It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Sachys: [....]

Shall we go make a mess of foxworks lawn?! ;)
Hey, leave my lawn be, it's pristine! :p
eleve: It seems that new bundles have a gift button to the right of the Steam key. Old ones didn't and the Humble support page tells me that I am only allowed to pass on the entire bundle in that case...otoh, these "old" bundles (the one I am looking at as a test case is HumbleBundle 7 from 2012 or thereabouts) are not automatically redeemed and I am given a Steam key to then add each game manually.
Soooo...it would be possible to just pass on the Steam keys but is that legal at all? Or just a grey zone that could be used?
Let me try to answer your question. It is true that when you buy a bundle you get a set of keys that you can use. (I'm not talking about ownership, that's a different matter). "Use" means activate them or give them as gifts to others. Some bundle sellers have a "gift" button precisely for that, while others just give you the key.

The thing that Humble don't want us to do is to sell those keys as individual games. They give us the games at very low prices with the agreement to use them for ourselves. That's what I understand from the license agreement I signed when I joined the site.

So if you want to gift them, feel free to do as you like.
eleve: It seems that new bundles have a gift button to the right of the Steam key. Old ones didn't and the Humble support page tells me that I am only allowed to pass on the entire bundle in that case...otoh, these "old" bundles (the one I am looking at as a test case is HumbleBundle 7 from 2012 or thereabouts) are not automatically redeemed and I am given a Steam key to then add each game manually.
Soooo...it would be possible to just pass on the Steam keys but is that legal at all? Or just a grey zone that could be used?
phandom: Let me try to answer your question. It is true that when you buy a bundle you get a set of keys that you can use. (I'm not talking about ownership, that's a different matter). "Use" means activate them or give them as gifts to others. Some bundle sellers have a "gift" button precisely for that, while others just give you the key.

The thing that Humble don't want us to do is to sell those keys as individual games. They give us the games at very low prices with the agreement to use them for ourselves. That's what I understand from the license agreement I signed when I joined the site.

So if you want to gift them, feel free to do as you like.
Hurrah! A clear answer :) Thank you!
Cleaning up my bundles :)

From the Sid Meier bundle, I had the following duplicates that I'd like to gift to someone who might actually play them :)

Sid Meier's Civilization IV: The Complete Edition- gone
Sid Meier's Civilization V - gone
Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gods and Kings DLC - gone

Ask here and I trust the community to spot any bad apples :)

Due to a messup with the keys on my side, wy4786 ended up with Civ IV and V; phandom got the dlc

Enjoy :)
Post edited November 28, 2014 by eleve
madth3: You might think they should be governed by the same laws but that doesn't make it true. Terms of use are different from store to store and from country to country.

Anyway, not wasting more time on this.
Sachys: Same. The guy has just batted back my own point with a different (and non-existent) context).
Numpty.

Shall we go make a mess of foxworks lawn?! ;)
no i did not, and you and madth3 is just marking my words,psycial box etc ok not the entire world, but lawyers around the world is battling this, its far from finished.big companys i trying sqeese every drop of it.because this is how you can, borrow ,lend ,give ,buy ,listen, watch ,copy etc and they dont want you to do that.this is how you for example can see a cinema movie on youtube without beeing a criminal.or lend a cd to a friend to listen on.----digital content all----- different types of DRM. like phandom stated, what you can and what they dont want you to do. like i stated the later DRM Restricked.they block it.thats why DRM free is best and gog is best >P

and btw how nice of you calling me numpty.......thats how you end a conversations right. i didt know what it was. https://www.google.se/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=9&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CEkQFjAI&url=http%3A%2F%2Fen.wiktionary.org%2Fwiki%2Fnumpty&ei=DlF4VMWUIcmeywP0v4LADQ&usg=AFQjCNHXhu9EoCFvg1GZ_FHHawhBLvABgg&bvm=bv.80642063,d.bGQ
low rated
eleve: Cleaning up my bundles :)

From the Sid Meier bundle, I had the following duplicates that I'd like to gift to someone who might actually play them :)

Sid Meier's Civilization IV: The Complete Edition

Well, I love Civ V to death but a lot of people keep telling me Civ IV was even better, so I'd love to try it out!
But I'd suggest holding on a bit to see if someone who hasnt played any of them comes around to introduce them to the series. Either way, thanks a lot!
If anyone is Generous either one of these 3 games on Steam Sale:

Brothers in Arms: Road to Hill 30
F.E.A.R. Complete Edition
Metro 2033 Redux

I have questions for 2 of the games.

Is Brothers in Arms well optimized for modern PC. Especially is this game safe to alt tab?

Is Metro 2033 Redix more demanding than the original? I have a GTX 650 and the most demanding games I can play perfectly is Crysis 1 and Battlefield 3 and Skyrim with Sweet FX mod (I can play Battlefield 4 on Ultra but only with the resolution lowered to 720p to keep a stable framerate)
Post edited November 28, 2014 by Elmofongo

VanDerBass: Well, I love Civ V to death but a lot of people keep telling me Civ IV was even better, so I'd love to try it out!
But I'd suggest holding on a bit to see if someone who hasnt played any of them comes around to introduce them to the series. Either way, thanks a lot!
and while I am interested in C5, I don't wish to request it as I won a few games recently already and don't wish to test my luck too much right now

Would be nice however if people could help me get over the rep limit for a December giveaway though, I have to be over 15 rep for that, so it is just a little push, if I may ask for it.
joriandrake: Would be nice however if people could help me get over the rep limit for a December giveaway though, I have to be over 15 rep for that, so it is just a little push, if I may ask for it.
You already have 13rep, so just two more days being active in the forum and you'll reach it (of course I expect you'll not be getting negative rep)
;-)
Post edited November 28, 2014 by moonshineshadow
low rated
ah, forgot I get a rep every day, never mind then folks XD

Sid Meier's Civilization V
Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gods and Kings DLC

Hi,

I would really appreciate a copy of Civ V. I have never played a Civ game, but I have heard great things about Civ V and would really like to have a go at it. Thanks.
Post edited November 28, 2014 by wy4786

Sid Meier's Civilization V
Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gods and Kings DLC

wy4786: Hi,

I would really appreciate a copy of Civ V. I have never played a Civ game, but I have heard great things about Civ V and would really like to have a go at it. Thanks.
I think you should get to know the series :) One civ game (per PM) on its way to you :)

eleve: I think you should get to know the series :) One civ game (per PM) on its way to you :)
I am in for Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gods and Kings DLC . Thanks for giveaway !

eleve: I think you should get to know the series :) One civ game (per PM) on its way to you :)
Thanks! :)
low rated

Not in but +1 for your generosity to others:)
Post edited November 28, 2014 by vladek1999