It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
[This is a sticky post, it will be visible in every single page of this thread. It has been published in October 2020.]

Our moderation team decided not to take a side in the discussion since this giveaway thread was created by the community and, as long as there are no forum rules violated, is up to you, dear Gogers, to decide its fate. We will not set giveaway rules, edit the OP's post, nor lock the whole thread.

However, to make it easier for newcomers to understand the situation (about the OP being inactive and other), I will stick my own post right above the first one.

You are, of course, free to create new threads to start anew and make your own, clear rules. At the same time, please stay reasonable when crating them, as multiple new duplicates might make it even more confusing for many Gogers.

That being said, here you can find a post with dxenija's community poll to have better understanding of the situation: CLICK.

At the time of writing, open giveaway threads are:
- Massive Giveaways Blog (this one)
- Free (temporary) keys giveaway central topic.
- Updated Itch.io giveaways

Be nice to each other *flies away*
Post edited January 15, 2021 by ponczo_
It's really amazing to see how a lot of people these days have completely no understanding whatsoever of concepts like "free" or "ownership"...

The best thing would be to make a separate thread for games that come with a subscription so everyone can be happy. And also, merge "Free (temporary) keys giveaway central topic" and "Massive Giveaways Blog".
Post edited June 30, 2023 by solesurvivor83
solesurvivor83: And also, merge "Free (temporary) keys giveaway central topic" and "Massive Giveaways Blog".
That was suggested many times before and I don't think anyone would be against it - but the GOG moderators said they won't do it unless one of the two thread openers suggests it ...
solesurvivor83: It's really amazing to see how a lot of people these days have completely no understanding whatsoever of concepts like "free" or "ownership"...

The best thing would be to make a separate thread for games that come with a subscription so everyone can be happy. And also, merge "Free (temporary) keys giveaway central topic" and "Massive Giveaways Blog".
I'm aware that the Prime games are not free, but your proposal wouldn't make me happy, because I'd have to keep track of another thread, and I'd probably miss stuff as a result.

Edit: the point that mrkgnao was making, and that I was agreeing with, was that the Prime games feel free. I don't think that's as astonishing or as vacuous as you make it out to be.
Post edited June 30, 2023 by maxpoweruser
maxpoweruser: Edit: the point that mrkgnao was making, and that I was agreeing with, was that the Prime games feel free. I don't think that's as astonishing or as vacuous as you make it out to be.
Your mind is programmed to believe something that isn't true. Feelings can be very misleading that way.

I wouldn't have commented normally, but I've seen this over and over again in these threads while browsing for free games (here and elsewhere) and it was getting a bit annoying for me too. So again, if you pay for something, it's NOT free.

I bought a sandwich the other day and received a free cookie with it. But was it really free? Of course not! The cost of the cookie was included in the price of the sandwich. True story. Case closed.
solesurvivor83: The best thing would be to make a separate thread for games that come with a subscription so everyone can be happy. And also, merge "Free (temporary) keys giveaway central topic" and "Massive Giveaways Blog".
Already done for Amazon Prime years ago:
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/amazon_prime_games_and_drm

maxpoweruser: Edit: the point that mrkgnao was making, and that I was agreeing with, was that the Prime games feel free. I don't think that's as astonishing or as vacuous as you make it out to be.
solesurvivor83: Your mind is programmed to believe something that isn't true. Feelings can be very misleading that way.

I wouldn't have commented normally, but I've seen this over and over again in these threads while browsing for free games (here and elsewhere) and it was getting a bit annoying for me too. So again, if you pay for something, it's NOT free.
I really hate that Marketing deception has managed to fool so many people. I really hate how Marketing likes to redefine words that are only used that way in advertising speak.
solesurvivor83: Your mind is programmed to believe something that isn't true. Feelings can be very misleading that way.

I bought a sandwich the other day and received a free cookie with it. But was it really free? Of course not! The cost of the cookie was included in the price of the sandwich. True story. Case closed.
This is consistent with what I have been saying all along, which is that the Prime games are not free. The only thing confusing me is that you continue to argue a point which has already been won.

That being said, I reiterate that I have no objection to seeing the Prime games listed here.
slickrcbd: I really hate that Marketing deception has managed to fool so many people. I really hate how Marketing likes to redefine words that are only used that way in advertising speak.
Me too. And things go WAY deeper than that alone as well.

maxpoweruser: This is consistent with what I have been saying all along, which is that the Prime games are not free. The only thing confusing me is that you continue to argue a point which has already been won.
You're easily confused then. I'm not trying to win anything, I'm just pointing out the facts.

All that being said, I would also like to point out to the ones in charge here that it is not in my intention to go off topic in any way.
slickrcbd: I really hate that Marketing deception has managed to fool so many people. I really hate how Marketing likes to redefine words that are only used that way in advertising speak.
solesurvivor83: Me too. And things go WAY deeper than that alone as well.

maxpoweruser: This is consistent with what I have been saying all along, which is that the Prime games are not free. The only thing confusing me is that you continue to argue a point which has already been won.
solesurvivor83: You're easily confused then. I'm not trying to win anything, I'm just pointing out the facts.

All that being said, I would also like to point out to the ones in charge here that it is not in my intention to go off topic in any way.
Then feel free to move this discussion over here:

https://www.gog.com/forum/general/a_place_to_discuss_giveaways_epic_steam_ubisoft_and_all
high rated
For Any fellow busy user, Only 1 of the 20 messages about giveaways.

https://www.gog.com/game/beholder_2

No other giveaways today.
Is _Slaugh_ still around - not seen any posts for quite a while. Are his posts in a different thread now or has he stopped posting? I hope he's ok.
Engerek01: For Any fellow busy user, Only 1 of the 20 messages about giveaways.

Agreed, we need a separate discussion thread linked to this because man, this thread has been hit with off-topic arguments so many times over the past few months...
Engerek01: For Any fellow busy user, Only 1 of the 20 messages about giveaways.

JakobFel: Agreed, we need a separate discussion thread linked to this because man, this thread has been hit with off-topic arguments so many times over the past few months...
There is a discussion thread, (ø,ø) linked to it. Just like there are threads for everything else, Prime games, permanently free games that people choose to highlight, itch.io games, code dropping, you name it. People just don't use them, returning to a thread seen as "main". It was the very reason why this thread was created, after all, splitting from the Free (temporary) keys one, in hopes of making a clean one strictly for temporary (actual) freebies... Just that it became pretty much a copy of that thread and the cycle started over.
solesurvivor83: The best thing would be to make a separate thread for games that come with a subscription so everyone can be happy. And also, merge "Free (temporary) keys giveaway central topic" and "Massive Giveaways Blog".
slickrcbd: Already done for Amazon Prime years ago:
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/amazon_prime_games_and_drm
Strictly speaking that is not the right thread though.
That one is supposed to discuss DRM status of Amazon Prime games.

The thread (which very few people use) to discuss free Prime games is this:

https://www.gog.com/forum/general/current_games_included_in_amazon_prime_subscription
PixelBoy: Strictly speaking that is not the right thread though.
That one is supposed to discuss DRM status of Amazon Prime games.

The thread (which very few people use) to discuss free Prime games is this:

https://www.gog.com/forum/general/current_games_included_in_amazon_prime_subscription
Strictly speaking that thread seems to be dead. :p
Thread suggestions