It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Dessimu: What if... What if there was an option for the creator of topic/thread to exclude certain members?
<snip>
What do you think?
I think that anything requiring changes to the forums is pointless to argue as I don't see it happening in a near future.
Post edited December 04, 2014 by madth3
Dessimu: What if... What if there was an option for the creator of topic/thread to exclude certain members?
<snip>
What do you think?
madth3: I think that anything requiring changes to the forums is pointless to argue as I don't see it happening in a near future.
^This, plus do we really need a button for this? Just ignore those posts and/or exclude them from the draw.
Honestly this is messy way to list scammers. Looking at the wiki each usernames have links pointing to the forum post which is also messy in terms of reporting scammers. There should be a facility in GOG something like Steamrep where there are scammer badges as well as DETAILED REPORTS like screenshots of chat logs, etc.
Post edited December 04, 2014 by StealthMomo
Spinorial: That's not really the issue. People may do with their gifts as they wish. However, just like key-dropping, when some continue to practice it, the abusers keep coming and end up ruining the experience for everyone. That's why I wholly support Sachys and foxworks' initiative and condemn anyone who keeps dropping open keys. It helps to make the forum a more participative community.
Oh, I'm with you there, don't get me wrong. I don't like key drops precisely because of what they attract. However, I was talking about giveaways, where you actually PM the key to the winner. Not an open code drop in a thread. And yes, much respect to Sachys and foxworks for their efforts.
StealthMomo: There should be a facility in GOG something like Steamrep
*sigh* but there isn't and I would not hold my breath about it.
high rated
This thread came about because someone was actually commiting fraud. They were promising games, getting the key then running without returning the promised key.

That's the scammer concept this was about. People that aren't playing games on key drops, or are dropping keys, that's not fraud. This thread arose from a very compelling need to combat a very nasty crime.

Please get a little perspective guys. I know it's annoying, and I have been there (many giveaways stolen etc.) but in this gossip about who may or may not be coveting keys we really are disguising the point this thread was made for.

I promised to make an app that allowed fair trade, I've time off over xmas, I can get that working again, but the concept of a scammer appears to have changed from the criminal that I was originally trying to counter.
wpegg:
Aye - its too often turned to a leech-hunt in recent months.
high rated
Momo1991: Dischord! How the heck are you? I see you're still around and about and spouting the wisdom of the ages - nice to know our smarter gog forumites still come around from time to time ;-D
Doing fine, thanks, and how about you?

It seems that many of us are buried in life lately, thus explaining my absence, and am hoping that you are faring better!

It seems as though the holidays are here again too, so I guess it won't be getting better any time soon.

I'm sure I'll probably see you around, but if not, please accept my best wishes for a great holiday, and hoping that your new endeavors in NE are going fine!

Chuck

wpegg:
Sachys: Aye - its too often turned to a leech-hunt in recent months.
Sorry about that, and I may have contributed.

The last time I was on this thread, I and others deviated from its purpose, and I dropped a key in penance for deviating from the topic.
Post edited December 04, 2014 by Dischord
Dischord: Sorry about that, and I may have contributed.
Nah - I was on about people "pointing the finger".

Hoper ye good bud!
high rated
Sachys: Nah - I was on about people "pointing the finger".

Hoper ye good bud!
I be fine, thanks, and be wishing ye the same mate!

Edit to add: ...and today I'm trying to drink away a headache... After thinking, I guess I'm really drinking to postpone this one, into merging with the worse one which will come tomorrow :-)
Post edited December 04, 2014 by Dischord
Dischord: Edit to add: ...and today I'm trying to drink away a headache... After thinking, I guess I'm really drinking to postpone this one, into merging with the worse one which will come tomorrow :-)
That's the spirit ^_^
Dischord: Edit to add: ...and today I'm trying to drink away a headache... After thinking, I guess I'm really drinking to postpone this one, into merging with the worse one which will come tomorrow :-)
Spinorial: That's the spirit ^_^
*points at empty bottle in Doschords hand

no, that was the sprit

*tumbleweeds
high rated
Spinorial: That's the spirit ^_^
A kindred spirit? :-)
high rated
Dischord: A kindred spirit? :-)
Are you on the lookout for one? ;-D
high rated
HypersomniacLive: Are you on the lookout for one? ;-D
Not particularly, but it seems that he knows the path of forestalling headaches as well!