It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

jjsimp: Edit: Why doesn't the italics work in the forum. I wanted to put that quote in italics, but it just showed [/i] on screen.
It doesn't like line breaks in the italics.

Which means you need to do it every line or just use an empty quote.
"The next update to the Wasteland 2 beta will be another sizeable ones. We are adding more content in the form of the missile silo map, an interesting location that is set to challenge your problem-solving skills. Here is a short description from Jeremy Kopman, the level designer on Silo. “Slashed across eastern Arizona is a deep, winding canyon that provides the only access to a vast, resource-rich valley. As if traversing the labyrinthine paths – full of vicious animals and sociopathic raiders – wasn’t hard enough, the area is controlled by a fanatical branch of the Servants of the Mushroom Cloud. These monks worship Titan, bringer of death by the Great Glow… and a live ICBM with a nuclear warhead. Too bad braving this deathtrap is your only way to reach your next mission target: Damonta.”
Post edited March 21, 2014 by Gydion
jjsimp: Edit: Why doesn't the italics work in the forum. I wanted to put that quote in italics, but it just showed [/i] on screen.
Gydion: It doesn't like line breaks in the italics.
Thanks, that looks much better.
New update: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/inxile/wasteland-2/posts/785332

Basically the same thing that was posted on the blog recently.
No word on if it will break saved games, but most likely it will. The only bad part of Beta Testing a game: restarting every time there is an update.
jjsimp: No word on if it will break saved games, but most likely it will. The only bad part of Beta Testing a game: restarting every time there is an update.
I keep restarting again I'll probably get burned out before the game launches. Think I'll try to load the save else I'll just wait for the full release.
hopefully more optimization too.
New screenie guys, I really love this one:
http://i4.minus.com/iwHabzw6KlyQ6.jpg
The hermit crabs using cars as shells.... awesome
Crosmando: The hermit crabs using cars as shells.... awesome
Car Crabs!
What game is that from?

Also if one of those crabs found an old tank as a shell.... beware!
Crosmando: What game is that from?

Also if one of those crabs found an old tank as a shell.... beware!
It says UFO Aftermath in the url so that's my bet.

Gah, the more updates they release from this game, the more enthusiastic I get. Cannot wait for the final release!
Yep, if you read the novella "All Bad Things" in LA there's acid-spewing giant mutant elephants, they were in a zoo when the apocalypse happened. Will be pretty cool if they're in the full game.
That must be near the Ag Center, it's too green for the rest of Arizona.

Took a long break from the game (2 Days), I am planning on playing tonight and can't wait for this workday/week to be over.

I hope with the new update they bring back grouping for everything including unlimited grouping for ammo. My inventory is always too long and messy after the Ag Center map.
Also, it would be nice to be able to share ammo from primary to secondary slot. I have a character that has the submachine and pistol skill, both use the same 9mm ammo. When I swap weapons, I have to manually move the ammo over to the other slot...quite irritating.
Post edited March 28, 2014 by jjsimp
For those that don't visit the WL2 forum, they posed a discussion in the forums on how to Strengthen the Charisma Attribute. It appears they have made a decision:

"Crazy amounts of discussion here!

There were some great points made about how many of the attributes affect combat. It was important to me to find a solution to Charisma that isn't focused in combat. This game has so much more to offer that I feel it would be a missed opportunity.

After reading through much of the discussion, I've narrowed down effects you will see from the Charisma attribute. First, it will have both party-based and individual implications. Your party's total charisma will be added together and displayed when necessary.

Party Based Application
Charisma of party is summed up for a single total value

Requirements for CNPCs to Join
Currently, there is no gates (hard or soft) outside of conversation/missions on whether a CNPC will decide to join you on your journey. Each CNPC will have their own Party Charisma requirement that must be met to recruit them. These are tied into their personality type. We are also adding a CNPC UI element that will give you a preview of the attributes and skills that CNPC has. If you currently have 7 party members, the CNPC UI will show the stats of your current CNPCs and the prospective CNPC so you can make a more informed decision on which one to dismiss.

Additional World Gains
We've have added (and will continue to add) additional side missions that wouldn't be available otherwise. You might be passing a Wastelander and due to a high party charisma, they will flag you down and ask for help.[/i]

Individual Charisma Application
Charisma is based on that specific rangers Charisma value[/i]

Bonus at Vendors
A great idea that I read (sorry for lack of credit...thread is LONG!) was that vendors can have a private or reserve stash. Based on your charisma level, they might offer up the ability to purchase items from this stash. It could be a commonly available item at a deep discount or even a brand new unique weapon, only available from her. Lots of great possibilities.

Additional XP gain for non-combat outcomes
If you peacefully solve a mission or handle a situation without combat, you'll be rewarded with a bonus to the XP earned from that mission. This came from the discussion on modifying amount of XP to next level. As stated above, I really wanted to make sure that this attribute didn't have combat focused gains and I believe this is a good way to solve it.

Skill Caps and Additional Benefits
On our list is to tie in attributes to skills. Some skills will be hard gated by attribute levels while others might get bonuses from the values of attributes. Charisma will tie into skills like Barter, the Ass Trio, Leadership and a few others.

Affects size of Leadership "Distance"
The new leadership skill will be in the next update. Among other things, the level of your Leadership skill will give other rangers a bonus to CtH if they're within range. Level of Leadership Skill = more bonus / Level of Charisma = more range for that bonus. Another great backer suggestion!

So there you have it. This implementation will not be in the next build but you can expect to see and play it very soon. Cheers to everyone for the lively debates and we'll have another Ranger Corner up later this week."
Post edited April 01, 2014 by jjsimp
New update guys:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/inxile/wasteland-2/posts/805857

"This beta update will include the first release of the Linux build, new merchant UI elements, the Missile Silo map, the Darwin Village map, an updated leadership skill, a few new enemies with unique AI (I dare you to get in combat with the suicide monks…), many additional balance tweaks, tutorial, lots of optimization and oh-so-much more. As always, we will put full patch notes up on our tumblr when the patch goes live."

Seems like the complaints on Codex worked well:
"Now let's talk development: at this stage we are working not just on beta builds and polishing those areas, but on tweaking the game's systems and taking lessons learned from beta feedback and applying them throughout the game. Every day our level designers are adding new touches and various levels of reactivity to the game. For example, in this next update you'll find major areas are now open to you right from the moment you leave Ranger Citadel, rather than being plot-gated."