It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Tale as old as time.

The Bard's Tale IV: Barrows Deep, is now available for pre-order, DRM-free to GOG.com.
More than 100 years later, evil is back, as it tends to do. Pick one of four available classes (yes, you don't have to be a bard) and before you know it you're be crawling through cavernous dungeons or the legendary city of Skara Brae, solving puzzles, bopping beasties in a turn-based fashion and having a grand ol' time. Along with your party and your shiny gear, of course.

Fancy for some tasty extras?
Premium edition comes loaded with an Art Book, Songbook, digital novellas, several in-game items, and more.
Platinum also includes the game's soundtrack and if you're new to the saga, the Ultimate Edition will provide you with a copy of the remastered Bard's Tales Trilogy.
Can't wait!
Happy backer here, looking forward to play this one + remasters too :)
The game seems to have disappeared from all of our wishlists now that they're doing this "let's release better and more expensive versions" thing that Obsidian has been doing, and the new versions don't seem to show up on the wishlist either. Are they even doing that cheaper price for wishes promo anymore since they only had one price in mind back then?

EDIT: Seems that promo has ended.
Post edited September 13, 2018 by jcoa
to GOG:
1, I've already bought the Trilogy, so the Platinum edition would be identical to the Ultimate edition in my case, right?
2, Is there an upgrade path from the base game? If not, why not...? :)
Wonder when us backers can get the gog key.
Holy shit, 15 Euro price difference for the soundtrack alone?

How long is it, 2-3 hours? oO
Post edited September 13, 2018 by Anime-BlackWolf
The Remastered and Resnarkled update for The Bard's Tale is still missing for GOG over a year later.
https://www.gog.com/forum/the_bards_tale_series/the_bards_tale_remastered_and_resnarkled
https://forums.inxile-entertainment.com/viewtopic.php?p=193391
aluinie: Wonder when us backers can get the gog key.
Hey, I just opened my CrowdOx survey and found out you have to pick either Steam or GOG key in the same way as with the remastered trilogy.

Just go to your CrowdOx pledge, finalize the survey, and I guess keys will be in our email in 24 hours, just like remastered editions of a former trilogy.
Already 4 different editions... Hopefully there will be an upgrade path!
aluinie: Wonder when us backers can get the gog key.
Tarhiel: Hey, I just opened my CrowdOx survey and found out you have to pick either Steam or GOG key in the same way as with the remastered trilogy.

Just go to your CrowdOx pledge, finalize the survey, and I guess keys will be in our email in 24 hours, just like remastered editions of a former trilogy.
Thanks reopened the survey and selected gog key.
Can someone confirm Linux for GOG?

I don't trust rotating banner anymore XD
Post edited September 13, 2018 by Reglisse
Anime-BlackWolf: Holy shit, 15 Euro price difference for the soundtrack alone?
Actually it's worse. When you are not interested in the wallpapers and additional books the difference is even $30 as you cannot buy the soundtrack without them.
GOG.com: Pre-order: The Bard's Tale IV: Barrows Deep
No need to pre-order...I'm a backer. ;)
Anime-BlackWolf: Holy shit, 15 Euro price difference for the soundtrack alone?

How long is it, 2-3 hours? oO
I'd rather pay $15 for a CD's worth (up to 80 minutes) of decent music than for a handful of .JPGs and .PDFs and a few piddly in-game items, which seems to be all the difference there is between "Standard" and "Premium" editions. EDIT: Though there is also the issue that eiii mentioned a couple posts above this one.
More pointless still is the fact that they bothered to offer The Bard's Tale Trilogy ($14.99 on its own) as the sole benefit of the "Ultimate" edition over the "Platinum" (a $15 difference).
Post edited September 13, 2018 by HunchBluntley