It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Seegras: can you provide a source-repo as well?
Sorry, I don't plan currently to do other repos (neither source nor other flavours like Jessie/Sid).

Best option IMHO would be to submit lgogdownloader to the "official" Debian-Repos and maintain it actively there.
I don't have currently the resources to do that, so that someone else has to do this.
Is Alone In The Dark special - and if so, would it perhaps warrant some exceptions? Do you do exceptions?

It downloaded an extra 2.5G that I didn't want, namely the sequels in all their language and platform varieties. They are listed as extras for some reason..
Apparently Wasteland 2 has finally shown up for download in lgogdownloader, I have no idea why it is that it wasn't being made available.

One question, is there a way of downloading all the extras to a special set of directories without specifying one per type of extra? From the looks of it I can use %platform% to place Linux and Windows executables in specific directories, but with the extras I would be looking at a really long command where I have to specify where each type of extra goes.

Am I missing something or is that how that works?
I did not look at the source code for downloading the extras but I guess all the extras are tagged by the GOG API as "extras" but not as "soundtrack", "manual", "wallpapers" or such things.

It would work by matching filenames if extras (case insensitive!) by "gamename_extratype.zip" and expand the %extras% to %extra_wallpapers%, %extra_soundtracks% (= _ost, _soundtrack), %extra_avatars%, %extra_manuals%, %extra_artworks%, %extra_concept_arts%.

Note that some games have special extras (like Alone in the Dark, Amerzone, Amnesia: The Dark Descent, etc) which should be catched into the the %extra_special% which contain all "leftover" files not being matchted to the other stuff. These mostly contain stuff like newspaper, copy protection, alternate game versions, digital card printouts etc.

I have another, unrelated request:
Would it be too much work to download the game cover from the shelf and put it into the game directory for the Windows Explorer as a folder picture (folder.jpg/png)?

Getting the screenshots for a game from the game card would be neato too (putting them as screenshot_0 ... xx.jpg in the game directory).
I finally realized that it was easier to just split the process up into an additional step and manually set the base directory for the extras like:
lgogdownloader --download --no-installers --platform 1 --language 1 --directory /path/to/directory
That way, I get all the extras in their own directory so that I can more easily back them up separately. It would be nice to have a more efficient way of doing it, but this seems to work just fine.
mashppps: Sorry, I don't plan currently to do other repos (neither source nor other flavours like Jessie/Sid).
Then please post the debian-directory somewhere, so when somebody else wants to package it, he doesn't have to do the same thing twice.
Something else.

I've got quite a lot of games from gog. Now I'd like to check all the old ones whether something has changed, if yes, download it, if something broke, repair it. And download all the new ones, and create xml files for them.

But

lgogdownloader --create-xml automatic --repair --platform 5 --download --game all

takes a loong time, since it really checks everything. Isn't there a faster way to achieve above goal?
Post edited October 11, 2014 by Seegras
Seegras: Then please post the debian-directory somewhere, so when somebody else wants to package it, he doesn't have to do the same thing twice.
I went the lazy route with this one and used "checkinstall" - so there's nothing I can share.
Post edited October 11, 2014 by mashppps
9235ee8 Add support for caching game details

Helps with large libraries when running the downloader multiple times.
Getting game details for many games takes a long time. Caching the game details makes the process much faster for subsequent runs.

Game details are cached to "$XDG_CACHE_HOME/lgogdownloader/gamedetails.json"
--update-cache creates and updates the cache.
--use-cache enables loading game details from cache.
--cache-valid specifies how long cached game details are considered valid
Sude: 9235ee8 Add support for caching game details

Helps with large libraries when running the downloader multiple times.
Getting game details for many games takes a long time. Caching the game details makes the process much faster for subsequent runs.

Game details are cached to "$XDG_CACHE_HOME/lgogdownloader/gamedetails.json"
--update-cache creates and updates the cache.
--use-cache enables loading game details from cache.
--cache-valid specifies how long cached game details are considered valid
So... if I wanted to just do my usual stuff but benefit from the cache, is there a combination of those that I can add to config.cfg or is this like --repair where I'd have to hold LGOGDownloader's hand when all I want is "When you exit, there should exist a a non-corrupt copy of the requested stuff in the target location, regardless of what you started with. Use a reasonable mix of tricks to minimize bandwidth and time taken."?
Post edited October 16, 2014 by ssokolow
I upgraded my systems to Ubuntu 14.04.1. Now running lgogdownloader gives me the following error:

lgogdownloader: error while loading shared libraries: libboost_system.so.1.53.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

What should I do? My system says libboost is installed properly.
ssokolow: So... if I wanted to just do my usual stuff but benefit from the cache, is there a combination of those that I can add to config.cfg
Add "use-cache = true" to config file (or run "lgogdownloader --use-cache --save-config")
Create a cache with "lgogdownloader --update-cache"
Subsequent runs will use the cache until the time specified with --cache-valid is reached
When cache is no longer considered valid it will tell you to run --update-cache again

Elwro_RPGCODEX: I upgraded my systems to Ubuntu 14.04.1. Now running lgogdownloader gives me the following error:

lgogdownloader: error while loading shared libraries: libboost_system.so.1.53.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

What should I do? My system says libboost is installed properly.
Your boost libraries probably updated. Recompiling the downloader should fix this.
ssokolow: So... if I wanted to just do my usual stuff but benefit from the cache, is there a combination of those that I can add to config.cfg
Sude: Add "use-cache = true" to config file (or run "lgogdownloader --use-cache --save-config")
Create a cache with "lgogdownloader --update-cache"
Subsequent runs will use the cache until the time specified with --cache-valid is reached
When cache is no longer considered valid it will tell you to run --update-cache again
Having to do explicit --update-cache runs isn't exactly " if I wanted to just do my usual stuff but benefit from the cache".

I was hoping there'd be some "set it and forget it" option similar to HTTP caching in libraries like CacheControl for the Python Requests library. (With CacheControl, you just initialize it with a "where should cache be stored?" configuration and then use Requests exactly the same way you already were.)

For LGOGDownloader, I was imagining something where, if the cache is missing or expired or if nothing matches the filter regex, it automatically does an --update-cache run before executing the desired operation.
Post edited October 18, 2014 by ssokolow
ssokolow: Having to do explicit --update-cache runs isn't exactly " if I wanted to just do my usual stuff but benefit from the cache".

I was hoping there'd be some "set it and forget it" option similar to HTTP caching in libraries like CacheControl for the Python Requests library. (With CacheControl, you just initialize it with a "where should cache be stored?" configuration and then use Requests exactly the same way you already were.)

For LGOGDownloader, I was imagining something where, if the cache is missing or expired or if nothing matches the filter regex, it automatically does an --update-cache run before executing the desired operation.
Originally I was going to make it automatically update the cache but it had some problems due to how some things are currently working on the downloader and changing those would require rewriting large part of the code. Yet another reason I really should rewrite the code if I ever have the time to do so.
There are couple of workaround methods for automatically updating the cache that might work but I haven't had the time to write any code yet.
Post edited October 18, 2014 by Sude
ssokolow: Having to do explicit --update-cache runs isn't exactly " if I wanted to just do my usual stuff but benefit from the cache".

Sude: Originally I was going to make it automatically update the cache but it had some problems due to how some things are currently working on the downloader and changing those would require rewriting large part of the code. Yet another reason I really should rewrite the code if I ever have the time to do so.
There are couple of workaround methods for automatically updating the cache that might work but I haven't had the time to write any code yet.
With that and --repair, it really does sound like the current architecture is holding you back.
Seegras: can you provide a source-repo as well?
mashppps: Sorry, I don't plan currently to do other repos (neither source nor other flavours like Jessie/Sid).

Best option IMHO would be to submit lgogdownloader to the "official" Debian-Repos and maintain it actively there.
I don't have currently the resources to do that, so that someone else has to do this.
lgogdownloader is now in sid and jessie, and should end up in Ubuntu 15.04.