It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Question : Is it forbidden to have multiple GOG accounts (at least two) ? For example, one current account and one for free games ? Of course it's not for me but I know someone in this case who wants to have AoW in his two accounts !
MaxFulvus: Question : Is it forbidden to have multiple GOG accounts (at least two) ? For example, one current account and one for free games ? Of course it's not for me but I know someone in this case who wants to have AoW in his two accounts !
I don't think it is forbidden, at least I don't remember reading anything about it.
Follow up:

I wrote about Demzon a while ago and he finally answered last friday

Hi, yes, I was not using GOG or steam or most other gaming-related stuff for all this time. Real life suddenly got in the way.
Is is still OK to give him the game? I mean he's got -6 rep now, so is he an alt or something? Sorry for the long absence.
His desappearance act was fishy connected to justaquickie activity but there was no proof he was an alt or that he scammed anything (except by no following the rules of the T1G1 thread)

Any thoughts?
Attachments:
madth3: Follow up:

I wrote about Demzon a while ago and he finally answered last friday

Hi, yes, I was not using GOG or steam or most other gaming-related stuff for all this time. Real life suddenly got in the way.
Is is still OK to give him the game? I mean he's got -6 rep now, so is he an alt or something? Sorry for the long absence.
madth3: His desappearance act was fishy connected to justaquickie activity but there was no proof he was an alt or that he scammed anything (except by no following the rules of the T1G1 thread)

Any thoughts?
I would say Demzon seems legit until shows otherwise. Offering to hand the game over in a giveaway also seems like the right approach.
I gave a game away to a person, and they didn't even say thank you, I had a look at that steam ban list and he was on it!

I don't like greedy people, next time if I do a give away, I'll be a bit more savvy. shame really a few bad apples spoil this site.

all the best
Post edited December 16, 2014 by Cavenagh
Cavenagh: I gave a game away to a person, and they didn't even say thank you, I had a look at that steam ban list and he was on it!

I don't like greedy people, next time if I do a give away, I'll be a bit more savvy. shame really a few bad apples spoil this site.

all the best
Just a reaction post but that really sucks. I always thought it was common courtesy at the very least to offer one's thanks for another's efforts to giving something regardless if they offer it for free or not. You should make it a rule in your next giveaway or something! I guess it's just one more reason people add a rep limit in giveaways to hopefully avoid the quick grabs if that was not one's intention when giving. My sympathies, sorry for experiencing that in what was suppose to be a chill and grateful event!
Cavenagh: I gave a game away to a person, and they didn't even say thank you, I had a look at that steam ban list and he was on it!

all the best
As the forum mother, first let me extend my apologies for the bad experience. Frankly, my experience is that most Goglodytes are among the nicest peeps but yeah, occasionally there are few that aren't so nice (or who forget that manners do actually matter).

Secondly, I hope your bad experience doesn't prevent you from sticking around and getting to know the good apples ;-D
I am new to this site. I can personally state that the person above tried to scam me. It just didn't seem right. The way he acted was strange, so I didn't trade. I think the GOG standard of reputation points is a really good idea. It is really helpful for new people like me. Without the reputation ranking I probably would have never traded with anyone. But it really shows what most of this community is. A bunch of people who really loves games and gaming.
Thanks a lot to everyone who works for GOG, you are so awesome!
Thanks again to Grargar, who was my first trade on GOG
silmwaren: I am new to this site. I can personally state that the person above tried to scam me. It just didn't seem right. The way he acted was strange, so I didn't trade. I think the GOG standard of reputation points is a really good idea. It is really helpful for new people like me. Without the reputation ranking I probably would have never traded with anyone. But it really shows what most of this community is. A bunch of people who really loves games and gaming.
This is disconcerting considering there are many people above you, is the name on the list from the first post or no? Can you please be more specific as to who it was just as a heads up for future trades others may do with this individual? Thanks.

As for rep points regarding trading, I read that in the GOG forums for Beginners Thread here: http://www.gog.com/forum/general/gog_forums_for_beginners/page1 to just check for their verified trades and trust your instincts since even bad guys can have high rep. Basically, do your research and it might be helpful for future trades. Also, I read somewhere else to let the guy with the lower rep offer first but that's just between the two parties and isn't an official rule per say. Hope the link helps and welcome to the site!
I didn't post there name, because I wasn't sure if I was allowed to do that. If I am allowed to post there name I will do so.
silmwaren: I am new to this site. I can personally state that the person above tried to scam me. It just didn't seem right. The way he acted was strange, so I didn't trade. I think the GOG standard of reputation points is a really good idea. It is really helpful for new people like me. Without the reputation ranking I probably would have never traded with anyone. But it really shows what most of this community is. A bunch of people who really loves games and gaming.
So I happen to be the "person above" your post. Are you suggesting that I scammed you?Considering that I am personally holding hundreds and hundreds of dollars worth of GOG codes for the 2014 GOG Secret Santa, I think you might consider being a bit more "specific" when you are naming names...

Good luck with the forum but you might consider a better sense of clarity in your messaging going forward ;-p

~Note: Momo is getting pretty pissed off with stupid commentary lately. Maybe it's a full-time, stressful job plus hosting a major "event" combined with "the season" but seriously, you peeps need to freaking "read" your posts before hitting the submit button. Just an idea, huh?
silmwaren: I didn't post there name, because I wasn't sure if I was allowed to do that. If I am allowed to post there name I will do so.
Eff me... IT IS "their" NOT "there"...

~Seriously, silmwarem, did you go to English class? This thread is full of accusations that name names. I am accusing you of bad grammar just on general principle (and a principal is generally the head of a school, while a principle is having some common sense about behavior) - apparently your behavior has caused me to lose all sense of them (principles that is). ;-p
Post edited December 18, 2014 by Momo1991
silmwaren: I didn't post there name, because I wasn't sure if I was allowed to do that. If I am allowed to post there name I will do so.
Ok well seeing as I am relatively new to the forums too (despite my reg date lol) I have no idea what to say. I always thought it was well within a person's right to state who scammed them (given they have evidence in case it is contested) in this thread otherwise this thread wouldn't exist. Maybe PM mrmarioanonym (the person who last edited the opening post) if it is allowed? I respect your approach to privacy though and hopefully someone who is more well versed in that matter can resolve it.

Edit :
silmwaren:
Momo1991: So I happen to be the "person above" your post. Are you suggesting that I scammed you?Considering that I am personally holding hundreds and hundreds of dollars worth of GOG codes for the 2014 GOG Secret Santa, I think you might consider being a bit more "specific" when you are naming names...

Good luck with the forum but you might consider a better sense of clarity in your messaging going forward ;-p

~Note: Momo is getting pretty pissed off with stupid commentary lately. Maybe it's a full-time, stressful job plus hosting a major "event" combined with "the season" but seriously, you peeps need to freaking "read" your posts before hitting the submit button. Just an idea, huh?
This is why you should consider specificity when the person above can readily attest to it.
Post edited December 18, 2014 by shadowrgog
silmwaren:
We had like 1000 of posts about rep points in the past and how useless it can be. There were peple in the past who were attacked by trolls in the past and got A LOT of negative rep points everyday yet it doesn't mean he/she is a scammer or a bad person. Gog doesn't monitor or put a lot of rules on their forums because they want people to sort things out like adults.

IF you are new to trading though, please do it in the trading forum and read the rules first to be sure you are not being scammed. It's stupid but we had people in the past trying to scam people for 1$ games :s Most people get scammed because they trade via PM directly. Specially if you are new, you are easy bate. They PM you directly with this and that offer and say I have already traded with 1000 people. But trading via the trading thread let you see if the person has traded with others in the past.

Also you can always PM me or people who trade a lot to handle as a middle man if you think a deal is really fishy. I bet most goggers will be glad to help you out :)
The main idea behind this thread is to warn others about scammers. Is right to post names in order to help others.

Of course, you telling us what was suspicious and giving more info in general is also helpful.
LOL! Hell hath no fury like a momo pissed XD