It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Sachys: *points at empty bottle in Doschords hand

no, that was the sprit
One spirit begets another XD
high rated
Dischord: Not particularly, but it seems that he knows the path of forestalling headaches as well!
Spinorial does know lots of handy things, it's his way of talking about them that can be confusing. ;-)
high rated
HypersomniacLive: Spinorial does know lots of handy things, it's his way of talking about them that can be confusing. ;-)
Well, some speak in Tomes, others as I do; am but a neophyte on the road to enlightenment. (Maybe they'll let me do the next "Steak and Shake" commercial here, if I sounded like I understand!) :-)
high rated
Dischord: Well, some speak in Tomes, others as I do; am but a neophyte on the road to enlightenment. (Maybe they'll let me do the next "Steak and Shake" commercial here, if I sounded like I understand!) :-)
Always modest.

OK, let's hear what you'd say in the commercial. ;-)
high rated
HypersomniacLive: Always modest.

OK, let's hear what you'd say in the commercial. ;-)
It is just a local/national television commercial, where some nut runs around teaching a student about the chain's menu, and acting like some kind of Eastern philosopher.

I'd probably just tell the student to cook it himself, save his money, and not lose heart if his cooking is terrible. With a few bucks, he might be able to interest someone who could cook better, and be amenable to a division of labor where he need not cook. Just think, families could be built upon this premise! :-)
high rated
Dischord: It is just a local/national television commercial, where some nut runs around teaching a student about the chain's menu, and acting like some kind of Eastern philosopher.

[...]
Sounds pretty ridiculous.

Dischord: [...]

I'd probably just tell the student to cook it himself, save his money, and not lose heart if his cooking is terrible. With a few bucks, he might be able to interest someone who could cook better, and be amenable to a division of labor where he need not cook. Just think, families could be built upon this premise! :-)
I thought that they're already are. ↁ_ↁ
high rated
HypersomniacLive: I thought that they're already are. ↁ_ↁ
Now it seems to be kind of a lost art, fading into antiquity.
low rated
Damn these tests that keep me away from forum drama. What did I miss?

Oh, I see Dischord here. Well, never mind that. Let's get this party going! :D
high rated
Dischord: Now it seems to be kind of a lost art, fading into antiquity.
Well, seems inevitable with all the different, non-traditional family models. Though some of the aspects of the old-fashion, traditional family model were not that great to perpetuate, anyway - mostly thinking about my grandparents time.
high rated
HypersomniacLive: Well, seems inevitable with all the different, non-traditional family models. Though some of the aspects of the old-fashion, traditional family model were not that great to perpetuate, anyway - mostly thinking about my grandparents time.
People were acclimated to life differently then, but were also the same in many ways.

They could be happy in their world, with all of the things that we might not be, but they could be happy.

What of now? People should be happier than ever, one might think, but they are not. Strange as it seems, there just might be something to experiencing hardship together, without a societally acceptable way to go dancing out of the whole damned thing, thus leaving the members of a family wandering. Add personal sacrifice to the mix, one for the other, and they forged their bonds far stronger than our current society can allow for.

It's not going to be a picnic, when the consequences of singular hedonism come home to roost. JMO.
high rated
Dischord: People were acclimated to life differently then, but were also the same in many ways.

They could be happy in their world, with all of the things that we might not be, but they could be happy.

What of now? People should be happier than ever, one might think, but they are not. Strange as it seems, there just might be something to experiencing hardship together, without a societally acceptable way to go dancing out of the whole damned thing, thus leaving the members of a family wandering. Add personal sacrifice to the mix, one for the other, and they forged their bonds far stronger than our current society can allow for.

It's not going to be a picnic, when the consequences of singular hedonism come home to roost. JMO.
I see where you're coming from, and you do have a point, but we're talking about different situations. What if these things are not mutual, what if one party sees it fit to take all they can and give almost nth, and the hardship and sacrifice is all on the other party? They still stuck together, but I doubt that both were equally happy or even remotely content - at least I know it was not the case with my grandparents.
high rated
HypersomniacLive: I see where you're coming from, and you do have a point, but we're talking about different situations. What if these things are not mutual, what if one party sees it fit to take all they can and give almost nth, and the hardship and sacrifice is all on the other party? They still stuck together, but I doubt that both were equally happy or even remotely content - at least I know it was not the case with my grandparents.
I can't judge for them, nor can I lay my perceptions upon them or what they do. They are the principals, I am merely an observer. People have the right to self determination, all of them, and I'm not about to second guess something that they know better than I ever could. Some people might enjoy pissing in hedges, they might even find a partner that thinks that it is great as well; they can like or not like what they want, and as long it is their hedges, not my business.

Damned people that think the world should live according to what they have floating in their tiny minds are the trouble. This place is chock full of them, and they should worry about defining things for themselves, within their domain, and keep their big ass out of everyone else's business; at home and abroad.
high rated
Dischord: I can't judge for them, nor can I lay my perceptions upon them or what they do. They are the principals, I am merely an observer. People have the right to self determination, all of them, and I'm not about to second guess something that they know better than I ever could. Some people might enjoy pissing in hedges, they might even find a partner that thinks that it is great as well; they can like or not like what they want, and as long it is their hedges, not my business.

Damned people that think the world should live according to what they have floating in their tiny minds are the trouble. This place is chock full of them, and they should worry about defining things for themselves, within their domain, and keep their big ass out of everyone else's business; at home and abroad.
That's the thing though, do they really when society structures dictate a certain model and the boundaries one has to move within?
Anyway, I can't explain my point further without getting more specific/ personal, and I'm not comfortable with doing so here.

EDIT: On a different note - I like how you created the Hallo thread, yet here we are still derailing this one. :-)
Post edited December 04, 2014 by HypersomniacLive
high rated
HypersomniacLive: That's the thing though, do they really when society structures dictate a certain model and the boundaries one has to move within?
Anyway, I can't explain my point further without getting more specific/ personal, and I'm not comfortable with doing so here.

EDIT: On a different note - I like how you created the Hallo thread, yet here we are still derailing this one. :-)
You are right, my bad, and am vacating..
high rated
Dischord: You are right, my bad, and am vacating..
Nah, I didn't mean it that way, just thought it was kind of ironically funny. :-)