It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

1) Go to the last read comment (in a specific thread)

May be hard to do - how does the system know, which comment I read last?

- A least, grey out the pages, that I have already read - like you do already on the community main page.

2) Better Search-function.

3) Since I don't care for the 'rep' - Get rid of it - completely!
No, I mean it! Seriously! - Delete all the 'rep' and the stars, too! Nobody's going to miss'em, anyway.

What do you mean - No!?
Too radical for your liking?
Well, then at least:

3a) Get rid of the [-]-Button.

I mean, really - what is that thing good for?
Apart from hiding unwanted posts and upsetting people?
Exactly - nothing!

So, let the [+]-Button, and give us a seperate [hide]-Button and a seperate [report post]-Button.

The [hide]-Button is an absolute must have, and the [report post]-Button must open up a input-window, in which the 'reporter' has to state the exact reason, why he reports that post.

That way, the 'reporter' cannot affect other people in a negative way, by simply clicking on a button.

And - even more important - his own account will be connected to the report - making it harder, if not impossible - to hassle others, without being held accountable.

This gets especially important, when there is no reason for the reporting - because that can (should?) bear negative consequences for the 'reporter'.
A_Future_Pilot: In addition to many of the other things already said, I have three suggestions:

1. Add the ability to send PMs without finding the person's name in the forum.

2. Disable the 10-minute post-merge functionality (or at the least make it an option).

3. Allow editing of thread titles by users (with obviously the ability for mods to lock it if someone continues to add profanity or something to a title).
This, soooo much this! Who's idea was this anyway?!?
The 3rd suggestion is also very good!

But I don't know what to think of the 2nd suggestion...if you realy want to attract attention to your edit, USE BOLD or something :)
This.
HGiles: Totally agree. There needs to be social feedback.

Honestly, the vast majority of complaints I've seen about 'rep abuse' were people saying something offensive and then whining when people got upset. They were surprised that others were offended.

Well, welcome to interacting with other people. Sometimes, you're going to be tired/hungry/not thinking and act like a jerk. Take the lumps and get over it. Don't try to disable the feedback mechanism. The problem isn't t the rep system, the problem is the bad post.

If the mods are being flooded with PMs about it, that's a problem because they need to do their other work. But I really don't think there's any actual problem with the rep system.
If there isn't a "user ignore" function for posts AND threads, downvote should stay. A very time-saving and economical alternative to "eat all the dicks and go live in a fire". Ignored threads shouldn't show up at all, ignored posts should inform the user there is in fact an interstitial post, without showing the contents and the username.

Break up General into gaming and non-gaming.

To put it super frankly: the forums are turning to shit, with a clique of idiots (users, not mods) running the show and presenting themselves as the face of the community. Said idiots are flourishing under the current system (and are whining about it anyway). As such, I don't imagine getting rid of reputation scores will improve the community for visitors, but a solid ignore function will filter out the shit for me personally, and that'll be an improvement for me personally.
Separate forums for;
GOG stuff (news, updates etc.)
Gaming GOG games
Gaming off-topic
Gaming on-topic
General off-topic
Giveaways
So that people can find the exact type of forum they are after without having to trudge through pages of things they do not want to see.

There should be a change to the rep system.
Up rep should be kept so people can show appreciation for things they like
Down rep should go as it is abused too much. Maybe a button to report unlikable content instead.
high rated
ET3D: Another thing, I like the notification about reply posts, but would appreciate if the post link lead to it, instead of just to the thread.
ET3D: Another thing, I like the notification about reply posts, but would appreciate if the post link lead to it, instead of just to the thread.
It already does if you make the right click-choice. When you have a new reply to any of your posts, there's the nut-icon (see attached pic) right at the end of the thread title both on the main page of the forum (General or game specific) and on your My Posts page. Clicking on that icon takes you directly to the reply-post.

You can see a visual explanation of the various nut-icons and other forum symbols at the bottom of the General forum main page.
Attachments:
I am no doubt one of the 'idiots' that Starmaker is referring too and it is a totally valid point but the other day I got low rated for saying 'Z' would be a great game to have here. Did I care? No, but it is obviously a sign of neg abuse.

As for the rest of that, I am going to make a conscious decision to tone it down a little because lately I'm starting to annoy even myself. I hope that helps a little and the actual rep a abuse won't get lost in all the needless bitching and moaning.
Post edited April 20, 2014 by tinyE
Some other thing that I would suggest is more monitoring tn the threads cause some people just want to argue over meaningless stuff in every god damn thread.
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/nongog_gifting_thread/page407

Also if you guys could implement some kind of trading feedback system we could avoid scammers like him plaguing other members.

http://www.gog.com/forum/general/classifieds_list_of_reported_scammers_avoid_them/page1
Post edited April 21, 2014 by Zurvan7
011284mm: Separate forums for;
Gaming GOG games
Gaming off-topic
Gaming on-topic
General off-topic
Giveaways
So that people can find the exact type of forum they are after without having to trudge through pages of things they do not want to see.

Down rep should go as it is abused too much. Maybe a button to report unlikable content instead.
Thanks a lot. Can you reply to this just so I can check it?
Yeah I have lost a bit of rep. I was at I think 112 or 113, then came back a couple days later and it was 107 or so. Can't imagine why. I don't believe I've ever been disrespectful. I've asked for I think two games in the correct gifting thread, won a giveaway and have gotten several ninja codes. I have always been polite and thankful (even when not winning or even trying to win) and have gifted a few games myself when I could. It seems pretty obvious that someone is just going around derepping people in certain threads.

I think removing the rep system and instead having a post count with the ability to search for a particular users posts would be good. The regulars (gifters and otherwise) would know who was a decent forum member and who wasn't.
marsrunner: Yeah I have lost a bit of rep. I was at I think 112 or 113, then came back a couple days later and it was 107 or so. Can't imagine why. I don't believe I've ever been disrespectful. I've asked for I think two games in the correct gifting thread, won a giveaway and have gotten several ninja codes. I have always been polite and thankful (even when not winning or even trying to win) and have gifted a few games myself when I could. It seems pretty obvious that someone is just going around derepping people in certain threads.

I think removing the rep system and instead having a post count with the ability to search for a particular users posts would be good. The regulars (gifters and otherwise) would know who was a decent forum member and who wasn't.
Yup same here. I remember giving away a game, and having worse rep than before giving something away.
high rated
-- In light of a recent scam of three people in The Classifieds thread (posts #10655, #10657, #10659 and #10683), and
-- given that banned accounts can still use the PM system, and
-- seeing how my questioning GOG Support about retaining PM rights in such cases goes unanswered for months now,

I've added a suggestion/ request to strip banned accounts from the privilege of PM-ing others in my initial post in this thread.

EDIT: and more member revealed that they got scammed by the same person (The_maestro27).
Post edited April 20, 2014 by HypersomniacLive
Gaming GOG games
Gaming off-topic
Gaming on-topic
General off-topic
Giveaways

Personally, I think two are fine: general gaming and offtopic.

@ ET3D: yeah, tagging would be a cool alternative to subforums, too, actually.
Post edited April 20, 2014 by cmdr_flashheart
Gaming GOG games
Gaming off-topic
Gaming on-topic
General off-topic
Giveaways

ET3D: Thanks a lot. Can you reply to this just so I can check it?
You wanted post 200 I believe, but this post should help you to check the reply system. :)

cmdr_flashheart: Personally, I think two are fine: general gaming and offtopic.
I can see that working, I was just thinking about how many different types of post we get and trying to make them easier to find amoungst eachother.
It falls to GOG how they wish to implement sub forums and even if they will.
Post edited April 20, 2014 by 011284mm
011284mm: You wanted post 200 I believe, but this post should help you to check the reply system. :)
Thanks. I see how it works now, and I'm very happy to know about this. Pity I missed this feature before.

cmdr_flashheart: Personally, I think two are fine: general gaming and offtopic.
011284mm: I can see that working, I was just thinking about how many different types of post we get and trying to make them easier to find amoungst eachother.
It falls to GOG how they wish to implement sub forums and even if they will.
I like the forum like it's now. It may be easy to miss some posts, but I would rather have a tag system than partition the forum into sub-forums. Let posters mark posts as a gaming subject or giveaway, and let readers of the forum filter posts with certain tags. That can easily emulate sub-forums (for example show only gaming tag posts, in which case new posts while the filter is active could add that tag automatically), but could also allow filtering out giveaways, for example, as well as reading everything together like today.
tinyE:
"Annoy" me via the PM button instead! :)