It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
[This is a sticky post, it will be visible in every single page of this thread. It has been published in October 2020.]

Our moderation team decided not to take a side in the discussion since this giveaway thread was created by the community and, as long as there are no forum rules violated, is up to you, dear Gogers, to decide its fate. We will not set giveaway rules, edit the OP's post, nor lock the whole thread.

However, to make it easier for newcomers to understand the situation (about the OP being inactive and other), I will stick my own post right above the first one.

You are, of course, free to create new threads to start anew and make your own, clear rules. At the same time, please stay reasonable when crating them, as multiple new duplicates might make it even more confusing for many Gogers.

That being said, here you can find a post with dxenija's community poll to have better understanding of the situation: CLICK.

At the time of writing, open giveaway threads are:
- Massive Giveaways Blog (this one)
- Free (temporary) keys giveaway central topic.
- Updated Itch.io giveaways

Be nice to each other *flies away*
Post edited January 15, 2021 by ponczo_
from RobotCache:

Torment: Tides of Numenera
Free until 10am (Pacific) August 22.

EDIT: removed the link since there's news that the RobotCache client would mine crypto.
Post edited August 10, 2023 by vlbastos
high rated
Epic Games:

Europa Universalis IV - Link

Europa Universalis is an award-winning grand strategy series and this is the fourth installment.
You can pick any nation and lead it from the Renaissance period to Revolution!
Rule your nation through the centuries in real-time.
Manage exploration, trade, warfare and diplomacy.
It is all within your control and by your decisions!
Trading system now has a dynamic interface and provides players an advanced option for negotiating.
Single player and multiplayer are both available.
This installment supports a cross-platform multiplayer system.
There is also coop multiplayer so you can challenge your friends on a battle of wits or work together against enemies.
Coop allows up to 32 players in managing one nation!
If you ever grow tired of the game, modding option is readily available for dedicated players!
Build your empire today and create your own history!

Features multiplayer and single player mode. This is a repeat

Orwell: Keeping an Eye on You - Link

Have you read George Orwell's 1984 novel?
Well, you will be excited to learn that the times have come
Big Brother is here!! And...it's you!
Watch everyone on your surveillance systems!
Track everyone's activity on their computers!
Are you the noisy type? Now it's your job to listen in every personal communication!
Seeing every photo being sent between chats! *ahem* mild NSFW
Because it is now your job to investigate everyone as national security
Time to solve crimes and identify terrorists!
Aren't you entertained?! Make George Orwell proud!

Features single player mode only!

Other ongoing giveaways:
Europa DLCs
Europa Universalis IV: Catholic Majors Unit Pack
Europa Universalis IV: Evangelical Majors Unit Pack
Europa Universalis IV: Songs of Yuletide

Next time: Dodo Peak and Black Book
Post edited August 10, 2023 by drxenija
MaxFulvus: Yu Crossing Animals (NSFW) is permanently free on GOG and Steam
Bridgekeeper: Free on GOG
South Scrimshaw, Part One
I'm pretty sure these are not giveaways. This is the wrong thread for it.

Anyway, Soul Valley on Indiegala just dropped.
high rated
Epic Games:

Dodo Peak - Link

Dodo Peak is a 3D classic arcade platformer
You play as a Dodo bird and your goal is to rescue your poor little babies
You must dodge the obstacles and dangers
Raging fireballs and boulders are falling down the mountain
Poisonous snakes are prowling around to bite you
Sounds scary, huh...but the game must go on
You must survive... for your babies!
Originally a mobile game on Apple's AppStore
So the graphic and style is very similar to some popular mobile games like Crossy Road
It makes a debut on joining a PC platform!

Features single player mode.

Black Book - Link

We have another mythology inspired game
This time, it is based on Slavic mythology
If any of you played Dark Dungeons, it is similar to that
The myth is a haunting tale of a young sorceress, who gave her life to serve the dark forces
Graphics has smoother textures than DD
Humans live along mythical beasts
Create a team with the beasts and fight your way through the world
To unlock secrets behind the dark forces
If you love Dark Fantasy RPGs, you might not want to miss out!

Features single player mode only!

Other ongoing giveaways:
World of Warships x Azur Lane: Free Welcome Pack
Honkai Star Rail

Edit: Added some free content for some F2Ps in case of interest

Next time: Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak
Post edited August 17, 2023 by drxenija
Gravity Den is free again on Indiegala.

And they also have an open alpha for Vorax.
Post edited August 20, 2023 by Cavalary
high rated
steam://install/1026420

WARSAW
Catac1ysm: steam://install/1026420

WARSAW
what is the purpose of your post? The game identified by your post, which can be accessed through the URL below, is not being given away.

====NOT A GIVEAWAY=====
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1026420/WARSAW/
====NOT A GIVEAWAY=====
Catac1ysm: steam://install/1026420

WARSAW
kdurham68: what is the purpose of your post? The game identified by your post, which can be accessed through the URL below, is not being given away.

====NOT A GIVEAWAY=====
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1026420/WARSAW/
====NOT A GIVEAWAY=====
At the time I posted, the game cost a lot of money. It could only be added using the link I provided. Now it has become available to everyone and in Steam itself for free.
Post edited August 23, 2023 by Catac1ysm
Catac1ysm: At the time I posted, the game cost a lot of money. It could only be added using the link I provided. Now it has become available to everyone and in Steam itself for free.
Is it the exactly same game as "Warsaw" but re-titled and now free or it has less content than "Warsaw"?
Catac1ysm: At the time I posted, the game cost a lot of money. It could only be added using the link I provided. Now it has become available to everyone and in Steam itself for free.
Lexor: Is it the exactly same game as "Warsaw" but re-titled and now free or it has less content than "Warsaw"?
Yes. It should be the same game.
Post edited August 23, 2023 by Catac1ysm
Catac1ysm: Yes. It should be the same game.
Thanks for the info. Too bad it has been delisted from GOG catalogue a few days ago. Maybe for a come back later ?
Post edited August 23, 2023 by MaxFulvus
Lexor: Is it the exactly same game as "Warsaw" but re-titled and now free or it has less content than "Warsaw"?
I dont own the original but it seems it got changes. Excerpt from their todays announcement on Steam
I dont include the link due some stupid rules...

Changing the game, the name and the price

[...]The new version of the game removes the strategic layer that we felt did not support the more narrative driven elements of the game, as well as adds new enemy characters, a new playable Hero and a Polish native narrator on top of numerous other text based additions and factual revisions.
All these changes deserve a new title of the game and we present to you WARSAW RISING: City of Heroes, that the game will from today be called.

But what’s most important is from today, WARSAW RISING: City of Heroes becomes a Free game. Available for everyone to download, enjoy and experience the Warsaw Rising as they never have before[...]
P.S: I take the chance to thank you Catac1ysm for always sharing with this community
You are a Great contributor, Please keep it up! :)
tag+: I take the chance to thank you Catac1ysm for always sharing with this community
You are a Great contributor, Please keep it up! :)
^^This :)
high rated
Epic Games:

Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak - Link

Fans of RTS already know the classic Homeworld series.
Now what is this 2016 entry that is crafted by Blackbird Interactive?
It sets place in a desert setting and is a prequel to the Homeworld series
Now you must deal with the dangers of sand and put your strategies to the test!
Will it stand on the shifting sand or will your usual approach sink into quicksand?
This masterpiece features the top down angle view that most RTS players are familiar with
And a beautifully crafted campaign for gamers who prefer to enjoy a story.
The story of Rachel S'jet who travelsthrough the dangerous deserts against all odds to complete her quest
Will Rachel and her people survive? Their fate depends on you
Whether you are a single player gamer or a multiplayer gamer,
Overall, this game will give you an enjoyable experience!

Features single player and multiplayer mode!

Other ongoing giveaways:
none at the moment

Next time: Cave Story+
high rated
tag+: [...]The new version of the game removes the strategic layer that we felt did not support the more narrative driven elements of the game, as well as adds new enemy characters, a new playable Hero and a Polish native narrator on top of numerous other text based additions and factual revisions.
Just to add some details.

The devs have transformed a RPG strategy game, one that provides different options for players to reach a goal, into a visual novel with one linear plotline. You're basically playing an animated manga now, which is nice for some gamers who just want to follow a story. But now mental exercise and analytical planning are no longer required anymore.
Originally, you would create your own team, avoid/confront hidden encounters and unlock skill perks on the skill tree that matched your strategic approach. It required time management with obstacles and mission timers and the task of strengthening your crew and defending your base. Now, you can sit back and watch a story about your character instead.
The removal of strategy and dynamic gameplay (i.e. gamers can make their own choices and craft their own story) will turn off numerous gamers, including people who paid for an engaging "choose your own path" game.

They made it free to play and replaced their entire product, making it different than what people paid for.
I'm not sure why they're destroying their game and their reputation.
They should have made the visual novel as a free to play product on a separate store page.

Another reason why DRM sucks. You never have full control over the game you buy
If you love the game and want to play the original, you should quickly buy it from GOG, save it on your PC and backups so no one can change it except for yourself.
https://gog.com/en/game/warsaw

Edit: Nvm, they already took down GOG's DRM-free version too.
Post edited August 24, 2023 by drxenija