It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
[This is a sticky post, it will be visible in every single page of this thread. It has been published in October 2020.]

Our moderation team decided not to take a side in the discussion since this giveaway thread was created by the community and, as long as there are no forum rules violated, is up to you, dear Gogers, to decide its fate. We will not set giveaway rules, edit the OP's post, nor lock the whole thread.

However, to make it easier for newcomers to understand the situation (about the OP being inactive and other), I will stick my own post right above the first one.

You are, of course, free to create new threads to start anew and make your own, clear rules. At the same time, please stay reasonable when crating them, as multiple new duplicates might make it even more confusing for many Gogers.

That being said, here you can find a post with dxenija's community poll to have better understanding of the situation: CLICK.

At the time of writing, open giveaway threads are:
- Massive Giveaways Blog (this one)
- Free (temporary) keys giveaway central topic.
- Updated Itch.io giveaways

Be nice to each other *flies away*
Post edited January 15, 2021 by ponczo_
BenKii: Wasteland 3 (RobotCache) is free for the next 13 days at this new store called RobotCache. I've never heard of them before but they claim it is the first digital game store that you can sell back your purchased digital games. They are client based so to play the game you will have to download their RobotCache client to download and play. Not sure if afterwards the files are DRM-Free so this will need further investigation.

https://join.robotcache.com/
I'm not sure that claim is entirely true. I suppose it is if you take it as the first to allow you to sell to other individuals at a price agreed between seller and buyer, which apparently is what it seems to do. However, at least Green Man Gaming was there first with the idea of allowing users to sell their games, the thing is that it only allowed them to do so by selling back to the store at some fixed prices, there was no marketplace.
Post edited July 07, 2023 by park_84
mrkgnao: Your comment seems to imply that the currency mining (not "data mining", which is something completely unrelated) is mandatory. I don't think that's the case. You can use the launcher for mining IRON if you want to, but you don't have to (I think it's disabled by default and you need to enable it, but I didn't try, as I don't use launchers) --- or you can just ignore it and buy games using conventional methods (which I didn't try either).
You're probably right, but the explanations are so unclear, even on their own site, that I won't install their shit, even for a free game.
mrkgnao: Your comment seems to imply that the currency mining (not "data mining", which is something completely unrelated) is mandatory. I don't think that's the case. You can use the launcher for mining IRON if you want to, but you don't have to (I think it's disabled by default and you need to enable it, but I didn't try, as I don't use launchers) --- or you can just ignore it and buy games using conventional methods (which I didn't try either).
MaxFulvus: You're probably right, but the explanations are so unclear, even on their own site, that I won't install their shit, even for a free game.
Understood. Just FYI, you do not need the client in order to claim the free game. You can do it directly from your browser. At the moment, I think you cannot download the game without the client, but I expect this will change in the future, when someone develops a command-line tool to do so, just as it has happened with steam and epic.
MaxFulvus: You're probably right, but the explanations are so unclear, even on their own site, that I won't install their shit, even for a free game.
mrkgnao: At the moment, I think you cannot download the game without the client
No, you can't. I just tried signing up and, in case anyone didn't know, they have more info about them after you hit the signup button. Don't know why they don't have a FAQ, About, Blog on their first page, but it's there after you hit that signup button and before you give any personal info.
As suspected, Robot Chache is a blockchain thing. So it's only a matter of time until your games all disappear when someone runs off with the money.
Post edited July 08, 2023 by BlackMageJ
high rated
BlackMageJ: As suspected, Robot Chache is a blockchain thing. So it's only a matter of time until your games all disappear when someone runs off with the money.
I really hate to contribute to this off-topic spam that has been cluttering this thread for the past few pages but I felt like chiming in here.

Depending on how the platform is designed, that may not be an option. Blockchain, when done the way it's supposed to be, makes things a lot fairer and more transparent. Robot Cache was founded by Brian Fargo, founder of inXile and before that, Interplay. Not exactly an unknown dude. The concept is to bring games back to the way they were before DRM made it impossible to sell your games after you finish them. That's not to say that games on Robot Cache are/will be DRM-free, which is unfortunate, but it's definitely a DRM scheme that I'm a lot more comfortable with since I'm not being required to permanently hold a game once I'm finished with it.

Unfortunately, a lot of people hold very ignorant and pessimistic ideas of what blockchain is all about. It's not entirely their fault, given the fact that we see so many dolts treating cryptocurrency/NFTs as some sort of investment thing. On the contrary, cryptocurrency is supposed to decentralize the financial system and reclaim financial autonomy for the individual, whereas NFTs are best when you look at how they CAN be used in the future, especially the tech behind them (such as smart contracts). Blockchain isn't evil, it's not a scam. The concern comes in when you get wannabes acting as if they're pro investors by "investing" in crypto when they're fundamentally misunderstanding the purpose of the tech.

So, that's all to say that people writing Robot Cache off because of its relation to blockchain need to take a look at what blockchain actually is about before doing so. If you choose to not take part in the platform, that's cool, but writing it off the moment you learn it has connections to blockchain tech is just silly.
BlackMageJ: As suspected, Robot Chache is a blockchain thing. So it's only a matter of time until your games all disappear when someone runs off with the money.
do you think blockchain = cryptocurrency?
JakobFel: I really hate to contribute to this off-topic spam that has been cluttering this thread for the past few pages
There's the massive giveaways discussion thread...
high rated
GOG - Free-Game --Betrayer: Link.
XPock free again on Indiegala...
high rated
Epic Games:

Train Valley 2 - Link

Train network simulator with a cartoonish 3d stylish design!
Build even more complex railway networks than ever before!
Building on the success of the original, you’ll get more of what you loved about the original and then some.
With increasingly difficult and complex puzzle challenges from local industries, the Valley has never felt so vast!
A new twist than your usual city builder

Features Single player only

Other ongoing giveaways:
nothing at the moment

Next time: Murder by Numbers
drxenija: Next time: Murder by Numbers
Next time: The Elder Scrolls Online
high rated
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1203220/NARAKA_BLADEPOINT/
https://store.epicgames.com/en-US/p/naraka-bladepoint
Free-to-play starting today.
drxenija: Next time: Murder by Numbers
Catac1ysm: Next time: The Elder Scrolls Online
Seems to have been taken down now :(
high rated
The Whisperer is free on GOG until July 17th, 1 PM UTC.