It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

yogsloth: [...]A few days ago I received a trade inquiry from user AcidFlux, looking for the three Spellforce 2 games in the promo, asking what he could trade for them. I gifted them to him instead - telling him he could return the favor later. He expressed many thanks, and said that he would give them to his son as a gift. (see attachment Con 1)

But then, afterwards, he posted a trade list here, that included all three games. I inquired about it (see attachment Con 2) and you can read his explanation... it was that he didn’t actually have those codes, but he would buy them if someone wanted to trade Steam credit for them.
[...]
So, it appears AcidFlux took my gift and traded it to another user for Steam gems…
[...]
Not cool.
Yes, no worries from me about ne_zevarj, other than the general tackiness of asking for gifts.
Great . Now my name is in the scammer's thread . :(
Wouldn't be fair to invite AcidFlux here, so he can tell us his side of the story? I think that way there will be no room for misunderstandings. ;-)

Edit: some typo & changed some words
Post edited December 23, 2014 by Vythonaut
ne_zavarj: Great . Now my name is in the scammer's thread . :(
I don't think anyone is going to think you're a scammer though.
Nah don't worry! A few pages ago, you could understand a post like Momo was a scammer because of the strange way someone posted :D All regular gog users know how to read the stuff here in the right way :-)
Post edited December 23, 2014 by moonshineshadow
If anyone is to worried, it's not you, though.
yogsloth: If anyone is to worried, it's not you, though.
... can you be sure that AcidFlux and ne_zavarj aren't one and the same user?
apehater:
ne_zavarj has done a lot for this community, as well as giving many games away. You just haven't been here long enough to see:)
I recall that AcidFlux caught me off guard last week. I won Neverwinter Nights 2 from Impaler26 in a giveaway on the 13th and redeemed it that day. He contacts me on the 15th asking if I would trade for it and links to his trade thread, without any other details. In my opinion I don't think it's right to take a game won from a contest and use it to bargain for something else. I responded that I had already redeemed it, and the next time he contacts me is on the 21st to enter the contest he just opened. At least by my own encounter I don't know if I would call him a scammer so much as opportunistic, but the community can make of this as it will.
Bloop
Post edited December 24, 2014 by MunkiSiren
Momo1991: So I happen to be the "person above" your post. Are you suggesting that I scammed you?Considering that I am personally holding hundreds and hundreds of dollars worth of GOG codes for the 2014 GOG Secret Santa, I think you might consider being a bit more "specific" when you are naming names...

Good luck with the forum but you might consider a better sense of clarity in your messaging going forward ;-p

~Note: Momo is getting pretty pissed off with stupid commentary lately. Maybe it's a full-time, stressful job plus hosting a major "event" combined with "the season" but seriously, you peeps need to freaking "read" your posts before hitting the submit button. Just an idea, huh?
Eff me... IT IS "their" NOT "there"...

~Seriously, silmwarem, did you go to English class? This thread is full of accusations that name names. I am accusing you of bad grammar just on general principle (and a principal is generally the head of a school, while a principle is having some common sense about behavior) - apparently your behavior has caused me to lose all sense of them (principles that is). ;-p
Momo1991: Thanks guys - just lost three rep points in five minutes for being honest about stupid forum behavior.

It's not like I haven't spent ALL of my gaming time hosting a forum event for goglodytes over the past month but I get ostensibly named as a scammer by a cretin that can't read this thread, get a bit pissed off and now you're down repping me...

yeah, I need to get a life beyond this place. Xmas day and I am outta here for a break from the holiday idiocy.

~make that four - not that I even freaking give a good crap about rep. Pointless points like "Steam badges"... derep away! Make my day!

Hey, don't read relentless posts from peeps that spent their time trying to help you know how not to get scammed and then come here to complain without naming any names - good luck with that. ~sigh~
Momo1991: As the mother of MAHAYO and "rep is dead", I can definitively state that I really don;t care about rep at this point in my GOG career. If I did, I'd probably still be doing massive GA's and my >600 games gifted would have grown massively in the past six months. Instead I am just usually cruising the forum to chat with a few peeps, make a few new friends and rarely hosting an event because I actually enjoy the challenge.
Wow Momo...I am amazed that amidst the hoard of sycophants there isn't a single dissenting voice to say: hey Momo are you okay? It appears to me that you have deeply personalised one obscure comment, reacted quite harshly, and have then proceeded to spout some really condescending 'holier than thou' rubbish. I've highlighted your commentary in an attempt to put it in perspective. To those who questioned the down-repping, I would posit that it has far more to do with being unnecessarily nasty than for "being honest about stupid forum behaviour."

You've got some amazing qualities Momo that I too like to hold dear - generosity, sensitivity, compassion - and at times in heated moments(Momonts? :P) I forget these ideals. You seem to be forgetting the parts of who you are that make you shine and from what you have written, that appears to be self-induced stress from overloading yourself.

Take a breath and remember this time of year is meant to be a time of goodwill and caring :)
Momo1991:
Tarnicus: Wow Momo...I am amazed that amidst the hoard of sycophants there isn't a single dissenting voice to say: hey Momo are you okay? It appears to me that you have deeply personalised one obscure comment, reacted quite harshly, and have then proceeded to spout some really condescending 'holier than thou' rubbish. I've highlighted your commentary in an attempt to put it in perspective. To those who questioned the down-repping, I would posit that it has far more to do with being unnecessarily nasty than for "being honest about stupid forum behaviour."

You've got some amazing qualities Momo that I too like to hold dear - generosity, sensitivity, compassion - and at times in heated moments(Momonts? :P) I forget these ideals. You seem to be forgetting the parts of who you are that make you shine and from what you have written, that appears to be self-induced stress from overloading yourself.

Take a breath and remember this time of year is meant to be a time of goodwill and caring :)
Interesting that of ALL the people to comment in such a manner, it would be the father of "scammer" hunting. As someone that tends to post pages of vitriol when someone pisses you off, I'm a bit shocked that you are calling me out for getting upset.

Hey, I am who I am - I get upset and I say what is so for me no matter what "time of year" it is. Is this really a time of goodwill and caring? Why isn't every day a time of goodwill and caring? I'd suggest that this time of year tends to bring out the worst in most people due to heightened expectations of "good will and caring".

So here's the deal - I wrote what I wrote cause the guy was being a bit, um, shall we be nice and simply say "dumb"? I didn't really think he was naming me or that anyone who has spent five minutes on this forum would ever consider me a scammer...but rather that he didn't take the time to read what this thread was about before posting.

Heck, I gifted a crapton of games to one of the biggest leechers ever to grace this forum. You even called me out for being too gullible and too nice to people. Now you're telling me I'm too stressed and angry... and doing it publicly when a PM asking "Hey, you ok?" would have been a lot less "stop being an ass, Momo" cause gee your post made me feel so much better, so much less stressed out and much calmer...thanks ;-D
high rated
Momo1991: Interesting that of ALL the people to comment in such a manner, it would be the father of "scammer" hunting. As someone that tends to post pages of vitriol when someone pisses you off, I'm a bit shocked that you are calling me out for getting upset.
Yes I have indeed been a dick in multiple ways on multiple occasions using multiple definitions of the word, and I do still enjoy a bit of detective work. Why just this morning I managed to nab a code from a Playfire thread I stumbled upon, and given that I am not registered to the site, I wished to thank the person. So I hunted them down via Steam, which pleasantly surprised them and we ended up having a lovely conversation and found out that they use GOG too. I guess the point of that irrelevant story is that you are indeed correct in your above assertions and that I wanted to get a chance to say "but now I am using my God-given dick powers for good." Okay that sounds better in my head :D By all means call me out publicly or privately or via smoke signals if I am being a dick in the less pleasant meaning of the word :)

Momo1991: Hey, I am who I am - I get upset and I say what is so for me no matter what "time of year" it is. Is this really a time of goodwill and caring? Why isn't every day a time of goodwill and caring? I'd suggest that this time of year tends to bring out the worst in most people due to heightened expectations of "good will and caring".
I can relate to that issue well and truly. I find that speaking my mind when upset often results in more harm than good. It is a lesson that is slowly sinking in.

Momo1991: So here's the deal - I wrote what I wrote cause the guy was being a bit, um, shall we be nice and simply say "dumb"? I didn't really think he was naming me or that anyone who has spent five minutes on this forum would ever consider me a scammer...but rather that he didn't take the time to read what this thread was about before posting.
"I am new to this site" sums it up in silmwaren's first sentence. Even if that is untrue, a pleasant greeting or kind word will go a lot further than insulting someone's intelligence or your assumption that someone is lacking intelligence based upon the criteria of writing "I can personally state that the person above tried to scam me" or their grammar skills.

If you didn't think that silmwaren was naming you, why did you contradict yourself with "I get ostensibly named as a scammer by a cretin that can't read this thread, get a bit pissed off and now you're down repping me..."? Why did you feel the need to be so vitriolic over a perceived slight? Rep is dead remember, so no need to be pissed off over that :P

Momo1991: Heck, I gifted a crapton of games to one of the biggest leechers ever to grace this forum. You even called me out for being too gullible and too nice to people. Now you're telling me I'm too stressed and angry... and doing it publicly when a PM asking "Hey, you ok?" would have been a lot less "stop being an ass, Momo" cause gee your post made me feel so much better, so much less stressed out and much calmer...thanks ;-D
I said you "appear" to be overloaded from self-induced stress. You told me that you were stressed and your tone comes across as angry.

"~Note: Momo is getting pretty pissed off with stupid commentary lately. Maybe it's a full-time, stressful job plus hosting a major "event" combined with "the season" "

"yeah, I need to get a life beyond this place. Xmas day and I am outta here for a break from the holiday idiocy."
Stop being an arse Momo. Is that better? You have the benefit of a belonging to a community where you are well known, loved and respected. A newcomer enters and is greeted with your ranting and...well swap shoes for a moment.
high rated
Momo1991: Hey, I am who I am - I get upset and I say what is so for me no matter what "time of year" it is.
Lets pull a Momo....I'm upset and you're being a bitch!

Just cause you're upset and say what you want there's no reason to be a complete bitch about it . That old saying is good "if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all." but I like " If you can't say something nicely then wait till you can".
Really how would you like it and feel if someone went off about how stupid and dumb you were?