It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Counting stars.

Star Control: Origins is now available for pre-order, DRM-free on GOG.com.
This is a sci-fi action/adventure with RPG elements and a new start for the beloved series. While investigating a far away distress signal upon Earth's first interstellar starship, you stumble upon this procedurally created galaxy, full of unknown alien races. A plot is being hatched, threatening to throw the entire galaxy into disarray, but your battle-readiness and thorough exploration might just avert it.

Pre-order and gain access to next month's Super-Melee beta.

Get the entire series in a Bundle, including Star Control: The Ur-Quan Masters and Star Control: The Kessari Quadrant.
Post edited October 19, 2017 by maladr0Id
fishbaits: nda eh? Betcha youtubers/streamers still get to post stuff.
Well considering GoG is posting screenshots and they're listed as a nono under the NDA....

Yes, I:m sure they have permission to do so as a seller of the game. Just pointing it out.
Painted_Doll: I will never forgive them Elemental: War of Magic .
victorchopin: See!? As they say back in Ecuador, the "strong forgive, the weak remember" ;D

Jokes aside, yeah, that one was a huge flop...
the weak also remember the fans. Yes elemental was a huge flop but rather than turn their backs on customers, they did something positive. People who kept that game and didn't refund got Fallen Enchantress and Legendary Heroes for the low, low price of $0.00
https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2017/10/stardock-ceo-talks-star-control-origins-player-crafting-and-upcoming-beta/
victorchopin: See!? As they say back in Ecuador, the "strong forgive, the weak remember" ;D

wizisi2k: the weak also remember the fans. Yes elemental was a huge flop but rather than turn their backs on customers, they did something positive. People who kept that game and didn't refund got Fallen Enchantress and Legendary Heroes for the low, low price of $0.00
See? Awesome idea, I say!
That's how it should be, man ;)
wizisi2k: People who kept that game and didn't refund got Fallen Enchantress and Legendary Heroes for the low, low price of $0.00
Well , not all of us . :(

wizisi2k: the weak also remember the fans. Yes elemental was a huge flop but rather than turn their backs on customers, they did something positive. People who kept that game and didn't refund got Fallen Enchantress and Legendary Heroes for the low, low price of $0.00
While this was cute, it was announced in 2012 when FE released and only counted for the people who had *preordered* Elemental, back before oct 2010. Anyone who had bought it in between just got Elemental.

Between Elemental and the completely out of nowhere selling off of Impulse their idealised self proclaimed Gamer's Bill of Rights suddenly took a major reputation hit back then.
Post edited October 19, 2017 by Pheace
high rated
Design your own ships or download them from Steam to build fleets and take them into combat in Super Melee!
lol
yogsloth: lol
Stardock . What else did you expect from them ?
Post edited October 19, 2017 by Painted_Doll
Zoidberg: Ugh... this... doesn't look too impressive...

Also, an NDA for preordering? WTH is wrong with you GOG?!

Why would you allow this?!

Shame on you, guys.

Shame.
Why are you blaming GOG and not the publisher?
Looks promising, onto the wishlist it goes.
Wait until it's done, maybe with all the inevitable DLC....
On Gog Galaxy the client crashes when trying to open the NDA. Works fine in the browser. Error reporting is not working so I cannot report it.
melmovano: On Gog Galaxy...
Well, there's your problem. :)
Holy Fudgebananas this actually looks amazing, classic star control 2 meets some mechanics from games with, uh, questionable success.

YES, except I am poor and cant really afford to pay 300 of my local currency on a game, let alone one who states it's price is going up as they are adding stuff, simply put HOLY NIPPLETWISTERS why are all these games so darned expensive, I'm in the process of developing a game myself, and I wouldn't DARE ask that much no matter how poor I am.

*crossed arms*

and people ask me why I play so much Hots :P
This pic looks like someone is vacuuming the moon. :P

Sounds like the work of Spaceballs.
Attachments:
sco.jpg (39 Kb)
mikebert: Why does a DRM-free single-player game require a broadband internet connection to play?
Because Stardock
tinyE: This pic looks like someone is vacuuming the moon. :P

Sounds like the work of Spaceballs.
"WE AIN'T FOUND SHIT!"
Post edited October 19, 2017 by ShaunRoberts