It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

QC: Isn't that always the way? -Surprise hugs-
Momo1991: QC! How's the Triforce treating you lately?
Wishing one of the triangles granted me super human healing powers.
Sachys: *points at bear traps
Bear trap oO
Attachments:
beartrap.jpg (96 Kb)
Post edited January 22, 2015 by real.geizterfahr
Sachys: *points at bear traps
real.geizterfahr: Bear trap oO
O_________o?

Well... looks like tinyE has a date!
high rated
I am not one to complain about others. If I gift you a game I hope you redeem it and enjoy it, but if you want to give it away to someone that's ok too. I also don't mind if someone trades a game I give them as long as the person they are trading to realizes this was a game I had gifted them and not traded to them. All this being said I must say to people beware of AcidFlux.

I donated a GOG game to a giveaway and AcidFlux won the game. He then went to someone and tried to trade the game as one he bought himself at full price in exchange for multiple Steam keys. Luckily the person he tried to trade the game to saw that my name was attached to the key and asked if it was one I had traded to AcidFlux. I informed him it was not and then proceeded to tell him to redeem the key for himself as a gift from me and then I messaged AcidFlux this:

You won a game I donated to ********* giveaway and then tried to trade that game as one you bought yourself. I do not appreciate this at all, it is very dishonest. The gentleman you tried to pull a fast one on notified me of the pending trade. I told him to redeem the key as a gift from me. Do not ever enter one of my giveaways again. If you have any issues with this feel free to message me, but don't expect any sympathy on my end.

I will tell you this, if you had asked me about trading the game ahead of time I would not have had an issue with it, but once you tried to pass it off as a game you bought yourself and take advantage of someone then you forfeited any right to the game.

I do not like dishonest people, it will put you on my shit list and you will not get off of it. Sorry if I have offended anyone, but I felt this had to be pointed out.
trentonlf: [....] I also don't mind if someone trades a game I give them as long as the person they are trading to realizes this was a game I had gifted them and not traded to them. All this being said I must say to people beware of AcidFlux.
You're not the only one to have misgivings about this individual as one of my gifts ended in the same manner. So yeah, I consider AF not a very trustful individual and a big opportunist.
That's what I would call crossing the line and he did it again. Thanks for the heads-up because now it's not a mere coincidence if you consider the recent report about him (and his...weird reaction to it). :(
trentonlf:
foxworks:
Again? ...and AGAIN?! (O_O) *facepalm*
How many times this opportunist guy will keep doing the same (lying included) to others?

This is really dishonest.
Post edited January 31, 2015 by Azrael360
trentonlf: <snip>
foxworks: <snip>
So let's wait for a new answer and what else he might do in reaction to these posts. Last time turned out to be quite funny where he was making himself out to be some kind of saint with his bread analogy :D

But on a serious note, it is sad that people are not just honest about things, that would make all these posts unnecessary.
Post edited January 30, 2015 by moonshineshadow
I think you are all judging him too harsh. He's not a scammer - he just has a somewhat short temper - in some areas revolving Gog and Steam:
- If he sees a game he wants to some extent, he sees no trouble entering a giveaway/trade/handout even if he won't want it once he gets it.
This by no means offensive by itself, but might be considered not according rules of some giveaways, such as redeem yourself within given time
- Once he does get a game, by whatever means he could get hold of it, he considers it HIS OWN, and it being fair trade to do with as he pleases.
Again not offensive by itself, but is opposing the main rules of conduct within the Gog community of giveaway/handouts/trades
- Due to this disagreement, he doesn't feel he should abide by the rules he doesn't agree with, and doesn't try to communicate further with those that do follow them - to diminish anguish against him for not following those rules... Which leads to situations like this.

Is he acting nice? Some may say he lost their trust while others see him with a grain of salt in the first place and leave it there. Who am I to judge.
Post edited January 30, 2015 by BlackThorny
BlackThorny: I think you are all judging him too harsh. He's not a scammer
Of course he is not a scammer. I think no one here really thinks that. It is just that being upfront about your intentions for a game would be the honest way to go and probably almost no one would have a problem anymore with it.
trentonlf: [..]The gentleman you tried to pull a fast one on notified me of the pending trade. I told him to redeem the key as a gift from me. Do not ever enter one of my giveaways again[..]
Ha! That'll teach him!
moonshineshadow:
Let's see...
Take a game thats not yours to trade. Palm it off as your own in a trade. Profit.
...that is a scam.
Do that more than once, that would make you a scammer.
This on top of them not even apologising / recognising what they did wasnt right he first time?
Not good!
BlackThorny: I think you are all judging him too harsh. He's not a scammer - he just has a somewhat short temper - in some areas revolving Gog and Steam:
- If he sees a game he wants to some extent, he sees no trouble entering a giveaway/trade/handout even if he won't want it once he gets it.
This by no means offensive by itself, but might be considered not according rules of some giveaways, such as redeem yourself within given time
- Once he does get a game, by whatever means he could get hold of it, he considers it HIS OWN, and it being fair trade to do with as he pleases.
Again not offensive by itself, but is opposing the main rules of conduct within the Gog community of giveaway/handouts/trades
- Due to this disagreement, he doesn't feel he should abide by the rules he doesn't agree with, and doesn't try to communicate further with those that do follow them - to diminish anguish against him for not following those rules... Which leads to situations like this.
Maybe you missed the part where he tried to trade a game he won for free to someone under the pretense that he paid full price for the game. A flat out lie to get over on someone.

As I said trade the game if you want, but don't try and pass it off as a game you purchased at full price so you can get more games for it in trade.
moonshineshadow:
Sachys: Let's see...
Take a game thats not yours to trade. Palm it off as your own in a trade. Profit.
...that is a scam.
Do that more than once, that would make you a scammer.
This on top of them not even apologising / recognising what they did wasnt right he first time?
Not good!
I think we just have different opinions on what a scammer is. He won the game so I would consider it his game which makes it not really a scam in me eyes. I just called that a very unsocial and douchebaggy behaviour since he should have just been upfront about wanting the game for trading etc ;-)
trentonlf: As I said trade the game if you want, but don't try and pass it off as a game you purchased at full price so you can get more games for it in trade.
Indeed, normally trading a gifted game is considered to be bad form if not allowed by the gifter but not really a scam per say. But, entering a giveaway with the intention to trade the game to exploit someone by asking for games equivalent to the full price of the said game is indeed scamming.

Keeping the members of the community informed about such activities is the very reason this thread was created. So thank you trentonlf for sharing this experience which will serve as a caution for the other members of the community,