It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Counting stars.

Star Control: Origins is now available for pre-order, DRM-free on GOG.com.
This is a sci-fi action/adventure with RPG elements and a new start for the beloved series. While investigating a far away distress signal upon Earth's first interstellar starship, you stumble upon this procedurally created galaxy, full of unknown alien races. A plot is being hatched, threatening to throw the entire galaxy into disarray, but your battle-readiness and thorough exploration might just avert it.

Pre-order and gain access to next month's Super-Melee beta.

Get the entire series in a Bundle, including Star Control: The Ur-Quan Masters and Star Control: The Kessari Quadrant.
Post edited October 19, 2017 by maladr0Id
draginol: https://www.pcgamesn.com/stardock-makes-fallen-enchantress-free-elemental-owners

Or wikipedia:
[url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elemental:_Fallen_Enchantress]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elemental:_Fallen_Enchantress[/url]

Or Escapist:
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/122087-Why-Stardock-Is-Still-Working-on-Fallen-Enchantress#&gid=gallery_1046&pid=1

I am pretty sure this is still in effect (that someone who bought Elemental can still get a free download of Fallen Enchantress). It didn't require the user even apply. The games were added to their account. The user just has to go to http://download.stardock.com and the games should appear right there.
Pheace: Thanks, got confused with people having bought FE only getting half price on LH I think
Makes sense. FE was a really good game. FE:LH (and I think SK) have discounts for people who have FE.

BTW, on a slightly different topic, Ars Technica is doing a documentary on Elemental. That game's failure actually has a fairly interesting background to it that I think people may find interesting.
Wishbone: I'm sorry, but when were the titles of Star Control 2&3 retroactively changed??? And renaming SC2 to "The Ur-Quan Masters", when the free (and superior) version has been known by that name for years is misleading at best :-(
More confusing is that they changed the name of the Star Control 1 & 2 bundle in a way that it is not indicating anymore that this is a bundle of two games.

And of course, as the masters of inconsistency, GOG have renamed the titles of the old games, but refer to them as Star Control 1, 2 and 3 everywhere else, even on the new game card of the Star Control bundle. ;)
SirPrimalform: Does it have local multiplayer too? Either single screen or LAN?
pshaw01: We are planning on supporting local MP on a single screen.
Cant believe THIS! Awesome!!!!

My god... must.. resist.. backlog...
Celton88: Interesting.

The trailer reminds me of Spore.
I thought it looked like Spore based on screenshots.
This game looks really nice and fresh. I've never played any Star Control games, but I am definitely interested in this. Will keep my eye out for it once it releases :)
Celton88: Interesting.

The trailer reminds me of Spore.
thebream: I thought it looked like Spore based on screenshots.
I always thought Spore looked like Star Control stylistically. Soren (Civ IV, Offworld Trading Company) I believe designed the space stage of it.
thebream: I thought it looked like Spore based on screenshots.
draginol: I always thought Spore looked like Star Control stylistically. Soren (Civ IV, Offworld Trading Company) I believe designed the space stage of it.
Never played Star Control but it would be completely unsurprising if they did base it on that.
Post edited November 03, 2017 by thebream
The Beta is nearly ready.

GOG and Stardock are going to be...ahem..."testing" Super-Melee tomorrow. At length.

Single player, multiplayer and even local multiplayer (2 people at one computer) are all in.
Looks fun so far, I'm interested. Whether the game is called 'Star Control Origins' or 'Super Banana Boat' doesn't really matter, the gameplay looks fun. That's what I care about. If people can praise the horror sequel that was Mass Effect 2, a game's title or name does't matter, it means nothing.

However I need to see more gameplay videos before signing up for any kind of pre-order, a 1-2 minute trailer is far from enough.

The art style looks great to me, I'm into this style as well. Besides, I think Star Control 2 was just as "cartoony" for its time (and 'genre' especially). So to me this is in-keeping with the previous games.

It will come down to the actual gameplay and storyline though, if it has the same kind of depth the previous games had.
If the focus is one user-created content and multiplayer I will be very disappointed, that's not what Star Control is to me, and it's not what I look for in a new game. I'm only interested in single-player stuff.
Post edited November 11, 2017 by Ricky_Bobby
Devastor: Sorry, but very awful, disgusting graphics!

The Star Control-series and the remake "The Ur-Quan Masters" were great games.

I'm desperately disappointed that "Star Control: Origins" uses this cheap, mainstream-disney 3D-cartoon style graphics for under 12-years old children! (ironie start) Is a 3D-Barbie-avatar with pony and bling bling included? (ironie end)

I like handdrawn illustrations and cartoons for grownups/above 12 years old children, but a game with this mainstream, low budget children-graphics is aweful. I will never buy a game with this kind of graphics! ("Master of Orion 4 - Conquer the Stars" and "Sorcerer King" were the last games with this aweful kind of graphics-style that i bought.)
Superior graphics does not make a superior game. Look at Minecraft.
Spore is also a very successful game that uses graphics similar to that of Star Control : Origins
Post edited September 02, 2018 by neghvar