It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Counting stars.

Star Control: Origins is now available for pre-order, DRM-free on GOG.com.
This is a sci-fi action/adventure with RPG elements and a new start for the beloved series. While investigating a far away distress signal upon Earth's first interstellar starship, you stumble upon this procedurally created galaxy, full of unknown alien races. A plot is being hatched, threatening to throw the entire galaxy into disarray, but your battle-readiness and thorough exploration might just avert it.

Pre-order and gain access to next month's Super-Melee beta.

Get the entire series in a Bundle, including Star Control: The Ur-Quan Masters and Star Control: The Kessari Quadrant.
Post edited October 19, 2017 by maladr0Id
htown1980: Star Control 2 was an amazing game. This doesn’t look anything like it.
victorchopin: But it's a good way to bring in someone who isn't familiar with the series, imho ;)
Right?

Gotta say I like the overall art and albeit a *little* too spore-ish I think it already looks pretty solid mate
When I say it doesn't look anything like Star Control 2, I mean gameplay-wise it looks entirely different. The graphics don't bother me but, unless the video is misleading, I expect that this game will be nothing like Star Control 2. It looks like they are trying to make a similar game - there's a bit where you fly around in space, there's space battles, there's quirky characters - but Star Control 2 was so much more than that and the impression that I got from the video is that they will have nothing of that which made Star Control 2 a special game.

Just my opinion. I would love to be proven wrong.
Looks nice ^_^
tfishell: since GOG is just the storefront and is taking (or trying to take) more of a hands-off approach these days it seems.
And that is why I direct my ire towards gog. Taking the money without asking question is SSteam's way and if gog wants to be Steam, why bother with gog?
ShaunRoberts: let alone one who states it's price is going up as they are adding stuff,
Oh my, that's the worst.

Steer away from these shitty practices.
Post edited October 20, 2017 by Zoidberg
Early Access cancer arrived at GOG? Sad.
Post edited October 20, 2017 by yxomoron
With Stardock as the driving force this game will probably be complete after 28 DLCs about 5 years after release.

Count me towards someone somewhat interested in the distant future. Didn't even bother to wishlist because the time horizon is too large. I may not play games anymore then.
Post edited October 20, 2017 by Trilarion
Trilarion: With Stardock as the driving force this game will probably be complete after 28 DLCs about 5 years after release.

Count me towards someone somewhat interested in the distant future. Didn't even bother to wishlist because the time horizon is too large. I may not play games anymore then.
Quite a sensible precaution. Even Galactic Civilizations 3 is after years of development by Stardock so highly unstable that it crashes to desktop anytime you play the game. Not to forget the 10 highly overpriced dlcs. Thankfully at least for Ashes of the Singularity they solved the stability issues.
Post edited October 20, 2017 by Matruchus
tfishell: since GOG is just the storefront and is taking (or trying to take) more of a hands-off approach these days it seems.
Zoidberg: And that is why I direct my ire towards gog. Taking the money without asking question is SSteam's way and if gog wants to be Steam, why bother with gog?
Yeah sorry I shouldn't have gotten involved here. Gotta let people call it as they see it, carry on. ;)
high rated
GOG.com: Get the entire series in a Bundle, including Star Control: The Ur-Quan Masters and Star Control: The Kessari Quadrant.
I'm sorry, but when were the titles of Star Control 2&3 retroactively changed??? And renaming SC2 to "The Ur-Quan Masters", when the free (and superior) version has been known by that name for years is misleading at best :-(
Zoidberg: And that is why I direct my ire towards gog. Taking the money without asking question is SSteam's way and if gog wants to be Steam, why bother with gog?
tfishell: Yeah sorry I shouldn't have gotten involved here. Gotta let people call it as they see it, carry on. ;)
Wow, that is a really sad view. :(

I'm sorry you are taking it that way.

Sorry if I appeared aggressive, that wasn't the intent.
Post edited October 20, 2017 by Zoidberg
Stardock.. Let's see.. We can expect to play the "Complete" version (with all the cut pieces put together) roughly 4 years from now (tentative estimate).
tfishell: Yeah sorry I shouldn't have gotten involved here. Gotta let people call it as they see it, carry on. ;)
Zoidberg: Wow, that is a really sad view. :(

No, I just jumped into something I shouldn't have. I guess I'm tired of people making the mistake that GOG can do whatever they want whenever they want with their games, and have complete and total control over the store with no legal considerations, fueled yesterday by people getting outraged at GOG having the audacity to release Mafia w/o the licensed music. (I think some of this view is fueled by GOG's "Good Old Games" days, where the idea started gestating that GOG made all their own patches for all their games.) And my posts here were an outlet. But there wasn't any reason to call you out or silence people. I guess we get passionate, frustrated, hotheaded, etc. about different things.
GOG.com: Get the entire series in a Bundle, including Star Control: The Ur-Quan Masters and Star Control: The Kessari Quadrant.
Wishbone: I'm sorry, but when were the titles of Star Control 2&3 retroactively changed??? And renaming SC2 to "The Ur-Quan Masters", when the free (and superior) version has been known by that name for years is misleading at best :-(
True, I don't remember it being like that originally. I guess it confuses the issue when people recommend the superior, free, Ur-Quan masters.
Zoidberg: Wow, that is a really sad view. :(

tfishell: No, I just jumped into something I shouldn't have. I guess I'm tired of people making the mistake that GOG can do whatever they want whenever they want with their games, and have complete and total control over the store with no legal considerations, fueled yesterday by people getting outraged at GOG having the audacity to release Mafia w/o the licensed music. (I think some of this view is fueled by GOG's "Good Old Games" days, where the idea started gestating that GOG made all their own patches for all their games.) And my posts here were an outlet. But there wasn't any reason to call you out or silence people. I guess we get passionate, frustrated, hotheaded, etc. about different things.
Oh but I do agree with you on the silliness to react badly at gog releasing a game with removed licensed music. It was either that or no release at all. AND it is not something directly related to the industry itself but a complicated legal matter. That is still silly but another matter entirely.
Painted_Doll: " Stardock Entertainment "

* runs away *

but leaves this in here : https://www.gog.com/forum/general/ghosts_of_the_precursors_a_direct_sequel_to_star_control_ii_the_urquan_masters
Ha-ha, Stardock may f*ck itself! :)
Wishbone: I'm sorry, but when were the titles of Star Control 2&3 retroactively changed??? And renaming SC2 to "The Ur-Quan Masters", when the free (and superior) version has been known by that name for years is misleading at best :-(
Star Control II: The Ur-Quan Masters is the original full title of the second game in the series. That is where the open source project took its name from.

I'm guessing the change to the travesty known as Star Control 3 is to disassociate it as a direct sequel to SC2 now that Toys for Bob are finally working on a true sequel.
Post edited October 20, 2017 by Serren