It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

madth3: we can't have backup pictures given the current bug in the forums
actually... it appears to be fixed...
Attachments:
yarp.jpg (192 Kb)
Sachys: [..]
beard eyes, all rights reserved XD
Sachys: That predates this (as posted just a while ago by Grargar)

http://www.gog.com/forum/general/known_scammers/post1594
I am sorry, I did not see that.
Post edited January 02, 2015 by Xardas722
Sachys: That predates this (as posted just a while ago by Grargar)

http://www.gog.com/forum/general/known_scammers/post1594
Xardas722: I am sorry, I did not see that.
no worries!
low rated
There was more to it at the time. In one thread, when begging for a game he talked about not having enough money to buy it and the only thing he had to trade was WItcher 1. Then out of the blue, he had Arcanum to giveaway (which wasn't a trade option apparently). He pulled a lot of shady shit back then, but again, all this was prior to his admission and alleged subsequent reform.

Personally, this is why I just use a default clause of naughty or nice. If someone wins in my giveaways, I do a bit of research. It's on a sliding scale. Theoretically, better prizes, I accept fewer shenanigans. Weaker prizes, it takes very little to qualify, as little as one informative post. Although I think I've only re-rolled once (someone with low rep and the only searchable posts were "I'm in" giveaways or begging). And once I rescinded a gift when it was not redeemed for almost a week.

At some point, one can do enough to be considered reformed. Some people *coughWakalocough* would probably have to give away 100 GoG games in a hundred days to offset his misdeeds. At the end of the day, it's up to each giver what they choose to accept in terms of reform.
RWarehall:
I think wankalot will likely have to do something far worse than that - probably involving some horrific act with a randy bear, sandpaper and... well, lets not ruin the surprise for him eh?! ;)
BTW, finally uploaded my pics here now that the forum software is working again.

I'm not really interested in pursuing this any further; just putting it here for the sake of completion.
yogsloth: BTW, finally uploaded my pics here now that the forum software is working again.

I'm not really interested in pursuing this any further; just putting it here for the sake of completion.
It's unfortunate what happened, but that was really fishy... The typical action of a very opportunist person :(
I wouldn't call him an scammer, but so far from what I've seen about him until today, AcidFlux acts (or tries to act) very friendly in public, but then he can do some acid things when he's not, like a double-faced person. It's a shame. It seems his problems in real life (as seen in his giveaway) were real and have affected his personality, or vice-versa...

Of course I don't wish him bad, but a little honesty wouldn't be bad, would be?
Post edited January 06, 2015 by Azrael360
yogsloth: BTW, finally uploaded my pics here now that the forum software is working again.

Azrael360: It's unfortunate what happened, but that was really fishy... The typical action of a very opportunist person :(
I wouldn't call him an scammer, but so far from what I've seen about him until today, AcidFlux acts (or tries to act) very friendly in public, but then he can do some acid things when he's not, like a double-faced person. It's a shame. It seems his problems in real life (as seen in his giveaway) were real and have affected his personality, or vice-versa...

That's the same conclusion I came to after my dealings with him,
but then again, that's about how every druggie I ever met acted and since I live in a capitol I met a lot.

PS: Please keep PMs private if not for proof of scamming.
Post edited January 06, 2015 by Klumpen0815
Azrael360: It's unfortunate what happened, but that was really fishy... The typical action of a very opportunist person :(

While I understand posting PM screenshots in order to show proof about a (potential) scammer, don't you think this is going a bit too far?

I personally wouldn't want a PM I sent someone to be displayed for all to see. Of course it would be a different matter if it's just to show as evidence that I promised to give a game or allowed a gift to be traded. But this is personal correspondence. It's called private message for a reason.

EDIT: Thanks for removing them, Azrael :)
Post edited January 08, 2015 by ZFR
high rated

Just a side note - the name of the person that made the original purchase still shows both on the redeem page, and in the "A gift for you!' emails; it was never changed, so something must not be working properly for ne_zavarj if the gifter's name is not shown to them.
Azrael360: I wouldn't call him an scammer
If you don't call that scamming, you're passively approving of such behaviour. In an open market environment that might be fair practice, but on here we rely on knowing and trusting people. That's always been the primary vulnerability of our community and our rules need to reflect that. Honesty in trading or gifting should not be optional.

FYI, he also cheated ne_zavarj in their trade: those gems were worth a lot more than the games on sale.
ZFR: While I understand posting PM screenshots in order to show proof about a (potential) scammer, don't you think this is going a bit too far?

I personally wouldn't want a PM I sent someone to be displayed for all to see. Of course it would be a different matter if it's just to show as evidence that I promised to give a game or allowed a gift to be traded. But this is personal correspondance. It's called private message for a reason.
I see nothing in those that isn't related to the incident in question.
Post edited January 07, 2015 by Spinorial
Spinorial: If you don't call that scamming, you're passively approving of such behaviour.
On one side, that's painting things in black and white. I can see his behaviour as wrong but not consider him a scammer.

The working definition of scammer for me is a person who breaks a deal taking something out of you and not delivering his part. Is something that in real life would be equivalent to a small theft.

Trading gifts is tacky and not nice but is not a crime.

On the other side, he lied about the destination of the games and I can see dishonesty. I think I can see where you come from.
Post edited January 07, 2015 by madth3
ZFR: While I understand posting PM screenshots in order to show proof about a (potential) scammer, don't you think this is going a bit too far?

I personally wouldn't want a PM I sent someone to be displayed for all to see. Of course it would be a different matter if it's just to show as evidence that I promised to give a game or allowed a gift to be traded. But this is personal correspondance. It's called private message for a reason.
Spinorial: I see nothing in those that isn't related to the incident in question.
Which ones?
I wasn't referring to the one in yogsloth's post, which indeed are all related to the incident. I was mentioning the ones in Azrael's post, which contained some private correspondence, and were edited out later (thanks for understading, Azrael).
Post edited January 08, 2015 by ZFR
Spinorial: If you don't call that scamming, you're passively approving of such behaviour.
madth3: On one side, that's painting things in black and white. I can see his behaviour as wrong but not consider him a scammer.

The working definition of scammer for me is a person who breaks a deal taking something out of you and not delivering his part. Is something that in real life would be equivalent to a small theft.

Trading gifts is tacky and not nice but is not a crime.

On the other side, he lied about the destination of the games and I can see dishonesty. I think I can see where you come from.
Scammer - deception or fraud...it's deception, duplicitous, call it what you will.
It amounts to the same thing, you run the risk of getting caught up in semantics.