It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Looking for Adventure and whatever comes our way.

<span class="bold">Full Throttle Remastered</span>, the bombastic return of the heavy-metal point & click legend, is now available for pre-order exclusively on GOG.com, with a 20% pre-order discount! The game will be out on April 18th.

When the Polecats hit the road, they're indestructible. No one can stop them. But they try.
Now the gang has gotten into some serious trouble, and it's up to their stoic leader Ben to outrun explosions, rough up some tough guys, and lay waste to a bunch of mechanical bunnies.
Get your desktops dressed for the occasion, with four mighty fine wallpapers available as a pre-order bonus!

<div class="embedded_video">
<iframe class="embedded_video__file" width="775" height="436" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/gsFYQSLv3Qs?wmode=opaque&amp;rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe></div>
Post edited March 20, 2017 by maladr0Id
Looks like the same cheap looking vectors over pixel art "HD" treatment DoTT got... Does this have the original graphics as an option?
tfishell: Cool, I just wish the original was bundled with it so that the wishlist entry could be completed. (same with DOTT and Maniac Mansion)
Prah: In my opinion the wishlist entry should be completed (together with Day of The Tentacle, Grim Fandango and the Monkey Island games, Maniac Mansion on the other hand is not here as it's own entry and should not be completed). The games are here and you get the oppoprtunity to play them in it's old glory if you so want (by in-game options but still!).
I'd like to see that too (on the road to 1.5 million votes completed :), but the wishlist handlers don't want to deal with the backlash from people who thought they were voting specifically for the original game.
So much hype just for the opportunity to make a pre-order?

Lame, very lame. To the wishlist it goes, no pre-order of anything. Sorry.
Matewis: Awesome thanks :) I don't know if it the nostalgia speaking, but even with the monkey island remasters I preferred the look of the originals.
Kardwill: Well, the monkey island remakes had a very different graphic identity than the originals. The original was in a pretty realistic style, while the remastered was very cartoony. Personally, I thought the pixelated original graphics were absolutely gorgeous. Especially the closeups on some characters' faces. So I played them in their full oldschool pixel glory!

On this one, the style really looks like an HD version of the original, though.
I quickly looked at some comparison screenshots between the originals, the monkey island remasters and this Full Throttle remaster. From what I can see the backgrounds are almost identical in all three cases, but much more so in the latter. Monkey Island's backgrounds look like they were completely redrawn to more or less match the originals.
Granted I only found two Full Throttle screenshots to compare to those on the game's page.

Not that matters at all to me. I just want to be able to play the damn game as it originally looked!
Man, a lot of whining in this thread.
I think that teaser was pretty obvious.
tastymonkey: Now they just need to remaster 'Freddy Pharkas Frontier Pharmacist'.
There was a release on CD which was voiced so that much is good.
Al Lowe was one of the creators of this game... Sadly I never got to get this game on it's original release.
Both CD and floppy editions are included in GOG's version of the game. :)
low rated
Yeah,the gameinformers preview (there is al link to it in the "Full Throltlle retropsctive article here) says that,like DOTT,there is a button which permits you to play the original.
I stopped buying games from Double Fine since their Spacebase DF-9 rip off so i'll pass on this one too.
Telika: Anyway, awesome game, one of the best p&c ever. Might replay it just for the remastered chitlins whiskey and skirts.
Starmaker: You didn't like Fate of Atlantis. I don't trust your opinion. <.<
I only discovered Full Throttle through its insistant praise by a friend who happened to be a fan of Fate of Atltantis. Just saying.

(Which reminds me that he also insisted that I play Grim Fandango, which I haven't yet. Oh god the backlog.)
Post edited March 14, 2017 by Telika
Prah: In my opinion the wishlist entry should be completed (together with Day of The Tentacle, Grim Fandango and the Monkey Island games, Maniac Mansion on the other hand is not here as it's own entry and should not be completed). The games are here and you get the oppoprtunity to play them in it's old glory if you so want (by in-game options but still!).
tfishell: I'd like to see that too (on the road to 1.5 million votes completed :), but the wishlist handlers don't want to deal with the backlash from people who thought they were voting specifically for the original game.
In my opinion, those people can suck it up and either play on their old CD-roms/floppys or actually get the remastered version :D
Well I bought the pre order. I loved the game back in 95. Well worth it (another was stonekeep) but alot of the old games are just unplable or very very pixalated.

Thought i would give this remastered version a chance but if it sucks it will be the 1st and last that i do give.

Just thought of other games like teh Discworld series, however those ceased when they would no longer work on updated systems (back 10yrs ago i think now). Got pretty far but never completed them.
Hell yeah and this was definitely expected, I'll wait for the final release however since I didn't liked the monkey island remakes at all.
low rated
Telika: Hey, how come this re-mastering is graphically so much better than the other lucasarts (which, by contrast, look like a mere smoothing filter applied to the original pixels ) ?
I don't think the remaster is of a considerably better quality than the Day of the Tentacle one, in fact, I think it's the very same. However, Full Throttle maybe lent itself a little better to Double Fine's style of "redoing" the graphics. I'm still very sceptical about the graphics in FT – but those aren't the only perk here. There are others, like redone music.

Telika: (Which reminds me that he also insisted that I play Grim Fandango, which I haven't yet. Oh god the backlog.)
Well, Grim Fandango is discounted, so go! It's the weirdest possible adventure game scenario, and they're still pulling it off marvelously. :)

Impaler26: I stopped buying games from Double Fine since their Spacebase DF-9 rip off so i'll pass on this one too.
I respect your opinion (I really do: I mean, many people who to this day complain about Spacebase DF-9 are unable to correctly spell the title, never bought the game and were never emotionally invested in it), though to me, the fault for that disaster seemed to be a shared one. Actually back then, I decided that if GOG ever adopted a vending concept with a similar perversity as "Early Access", I'd never buy from THEM again, seeing what foul fruits the service bore in the case of DF-9 especially.

Well. I guess second chances should be a thing. :)
Post edited March 14, 2017 by Vainamoinen
Impaler26: I stopped buying games from Double Fine since their Spacebase DF-9 rip off so i'll pass on this one too.
Vainamoinen: I respect your opinion (I really do: I mean, many people who to this day complain about Spacebase DF-9 are unable to correctly spell the title, never bought the game and were never emotionally invested in it), though to me, the fault for that disaster seemed to be a shared one. Actually back then, I decided that if GOG ever adopted a vending concept with a similar perversity as "Early Access", I'd never buy from THEM again, seeing what foul fruits the service bore in the case of DF-9 especially.

Well. I guess second chances should be a thing. :)
Well, Double Fine's "newer" games like Broken Age, Spacebase DF-9 and Massive Chalice don't appeal to me at all. I'm also not a fan of "remastered" versions and i still have an old retail version of Full Throttle.
So i have no reason to give them a second chance. ;)
Impaler26: i still have an old retail version of Full Throttle.
So do I. But no Mark Hamill on there. :)