It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

CptFandango: This seems mental! How can you be a scammer but have over 600 rep :O I am a relative noob to the forum but still seems a bit nutty!
foxworks: Two things:

1. Rep is a system that can be manipulated; not necessarily in this case. Rep alone shouldn't be used to determine a member's value on the forums.

2. I don't think anyone is saying "scammer," at least not here, but rather "leeching"
Sorry if i am being naive and not understanding something but you regularly host massive giveaways hence your high rep, how can someone have the same rep and be a leech?
CptFandango: This seems mental! How can you be a scammer but have over 600 rep :O I am a relative noob to the forum but still seems a bit nutty!
I'd like to hear what Lugum has to say for himself, but I did read the posts he put up in the Take One, Give One thread. From his history, he did know the rules, so suddenly claiming amnesia and family circumstances always seemed a bit off to me.
For actually loading games to torrent sites?!
Not cool. Really not cool.
GOG always does promos where prices are massively discounted. $1.79 isn't that much to ask.
I know some download sites actually pay you if your uploads are downloaded a lot. If he was (& I'm not saying he was) making money off these torrent sites as well...
That goes from being not cool to being a douchebag.
Well I have something serious and meaningfull to add to this.

My fekkin pizza has arrived and it is PHAT AS FEWK!!!!
foxworks: 2. I don't think anyone is saying "scammer," at least not here, but rather "leeching"
I'd actually argue the point. Leeching is bad, but what is really damning and dangerous here is this pattern of abusive and manipulative behaviour. I initially called him out on his inconsiderate avarice, but that pales in comparison to all the stuff I've seen since.

For the record, I was going to PM Judas around Monday with the same request, Tarnicus. Actually, I'd advise for restricted PM privileges, too, since he's done a great deal of damage by "taking things to PMs." Divide et impera.
CptFandango: Sorry if i am being naive and not understanding something but you regularly host massive giveaways hence your high rep, how can someone have the same rep and be a leech?
If people don't notice what you're doing.
If you continually post about other things that earn you rep as well as entering GA's etc..

From other people's posts in the "Take One, Give One" thread, I gathered that it seems that Lugum does have a reputation for being greedy, and for calling people out for rules infractions whilst breaking them himself willy nilly and then claiming exigent circumstances that "forced" him to break the rules.
Reserving judgement, but this whole thing leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
Or maybe it's my medication! XD
CptFandango: Sorry if i am being naive and not understanding something but you regularly host massive giveaways hence your high rep, how can someone have the same rep and be a leech?
Getcomposted: If people don't notice what you're doing.
If you continually post about other things that earn you rep as well as entering GA's etc..

From other people's posts in the "Take One, Give One" thread, I gathered that it seems that Lugum does have a reputation for being greedy, and for calling people out for rules infractions whilst breaking them himself willy nilly and then claiming exigent circumstances that "forced" him to break the rules.
Reserving judgement, but this whole thing leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
Or maybe it's my medication! XD
I keep belching and bits of sick are popping up, but its not enough to make me stop chomping this pizza!

That may sound like an allegorical euphemism related to the topic but its just a description of what's happening up in here.
CptFandango: Well I have something serious and meaningfull to add to this.

Ooooh, PIZZA! Wow, you're eating late, or is this a case of the midnight munchies?
I love late night delivery places. If you suddenly have a craving for ice cream or pizza or a kebab...
*Drool*
My favourite Dominos is Chicken, Jalapeno chillis and BBQ sauce. :)
Getcomposted: Ooooh, PIZZA! Wow, you're eating late, or is this a case of the midnight munchies?
I love late night delivery places. If you suddenly have a craving for ice cream or pizza or a kebab...
*Drool*
Alfredo sauce instead of marinara, bacon, and pepperoni. That's a good pizza :)
CptFandango: Well I have something serious and meaningfull to add to this.

Getcomposted: Ooooh, PIZZA! Wow, you're eating late, or is this a case of the midnight munchies?
*Drool*
Nah just got in from my birthday night out so am pissed and ravenous :D

My favourite pizza used to be similar! jalapeños with chicken and donar meat, but since im a veggie its jalapeños and feta with stuffed garlic/cheese crust. aaaahhhh jeahhhh

Edit : To the septics pissed in english english means drunk not angry. So the famous sex pistols lyric "get pissed destroy" actually means get drunk destroy not get angry destroy! You all probably already know that but was just clarifying so you dont think im sat here angry! :D
Post edited August 09, 2014 by CptFandango
trentonlf: Alfredo sauce instead of marinara, bacon, and pepperoni. That's a good pizza :)
Not a fan of pepperoni on pizza - I think it's too strong a flavour somehow? It drowns everything else out. But everything else...
Now I want pizza. :)
CptFandango: Nah just got in from my birthday night out so am pissed and ravenous :D

My favourite pizza used to be similar! jalapeños with chicken and donar meat, but since im a veggie its jalapeños and feta with stuffed garlic/cheese crust. aaaahhhh jeahhhh
Garlic... Everything, well, mostly everything is better with garlic. :)
And chilli! Yeah!

[Edit: Piglets. Everything's closed. But I have frankfurters in the fridge. I feel a grilling coming on...)
Post edited August 09, 2014 by Getcomposted
For the longest time I thought teshra was overly trolling lugum and those he called leechers. I mostly had lugum's word to go on, and teshra wasn't exactly making the calmest and most well-reasoned posts, so they were largely ignored or criticised. The simple fact of the matter is, he was right but it took me and everyone else a good deal of time to realise it.

I was introduced to lugum over PMs and by virtue of the people who would frequently enter on his behalf in giveaways. These were people like Thespian and mrtophat101, very well-liked and respected, and so it was natural to assume lugum was on the level. Once he got unbanned, lugum would host the occasional giveaway, many keys in there contributed by others. Other keys were his, won in giveaways with permission to re-gift - a dubious practice, at best.

This has been going on for long before I started visiting the forum and it took me over a year to come to realise that lugum wasn't the kind and well-meaning individual I'd pictured up to that point. By that time, I had up-repped him many times, even assisted in maintaining his rep, when some other people expressed concerns over massive down-repping of certain individuals, him included.

In essence, every new member has been introduced to lugum in a predominantly positive light and lugum tends to exhibit calm and logical behaviour, nothing to immediately ring any alarms. It takes time for an observer to notice the problems in it, and by then more people have been introduced to him. From that point, it's easy for lugum to simply contain any altercations he might have in PMs and continue without significant public censure. And as long as the individual people don't know about each others' problems, they don't feel justified in making a public fuss of it.

As to the rep: post daily, complain loudly when you see it dropping, contain any public confrontations. Done! High rep!
low rated
Spinorial: I'd actually argue the point. Leeching is bad, but what is really damning and dangerous here is this pattern of abusive and manipulative behaviour. I initially called him out on his inconsiderate avarice, but that pales in comparison to all the stuff I've seen since.

For the record, I was going to PM Judas around Monday with the same request, Tarnicus. Actually, I'd advise for restricted PM privileges, too, since he's done a great deal of damage by "taking things to PMs." Divide et impera.
I'd like to add to this that after lugum's initial response to me via PM which was the usual evasive one where he fails to see any responsibility for his actions and that everyone is against him, he offered to email me evidence of this Paypal fraud. I hadn't read his replies after his initial dismissal of my request when I told him I was recommending he be banned. I am done with him and hope that people can finally see that this patten has been set here for so long and that many have had enough of it.

The "oh no my Paypal/credit card/etc doesn't work" is a common deception. A 'scam' by definition is to obtain something via deception, which fits this pattern perfectly. If evidence of this Paypal fraud etc comes through, wonderful there's some truth to his story. But the pattern is still the same. If this is not enough for people to see an entire picture, then that is there decision. New users with low to no rep have been outed here for far less than this.

I understand that we are all fallible human beings. That is part of being human and learning from life experiences is a massive part of that. Having him partake in this community along with others who leech or scam(leeching is different) has done harm to this community.

From a business perspective(after all that is what GOG is) it is definitely to their financial advantage to appear to be doing something about this or at least giving users more tools that a faulty reputation system to judge another. Why? Because gifting and the generous nature of this community gets them a LOT more income. The purchases of many attest to that, as does the attraction of such people to these forums.

I am no longer gifting, I'm just here for the ride to enjoy good conversation but I felt it necessary to add to this after lugum complained to me about his unfair treatment in the Steamgifts thread.
could you please discuss lugum in another thread.

i don't want this thread to get locked or otherwise mucked up.

if there's anything definitive, feel free to write it in here, but speculation and arguing is something i ask you to do elsewhere.
Tarnicus: I am going to request that he is banned from posting on the forums and will PM Judasiscariot after posting this and linking it to the Steamgifts thread.

lugum was banned from posting here due to uploading GOG games to torrent sites. I think with this addition he should not be allowed to interact with this community any more.
How can lugum post on the forums if he/she is already banned? Your statement seems to contradict itself.
Tarnicus: Snip...
Ever go in the world bar near kings cross? :D