It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

moonshineshadow:
Sachys: Let's see...
Take a game thats not yours to trade. Palm it off as your own in a trade. Profit.
...that is a scam.
Do that more than once, that would make you a scammer.
This on top of them not even apologising / recognising what they did wasnt right he first time?
Not good!
Indeed.
BlackThorny: I think you are all judging him too harsh. He's not a scammer
moonshineshadow: Of course he is not a scammer. I think no one here really thinks that. It is just that being upfront about your intentions for a game would be the honest way to go and probably almost no one would have a problem anymore with it.
"He then went to someone and tried to trade the game as one he bought himself at full price in exchange for multiple Steam keys"

if he goes around claiming he bought games he didn't and at full price at that, so as to get more steam keys in exchange for them then yes he is a scammer.
high rated
BlackThorny: I think you are all judging him too harsh. He's not a scammer - he just has a somewhat short temper - in some areas revolving Gog and Steam:
- If he sees a game he wants to some extent, he sees no trouble entering a giveaway/trade/handout even if he won't want it once he gets it.
This by no means offensive by itself, but might be considered not according rules of some giveaways, such as redeem yourself within given time
- Once he does get a game, by whatever means he could get hold of it, he considers it HIS OWN, and it being fair trade to do with as he pleases.
Again not offensive by itself, but is opposing the main rules of conduct within the Gog community of giveaway/handouts/trades
- Due to this disagreement, he doesn't feel he should abide by the rules he doesn't agree with, and doesn't try to communicate further with those that do follow them - to diminish anguish against him for not following those rules... Which leads to situations like this.

Is he acting nice? Some may say he lost their trust while others see him with a grain of salt in the first place and leave it there. Who am I to judge.
Let me see if I got this right... he doesn't want to play by the rules, but he wants the end result that's tied to abiding to the rules, but since he doesn't accept them, he's not saying it openly as to not be excluded from landing the end result... the end justifies the means. Gotcha.
~sigh~ I really wish we had a sticky about the social norms of the GOG forum - giveaways = you enter for yourself then you redeem it for yourself - no trading/no gifting others unless you actively state your intentions up front and leave it t the gifter. It's unspoken most of the time because it's a social norm of this forum.

Frankly, AcidFlux already knows this from his first go-round with the "I want to give it to my son... is this ok?" deal we just spent 50 posts commenting on. So yeah, at this point, he knows he's being a scammer - no doubt in my mind if I still had any from the last crapola bread martyr commentary.

My vote? Add him to the scammer list. He has already been apprised and has quite actively flaunted the social norms - again. Fool me...yada and all that jazz.
Momo1991: ~sigh~ I really wish we had a sticky about the social norms of the GOG forum - giveaways = you enter for yourself then you redeem it for yourself - no trading/no gifting others unless you actively state your intentions up front and leave it t the gifter. It's unspoken most of the time because it's a social norm of this forum.

Frankly, AcidFlux already knows this from his first go-round with the "I want to give it to my son... is this ok?" deal we just spent 50 posts commenting on. So yeah, at this point, he knows he's being a scammer - no doubt in my mind if I still had any from the last crapola bread martyr commentary.

My vote? Add him to the scammer list. He has already been apprised and has quite actively flaunted the social norms - again. Fool me...yada and all that jazz.
I agree with this , He is playing around with gifts people bought with their money . Unless the giveaway had stated that you can enter for others , its really a disgrace to pass it off on as if its his. That gift could have helped out another gamer in need instead of being fodder his trades. The responses he has given even more awful

I simply cant stand such awful behavior , whats worse is he has not redeemed his steamgifts wins to his account twice . Pending a steamgifts investigation on which he might be suspended since it breaks their rules he has been kicked out of the gog gift club group.
Momo1991: crapola bread martyr commentary
now theres one for the band names thread! :)
Momo1991: crapola bread martyr commentary
Sachys: now theres one for the band names thread! :)
Good luck fitting it onto a CD.
tinyE: Good luck fitting it onto a CD.
ive put longer names onto the spine of a digipack before!
What's a CD? :p
Sachys: ive put longer names onto the spine of a digipack before!
Yes! "Heroes of Might and Magic II - The Succession Wars: The Price of Loyalty"

(The CDs in the box came only in paper wraps *grr*)
low rated
foxworks: What's a CD? :p
Don't even! We have a turn table in our living room and the other day some kid asked me what it was. I could have thrown that little bastard into the lake.
tinyE: Don't even! We have a turn table in our living room and the other day some kid asked me what it was. I could have thrown that little bastard into the lake.
X'D

sound quality is unbeatable
high rated
tinyE: Don't even! We have a turn table in our living room and the other day some kid asked me what it was. I could have thrown that little bastard into the lake.
Can you sit on the table and turn?!?! ;-)~
Cheese Delicious. :P
Grargar: Cheese Delicious. :P
Oh that's right. Yum!