It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Tale as old as time.

The Bard's Tale IV: Barrows Deep, is now available for pre-order, DRM-free to GOG.com.
More than 100 years later, evil is back, as it tends to do. Pick one of four available classes (yes, you don't have to be a bard) and before you know it you're be crawling through cavernous dungeons or the legendary city of Skara Brae, solving puzzles, bopping beasties in a turn-based fashion and having a grand ol' time. Along with your party and your shiny gear, of course.

Fancy for some tasty extras?
Premium edition comes loaded with an Art Book, Songbook, digital novellas, several in-game items, and more.
Platinum also includes the game's soundtrack and if you're new to the saga, the Ultimate Edition will provide you with a copy of the remastered Bard's Tales Trilogy.
Anime-BlackWolf: Holy shit, 15 Euro price difference for the soundtrack alone?
eiii: Actually it's worse. When you are not interested in the wallpapers and additional books the difference is even $30 as you cannot buy the soundtrack without them.
From this side of the argument? Yes. If you want both (books AND OST) it is expensive as hell...

No blindbuy here, as there seem to be no update paths. If you buy the wrong collection now, you are screwed...

@HunchBluntley: 80 minutes pressed CD for 15 bucks? Yeah. 15 bucks for DIGITAL music only? Nope. Sorry.
Anime-BlackWolf: Holy shit, 15 Euro price difference for the soundtrack alone?

How long is it, 2-3 hours? oO
Just watch the last video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajy6H05bCHQ

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ged_Grimes

That pretty much explains the price of the soundtrack, and Simple Minds being one of my all time favourites, the price is reasonable - for me :)
Post edited September 13, 2018 by IFW
Another backer here
Does Unreal 4 comes with telemetry like Unity 5 ?
Do I get it right pre-order offers no price cut? No deal (I don't care about special pre-order items).
This game looks amazing, I've been watching a few gameplay videos since the announcement. The character customization and turn based combat is enough to consider me sold, the pretty graphics are just a bonus.
Und wann ist bald? :)
I was about to pre-order, but paid in-game items are a no-go for me. Bye.
Post edited September 14, 2018 by Lobuno
i_ni: Do I get it right pre-order offers no price cut? No deal (I don't care about special pre-order items).
Thing is, they already permanently reduced the price to 34.99 based on a wishlist campaign, that might explain why there's no discount in this case.

Lobuno: I was about to pre-order, but paid in-game items are a no-go for me. Bye.
Wait, not saying you're wrong but I'd be pissed if there were in-game items that could be purchased for money given InXile's stance on this (see the whole Red Boots DLC recurring joke).
Did I miss something? Would you mind pointing me to the part that mentions such items?
Are there any preorder bonuses? As I unterstand, these extra contents are only dependent on which tier you choose. You can also get them after release.
Lobuno: I was about to pre-order, but paid in-game items are a no-go for me. Bye.
+1!

I will rather fire up my old C64 (or play the original BT using DOSBOX on the PC) and play Bard's Tale 1 to find a "Kael's Axe" in one of the dungeons at no additional cost before I pay EUR 80 for the ultimate platinum xxx-large BT4 version here!

Collector's editions of games including (real physical) goodies made sense as long as you received a limited boxed edition of a game, including maybe a real cloth map, a hardcover book printed on paper, sometimes even a clue book thrown into the box for those who wanted to have it a little bit easier.

That's one of the downsides of digital delivery: they expect you to pay premium for a game they can sell as often as they find someone willing to pay for it at no additional cost for the seller although these goodies are not limited at all. As long as this scam is limited to maybe the availability of an art book or the sound track that's not a problem because only those who really want to have these goodies will buy them.

But when the basic version of the (still quite expensive) game is missing content for which you have to pay another 50 % compared to the the base game price (EUR 34.99 in my case and EUR 49.99 for the platinum version with just a few more in-game items thrown in) I will just say NO and they have lost another customer.
Silverhawk170485: Are there any preorder bonuses? As I unterstand, these extra contents are only dependent on which tier you choose. You can also get them after release.
The complaint is not about preorder bonis or items - it's about fewer in game items for the standard version! Please see the different boxes in the store pages for the standard and premium editions: buying the standard edition you get the firehorn only. Buying the premium edition - at "only" 50 % surcharge - you get a few more items... so buying the standard game means you will obviously miss some game content...
Silverhawk170485: Are there any preorder bonuses? As I unterstand, these extra contents are only dependent on which tier you choose. You can also get them after release.
RainbowDragon: The complaint is not about preorder bonis or items - it's about fewer in game items for the standard version! Please see the different boxes in the store pages for the standard and premium editions: buying the standard edition you get the firehorn only. Buying the premium edition - at "only" 50 % surcharge - you get a few more items... so buying the standard game means you will obviously miss some game content...
Yeah. It is a bard skin. The rest you can find in the game. (The red boots DLC is a joke btw there is nothing in it, just to show that they are not going the way like other publishers.)

If the skin as preorder bonus is enough to don't buy the game, than this is very sad.

Baker myself I have such a fun with the remaster version of the old game right now.
RainbowDragon: The complaint is not about preorder bonis or items - it's about fewer in game items for the standard version! Please see the different boxes in the store pages for the standard and premium editions: buying the standard edition you get the firehorn only. Buying the premium edition - at "only" 50 % surcharge - you get a few more items... so buying the standard game means you will obviously miss some game content...
Arghmage: Yeah. It is a bard skin. The rest you can find in the game. (The red boots DLC is a joke btw there is nothing in it, just to show that they are not going the way like other publishers.)

If the skin as preorder bonus is enough to don't buy the game, than this is very sad.

Baker myself I have such a fun with the remaster version of the old game right now.
Thank you for this clarification but are you sure regarding "The rest you can find in the game"? Why would they sell these items with a separate (premium) version which costs 50 % more than the standard version if these items can still be found in the (standard) game? What's the difference between the game versions then?

I remember that e.g. for the buyers of the ultimate edition of "Dragon Age Origin" you also got some bonus items at the start of the game but if I remember correctly they were not available for other versions (you had to download them from the game website and install them after game installation).
game looks fun and i do like the series, will wait and see how the actual gameplay mechanics go, it could get old fast or be really fun