It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The 25th QuakeCon is closing in, with three days of celebrity influencer streams, live concerts, charity fundraising, and developer panels starting on August the 7th. To get your ready for this cool event we’ve decided to host a special QuakeCon Sale with Bethesda, featuring cult games from this publisher up to 75% off. Here are a few of them:

Dishonored 2 (-75%) is the follow-up to Arkane Studio's FPP action blockbuster, Dishonored. Play your way in a world where mysticism and industry collide.

Quake 4 (-70%) is an FPP where you join an elite squad of marines and take the battle to the heart of the alien Strogg home planet to become Earth’s last hope for victory.

The Evil Within (-75%) is a survival horror from famous creator Shinji Mikami. Take the role of detective Sebastian Castellanos and encounter a mysterious and powerful force.

Hurry up and grab the discounted DRM-free games! QuakeCon Sale will last on GOG.COM until 18th August, 10:59 PM UTC.

If you want to see the cool gameplay featuring some of the titles present in this QuakeCon Sale, visit our Twitch channel. Here are the dates from our Stream Team:

· Quake II: Quad Damage played by Flaose - 6th August - 11:30 AM UTC.
· Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth played by BraxtonWise - 6th August, 4 PM UTC.
· Return to Castle Wolfenstein played by DanVanDam - Friday, 7th August, 5 PM UTC.

The complete schedule can be found here.
Loger13: This is the phrase that someone utters with hopes every QuakeCon, but the times when we actually got something new were extremely ... ahem ... rare. :)
tfishell: You're not wrong.

Funny how we can get some no-legal-issues "AAA"/big-name games that are less than 3 years old (Evil Within 2), but not some that are 5-10+ years :p As others have suggested it could be us just getting "dead" franchises essentially, which is an odd business decision but okay...
Yes I read this idea, but ...
I think this idea does not correspond to reality, in fact. Although it often looks like that.
We've got Doom 3 (though not the version that many want), although the Doom franchise is definitely not dead. We, in due time, got here Fallout 3 and New Vegas, although the Fallout franchise was not dead at that time, not now.
And at the same time, we still have not received, for example, Hunted: The Demon’s Forge, despite the fact that the "franchise" is definitely dead and the continuation is not expected.

Everything is clearly a little more complicated than this very primitive idea, voiced by someone.
JMB9: When will "Return to Castle Wolfenstein" be available in Germany?
There should no longer exist legal obstacles - so this is really strange ...
maybe Bethesda can find a solution in near future ...
That one is still indexed in Germany, Bethesda needs to pump some money into their legal department to make it vanish from the index.

I expect that to be in the making already OR planned for the near future (same with "Quake 3" and "Quake 4"), but Corona has put a lot of those legal proceedings on hold or reduce their speed to almost zero at this point.

Do not give up hope, eventually those will at least be deindexed automatically in a few years, "Heretic" was delisted last month automatically.
Post edited August 05, 2020 by Anime-BlackWolf
Loger13: ...
Let's agree to disagree ;)
tfishell: Original Doom 3 + RoE please ;)
StingingVelvet: I would like to see these on GOG, but just an FYI... because source ports exist, the Steam edition is DRM free really. Even if you refuse to use a source port for whatever reason, installing the final patch to the Steam release makes it DRM free also.
I'd love to see those on GOG also.

While I don't have old version of D3 + RoE on Steam...
....I actually still have these old versions of D3 + RoE on disc, from retail.

I also have Doom 3 BFG on Steam.
tfishell: I guess it's possible that some new Beth games will show up during the next two weeks, though we old-timers try to remember to not get our hopes up :P
Loger13: This is the phrase that someone utters with hopes every QuakeCon, but the times when we actually got something new were extremely ... ahem ... rare. :)
GOG could just bundle all the Bethesda deals into a more neutral sale and no one would bat an eyelid, but no, they tie it in to QuakeCon which makes it seem like it's something bigger. It gets peoples hopes up and I don't think it's unreasonable to think or even expect that maybe if you're going to do that it should come with something, anything new.

But if they simply can't get anything new, maybe don't throw up a company sale attached to a high profile event that draws direct attention to the fact you don't have anything new?
Post edited August 05, 2020 by ReynardFox
tfishell: I guess it's possible that some new Beth games will show up during the next two weeks, though we old-timers try to remember to not get our hopes up :P
I like the above way of thinking and i hope it'll be the case here, even if i was mildly dissapointed at first. After all, Bethesda played nice with GOG recently and who knows what they have in store for us this time. I'll just wait and see.
ReynardFox: GOG could just bundle all the Bethesda deals into a more neutral sale and no one would bat an eyelid, but no, they tie it in to QuakeCon which makes it seem like it's something bigger. It gets peoples hopes up and I don't think it's unreasonable to think or even expect that maybe if you're going to do that it should come with something, anything new.

But if they simply can't get anything new, maybe don't throw up a company sale attached to a high profile event that draws direct attention to the fact you don't have anything new?
From a marketing point of view, they did everything right: QuakeCon, Bethesda games will be featured in gaming news, it will be searched for and bought, and launching a sale earlier than on Steam (unlike last year, when GOG screwed up and launched later) is the right decision.
Well, about the fact that there is nothing new: this is not GOG's fault. And you understand that it was not like "ah, we won't be selling Doom Eternal here." GOG may deny some small, cute indie game (having f*cked up with its curation), but it will definitely not refuse to sell a large title from a large studio. Without Bethesda's will, new games will not release here.
MysterD: While I don't have old version of D3 + RoE on Steam...
....I actually still have these old versions of D3 + RoE on disc, from retail.
The final patch makes the retail version DRM free as well, so you could just copy the install to a backup drive and never need the discs again.
StingingVelvet: I would like to see these on GOG, but just an FYI... because source ports exist, the Steam edition is DRM free really. Even if you refuse to use a source port for whatever reason, installing the final patch to the Steam release makes it DRM free also.
Cheers. I've played and beaten both D3 + RoE, but I'd like to support GOG.
FulVal: In Bethesda site i see Heretic, Hexen & Hexen II but "buy" option doesn't work (and only into official client i can see "buy" option)

I hope for gog release of Heretic & Hexen series...

The DooM & DooM II re-release of bethesda.net are coming to steam this weekend; not to gog for now (don't worry about DOS version)

I hope also for Wolfenstein 2009
MysterD: I played Wolf 2009, back in the day. It was good.

I'd also like to see that here.

But, does Activision and/or Raven hold any rights or anything to distribution/publishing of that title? Or is there any licensed music that needs to be re-licensed or removed?

We ain't seen that title even on Steam, in years, for some reason.
Ah the good ol' Wolf 2009 debate. It's similar to the NOLF debate, really, where all parties involved don't know who owns the legal rights at the end of the day but say they will absolutely find out if they're forced to (see Nightdive's ambitious endeavor to revive NOLF and Fox and Activision's replies). That said, Activision claims Bethesda owns the rights. Bethesda claims Activision owns the rights. Another article with an interview with a "Bethesda staff member" has a quote that Bethesda wants to bury that game as "Activision did a crap job" with it and it doesn't fit with their vision or story. Perhaps the battle will be resolved when BJ finally defeats the Nazis once and for all.

That said, I love the game and want it available once again. I have the PS3 and PC physical copies but really want digital versions.
guppy44: Another article with an interview with a "Bethesda staff member" has a quote that Bethesda wants to bury that game as "Activision did a crap job" with it and it doesn't fit with their vision or story. Perhaps the battle will be resolved when BJ finally defeats the Nazis once and for all.
The Machine Games guys are especially aggressive about how bad they think that game is, and how everyone should forget it exists, but honestly I'm pretty sure I'd taken Raven's Wolfenstein over theirs. Mostly because it doesn't have literally hours worth of meh cutscenes.
The doom 3 pack is strangely missing from steam but can still be found on gamersgate but it's not on sale at the moment.
§pectre: Arx Fatalis is there for cheap.
MysterD: Underrated title.

Though, that was given away from the Bethesda.Net Store, a bit ago to celebrate Arkane's anniversary.

And you can use Arx Libertatis from the Bethesda.Net version, to run that game without DRM - since Libetatis is a source port.
That's what I did.

And yes, I also do have old retail copy of Arx Fatalis on disc.
I saw someone had made a stand alone mod for doom 3 on it too.
I want WOLF 2009 too...

I have a Jack Sparrow edition of that game, but I want to buy it legally.
§pectre: The doom 3 pack is strangely missing from steam but can still be found on gamersgate but it's not on sale at the moment.
Might be your region, it's on Steam in the US.