It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Tale as old as time.

The Bard's Tale IV: Barrows Deep, is now available for pre-order, DRM-free to GOG.com.
More than 100 years later, evil is back, as it tends to do. Pick one of four available classes (yes, you don't have to be a bard) and before you know it you're be crawling through cavernous dungeons or the legendary city of Skara Brae, solving puzzles, bopping beasties in a turn-based fashion and having a grand ol' time. Along with your party and your shiny gear, of course.

Fancy for some tasty extras?
Premium edition comes loaded with an Art Book, Songbook, digital novellas, several in-game items, and more.
Platinum also includes the game's soundtrack and if you're new to the saga, the Ultimate Edition will provide you with a copy of the remastered Bard's Tales Trilogy.
Anime-BlackWolf: @HunchBluntley: 80 minutes pressed CD for 15 bucks? Yeah. 15 bucks for DIGITAL music only? Nope. Sorry.
-_- CDs are also "digital music only".
I mean, I take your meaning -- I wouldn't be inclined to pay the physical-CD retail price for an album of downloadable .MP3s, either (especially if there's no supplementary materials -- such as liner notes and cover art -- included). But it really should depend in large part on the quality and, to a lesser extent, quantity of the music, too, not just the sound quality (which certain people tend to fetishize).
TheGreatDustpan: The Remastered and Resnarkled update for The Bard's Tale is still missing for GOG over a year later.
https://www.gog.com/forum/the_bards_tale_series/the_bards_tale_remastered_and_resnarkled
https://forums.inxile-entertainment.com/viewtopic.php?p=193391
Yeah, that's troubling... So I guess our money's not good enough for them and we can fuck off...
So looking at the versions, the only difference between Platinum and Ultimate is the addition of Bards Tale Trilogy which on it's own costs £11.39.

Ultimate cost £63.99 less a £2 Fair Price Package, so £61.99. Platinum costs £51.99 less £1.60 FPP ; £50.39, so the difference in price is £11.60. It may only be pennies but it's still no incentive to lay out any extra cash for the top tier. You may as well buy the Ultimate package and wait until the Trilogy hits the sales.

Looking at the soundtrack, the difference between Platinum v Premium amounts to £17.40 (Platinum = £50.39 as calculated above less Premium = £32.99 (which has no FPP!) )

To put that in perspective, George Ezra's latest album is £8.99 for the digital download on Amazon and the latest Now... compliation, double CD is £10.49.

I'll be keeping my money until there's a steep discount.

So looking at the versions, the only difference between Platinum and Ultimate is the addition of Bards Tale Trilogy which on it's own costs £11.39.

Ultimate cost £63.99 less a £2 Fair Price Package, so £61.99. Platinum costs £51.99 less £1.60 FPP ; £50.39, so the difference in price is £11.60. It may only be pennies but it's still no incentive to lay out any extra cash for the top tier. You may as well buy the Ultimate package and wait until the Trilogy hits the sales.

Looking at the soundtrack, the difference between Platinum v Premium amounts to £17.40 (Platinum = £50.39 as calculated above less Premium = £32.99 (which has no FPP!) )

To put that in perspective, George Ezra's latest album is £8.99 for the digital download on Amazon and the latest Now... compliation, double CD is £10.49.

Post edited September 15, 2018 by LynetteC
LynetteC: So looking at the versions, the only difference between Platinum and Ultimate is the addition of Bards Tale Trilogy which on it's own costs £11.39.

I for one will only get the standard, and the trilogy when it comes out as I don't do pre-orders/tiered copies of the game, either you give it all up front or at least allow for an upgrade path later down the road!
Tarhiel: Hey, I just opened my CrowdOx survey and found out you have to pick either Steam or GOG key in the same way as with the remastered trilogy.

Just go to your CrowdOx pledge, finalize the survey, and I guess keys will be in our email in 24 hours, just like remastered editions of a former trilogy.
aluinie: Thanks reopened the survey and selected gog key.
I can confirm that my key just arrived today.
yep, got my backer key too.

damn, that was one good kickstarter. For the 20$ Early bird a few years ago, I now got wasteland 2, bard's tale 4 and the trilogy remastered. :D
I should probably back more games...
to GOG: (again!):
1, I've already bought the Trilogy, so the Platinum edition would be identical to the Ultimate edition in my case, right?
2, Will there be an upgrade path from the base game? If not, why not...? :)
Silverhawk170485: Are there any preorder bonuses? As I unterstand, these extra contents are only dependent on which tier you choose. You can also get them after release.
RainbowDragon: The complaint is not about preorder bonis or items - it's about fewer in game items for the standard version! Please see the different boxes in the store pages for the standard and premium editions: buying the standard edition you get the firehorn only. Buying the premium edition - at "only" 50 % surcharge - you get a few more items... so buying the standard game means you will obviously miss some game content...
I assume such content will eventually get unlocked for owners of the regular versions, or be made available via community patches, as happened in 1996 with Elder Scrolls: Daggerfall, which had 16 quests exclusive to owners of a special CompUSA version.

[url=http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Daggerfall:CompUSA_Special_Edition]http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Daggerfall:CompUSA_Special_Edition[/url]
Post edited September 17, 2018 by DeadlyRamon
Just received and activated my backer key.
Strange release time for a game that's supposed to come out on September 18th...countdown stops at 23:00 MEZ.
I mean - it is still the 18th, but why not match with the Steam release time?

Or did you guys just screw up the timer?
RainbowDragon: The complaint is not about preorder bonis or items - it's about fewer in game items for the standard version! Please see the different boxes in the store pages for the standard and premium editions: buying the standard edition you get the firehorn only. Buying the premium edition - at "only" 50 % surcharge - you get a few more items... so buying the standard game means you will obviously miss some game content...
DeadlyRamon: I assume such content will eventually get unlocked for owners of the regular versions, or be made available via community patches, as happened in 1996 with Elder Scrolls: Daggerfall, which had 16 quests exclusive to owners of a special CompUSA version.

[url=http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Daggerfall:CompUSA_Special_Edition]http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Daggerfall:CompUSA_Special_Edition[/url]
Well that's a nice thought and gives those who buy "only" the standard edition some hope to get all that stuff later!

After a few disappointments with other pre-ordered games I have just wishlisted this one and will wait for a while and check the reviews and buyer reactions after release date. (Ignoring the 2004 "Bard's Tale" game) a lot of old fans of the 1980s series have waited for a 4th part for almost 30 years - therefore waiting just a few more months until it is offered at a hefty discount during spring or summer '19 sales will not be that hard :-)
Wann kommt es endlich raus?
The game releases in ~2 hours and I still don't have my backer key. This should have been handled well ahead of release day.

inXile handled TToN backers poorly, too: Backers had to beg/demand to get the proper edition matching their pledge tiers, and the backer outfit pack was made available on Steam but not GOG - we had to wait and get it from the backer portal two weeks later.

I didn't pledge for Wasteland 3, and I won't be supporting inXile's future crowdfunding efforts since they seem to have no respect for the people who put down money years ahead of time to help fund their games.
Post edited September 18, 2018 by SeduceMePlz
DeadlyRamon: I assume such content will eventually get unlocked for owners of the regular versions, or be made available via community patches, as happened in 1996 with Elder Scrolls: Daggerfall, which had 16 quests exclusive to owners of a special CompUSA version.

RainbowDragon: Well that's a nice thought and gives those who buy "only" the standard edition some hope to get all that stuff later!

After a few disappointments with other pre-ordered games I have just wishlisted this one and will wait for a while and check the reviews and buyer reactions after release date. (Ignoring the 2004 "Bard's Tale" game) a lot of old fans of the 1980s series have waited for a 4th part for almost 30 years - therefore waiting just a few more months until it is offered at a hefty discount during spring or summer '19 sales will not be that hard :-)
I enjoyed that 2004 Bard's Tale (in name only) game primarily for its humor. I remember reading at the time that it was a poor port of a console game, but I quickly forgot about that during the scenes where a trio of goblins arrives and taunts the player character with a song while dancing like cast members of You Got Served.
DeadlyRamon: I enjoyed that 2004 Bard's Tale (in name only) game primarily for its humor. I remember reading at the time that it was a poor port of a console game, but I quickly forgot about that during the scenes where a trio of goblins arrives and taunts the player character with a song while dancing like cast members of You Got Served.
Those songs were just brilliant! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7rAnaKId3E
I just read about what hapened to telltale. If people don't support the developers we want to create games or just wait for steep discounts in the end we won't have the games we want. It's gettign retty bad studios are closing down and many is becoming scarce for the non Fortnite type games.