It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

mrkgnao: I think it's a very good idea. The problem is how to let those people (most of which are not particularly active forum members) know about it.
Maybe prod Zurvan7 to edit the opening post of the General Trading Thread? As for retrading gifts, the gifter could set as a condition to gift only those who would want the game for themselves, since it's easy to check who has redeemed a GOG key. This becomes more difficult with Steam keys, admittedly.
Post edited October 12, 2014 by Grargar
phaolo: Maybe, to avoid these incidents, those few people who want to resell gifts\trades should state it themselves first.
A better idea is just t avoid any unknown users / those with a noted history of doing so* - OR inform them specifically that the gift / trade is not for such purposes.

*Surely thats a part of the point in this ongoing thread?

For those that havent read up on the history here - take some time and read up about wakalo etc.
There's an new incident? Oh come on!
Antimateria: There's an new incident? Oh come on!
Well, to be fair, it's not a new incident since it happened some time ago (Summer).
Cyraxpt: Well, to be fair, it's not a new incident since it happened some time ago (Summer).
Man, I hate repeats.
Antimateria: There's an new incident? Oh come on!
Cyraxpt: Well, to be fair, it's not a new incident since it happened some time ago (Summer).
Like months ago and people just can't let go. It's horrible for your mental health. It is, you can ask anyone, like me. =)
apehater: amund you are an asshole
You don't get to call people names, mate. If someone's made a mistake, go ahead and argue your side IN A CIVIL TONE!

Besides, the way I remember some of these incidents, you got some of these games gifted to you, after having traded for them. Of course, I could be mistaken and it was all a grand misunderstanding. In which case kindly and calmly tell me how and why I'm wrong.

As to the debate, I see little inherently wrong with re-trading after a trade, though it's never quite that straightforward. Many people will enter into lopsided exchanges, assuming the other person has a genuine interest in the game. Indeed, one may assume that trading for a game is an indicator of very strong desire to play it. If they knew otherwise, it's likely they would strive for even or better trades.

In the end, this all goes to the ridiculous amount of secrecy around trades. Every trade should be clearly declared, with any assumptions about redeeming the goods specified. This will also limit the abuse of gifts, which sometimes get traded, usually without it becoming known to the gifter. We don't have law enforcement on this forum, to uphold the various agreements-by-PM, so outright transparency is the best approach.
Spinorial: You don't get to call people names, mate. If someone's made a mistake, go ahead and argue your side IN A CIVIL TONE!
Making mistakes is human taking advantage is a choice.

But people should think before they act, even in trading games. Trading games was terrible when we had to switch those cartridges. In a loan. And that was the same, the person who loaned it, returned it in good piece or in crappy condition or not ever. Good thing I couldn't afford Snes games. Though I should have loaned link to the past some more because I have never finished it.

Edit: also I've thought that some who are "scammed" are scamming that they are scammed. Just a thought what I'm not only one thinking. Or am I? Perhaps this seems such a lovely forum but humanity, Don't trust anyone.

Edit: gog also said that if you take the risk you usually win more often than when gambling but there is a risk and it's not gog's fault. They didn't say it like that but still. There is a risk. When someone asks money in their account in advance it's a risk what should not be taken. Taken, like liam neesons daughter in that movie.
Post edited October 12, 2014 by Antimateria
low rated
phaolo: Maybe, to avoid these incidents, those few people who want to resell gifts\trades should state it themselves first.
mrkgnao: I think it's a very good idea. The problem is how to let those people (most of which are not particularly active forum members) know about it.
True, but as Apehater mentioned the trading rules, we can at least update them.
When I trade, my policy is that the games I trade for are for me and my account solely. If they aren't, I will state upfront before trading why I'm trading for a game that isn't for my use - i.e. it's a game someone else wants, so I'm trading for it to get game B that I really do want.
I will also inform the other trade partner where the game comes from, and if they're alright with it.
Another scenario might be if I see a game someone else might like, at which point I will trade for it, and then gift the game on them.
Unless otherwise and previously stated, I don't retrade games.

Basically, be upfront and open about trading, and if someone objects to your trading practices, and won't trade with you, that's their choice - it's their game to trade. You negotiate. It's meant to be an mutually "profitable" agreement.

Update/ Amend the Trading Rules to something like:
"All games are assumed to be and meant for your own personal use, unless otherwise stated by the trader before the trade goes through. If a trader is discovered to be retrading games without the previous owner's prior knowledge and consent, the trader is [insert penalty - banned from trading? entered onto the "bad dog! bad! *hit with newspaper*" list?]"
Post edited October 13, 2014 by Getcomposted
The solution is to obviously stop wanting to get karma by giving stuff away randomly.
low rated
Getcomposted: "All games are assumed to be and meant for your own personal use, unless otherwise stated by the trader before the trade goes through. If a trader is discovered to be retrading games without the previous owner's prior knowledge and consent, the trader is [insert penalty - banned from trading? entered onto the "bad dog! bad! *hit with newspaper*" list?]"
good luck with that, i'm absolutely against this rule and i assume there will be much resistance in the trading thread. i dont need microsoft drm policies here on the gog forum. think about this rule again, its useless and an drm attempt!!!

after i got a game in a trade, i wanna do with it what i want!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
apehater: [..]after i got a game in a trade, i wanna do with it what i want!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You should be here on GOG just to play\collect old games, not to resell them : (
I wonder how many users would accept that you traded to others their probably-fair-price offers for you.
Post edited October 13, 2014 by phaolo
low rated
apehater: [..]after i got a game in a trade, i wanna do with it what i want!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
phaolo: You should be here on GOG just to play\collect old games, not to resell them : (
I wonder how many users would like you to trade their probably-fair-price offers to you for more.
thats nonsense, if everyone would just play, there would be no forum activity outside of game problems
Getcomposted: Update/ Amend the Trading Rules to something like:
"All games are assumed to be and meant for your own personal use, unless otherwise stated by the trader before the trade goes through. If a trader is discovered to be retrading games without the previous owner's prior knowledge and consent, the trader is [insert penalty - banned from trading? entered onto the "bad dog! bad! *hit with newspaper*" list?]"
NO.

trading is trading - if you trade 300 stcok on the UK market for say... russian oil... do you expect the buyer to keep them forever. No, you dont.

If you gift someone a nice vase around christmas time (when theyve asked for it), do you expect them to enjoy it and make use of it once given that thing they desired? Yes. Yes you do.

Now, stop being a bunch of willy-nilly twat bastards, please!

If YOU want to put a bunch of rules on YOUR trade offerings, make it clear.
If YOU intend to ask for something as a gift recipient with the intention of trading it later. FUCK OFF!

PRETTY FUCKING SIMPLE EH?!

Edit: actually, fuck all of this off. Nobody is going to listen and go "oh, thats right - that actually worked for ages until we allowed trading profiteers, paypal profiteers and whatnot to enter the trading thread and now we dont have a clue of what used to happen previously..."
Post edited October 13, 2014 by Sachys