkoH01: And Timeshift also is not region locked for Germany on Steam but still .... ;)

Only the IP counts.
MarkoH01: Not exactly true either.
Well... and cookies.