It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Find what you're looking for faster, easier, and with style.

As some of you have already noticed, today we launched an overhauled navigation system for GOG.com. The goal is simple: to make it faster, simpler, and better for you to explore our store and find what you're looking for.

Browsing our catalog has never been easier: mouse over the Store tab for a neat dropdown menu that contains ongoing sales, a detailed breakdown of our games categories, and several top-tier suggestions.
To bring our games closer to you, we've also made several improvements to our search engine, so locating the title you're after should be much more straightforward now. Those accessing our store through mobile will notice that these changes have dramatically improved their experience, as well.

But that's not all! If you want to reach Support, interact with the Community, or manage your Account, you'll find that the intuitive dropdown menus make for a much more fluid experience, saving you time that could be spent playing your favorite games!

Your account name and avatar are now clearly visible on top at all times, so you can tell at a glance if you're logged in and on which account. Last but not least, redeeming gift codes and switching between languages or currencies is now more readily available with no need to scroll to the bottom of the page.

Enjoy!
high rated
I've initially thought that only the general notification in the account tab vanished, because I still got an update notification in the game library. But now there were at least two updates (real important game patches) which didn't show up. So there are absolutely no updates anymore for the web version?! This is f*ing bad GOG!
high rated
That's because they're trying to force everyone to use the so-called "optional" Galaxy client...
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/offline_installers_with_an_option_to_install_gog_galaxy/page1
Opt-out marketer: Be thankful we give you the "option" to opt out. >_<

Me, being thankful....
Attachments:
thankful.jpg (35 Kb)
russellskanne: I've initially thought that only the general notification in the account tab vanished, because I still got an update notification in the game library. But now there were at least two updates (real important game patches) which didn't show up. So there are absolutely no updates anymore for the web version?! This is f*ing bad GOG!
Which games?
Can anybody confirm this?

Edit: Can confirm for "Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky, The"...
Post edited May 11, 2017 by Klumpen0815

Barefoot Essentials - Changelog
Version 2.21.1 - released on 2017-05-10

Raised z-index on Connect alert so that it is not concealed by the new navigation bar.
[edit]
DISREGARD THAT I WAS WRONG
old post:

I need to apply to be a Lead Web Designer at GOG. I mean, I can barely close a html tag on a good day, but something tells me I'll be right at home there.
Post edited May 14, 2017 by Starmaker

Barefoot Essentials - Changelog
Version 2.21.1 - released on 2017-05-10

Raised z-index on Connect alert so that it is not concealed by the new navigation bar.
Starmaker: I need to apply to be a Lead Web Designer at GOG. I mean, I can barely close a html tag on a good day, but something tells me I'll be right at home there.
I've already written your letter of recommendation!
russellskanne: I've initially thought that only the general notification in the account tab vanished, because I still got an update notification in the game library. But now there were at least two updates (real important game patches) which didn't show up. So there are absolutely no updates anymore for the web version?! This is f*ing bad GOG!
Klumpen0815: Which games?
Can anybody confirm this?

Edit: Can confirm for "Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky, The"...
It was Door Kickers and The Signal from Tölva. But now I've received an update notification for Nexus, so it works sometimes somehow...
HypersomniacLive: The sensitivity of the on-hover is ridiculously high, and I wish they reverted it back to click to prevent all the accidental opening of the sub-menus
Hmm... they must be heard you...

EDIT: Just discovered it's put off only while using the forum

HypersomniacLive: The dimming is the second most annoying, and pretty useless, effect.
I'm not bothered by this effect. In my eyes the "About" so present in the bar is useless.

Also the purple Strip (critizised by many users) doesn't annoy me. For me a welcome change to the colorless years that we had here. And this little bit (galaxy-) purple is a very decent change from what nobody should get "eye cancer" by an sudden overdose ;)

So I can say "Good work!" to GOG-Staff :)
(concerning the design; technically I miss of course, like many others, the notifications in the top bar)
Post edited May 11, 2017 by gamefood
HypersomniacLive: The dimming is the second most annoying, and pretty useless, effect.
gamefood: I'm not bothered by this effect. In my eyes the "About" so present in the bar is useless.
I'm somewhat in between of you both. I doesn't annoy me that much, but I notice it more times than I should. I would like an option to turn it off like I can disable additional eye candy of many operating systems nowadays.
Also the purple Strip (critizised by many users) doesn't annoy me. For me a welcome change to the colorless years that we had here. And this little bit (galaxy-) purple is a very decent change from what nobody should get "eye cancer" by an sudden overdose ;)
No, but it certainly is a noticeable artifact in the overall website design. Nothing else is purple on GOG except this strip and the top of the main page. As soon as you scroll down or visit any other page (a game's store page, your account, the forum etc.) any purple is gone. Since my desktop and web browser also don't have any purple, the strip stands out very oddly. This optical effect is increased by the stark contrast to the black menu bar.

> So I can say "Good work!" to GOG-Staff :)

Me too, but with an emphasized "Keep on the" in front of it. ;)
GOG.com: .
Why does logging in always take me back to the home page? Why wouldn't it return me to the page I was on?
high rated
gamefood: [...] I'm not bothered by this effect. In my eyes the "About" so present in the bar is useless.[...]
Have you clicked or at least hovered over it? Once you check where it leads to, you'll see that, from GOG's PoV, it's not useless, just a poor choice, imo.

paladin181: Why does logging in always take me back to the home page? Why wouldn't it return me to the page I was on?
Answer.

And if you tell me that you're not thrown back to the home page at log-out (first bit), I'll be utterly surprised.

Starmaker: I need to apply to be a Lead Web Designer at GOG. I mean, I can barely close a html tag on a good day, but something tells me I'll be right at home there.
That might be a bit unfair. That "Connect alert" that I was referring to was something that comes from my script, so it's natural that I'd need to change it in response to the website being updated. It's completely my responsibility, not GOG's, to make sure that my script remains compatible with the site.
Barefoot_Monkey: That might be a bit unfair. That "Connect alert" that I was referring to was something that comes from my script, so it's natural that I'd need to change it in response to the website being updated. It's completely my responsibility, not GOG's, to make sure that my script remains compatible with the site.
Wait, the pretty purple alert that pops up to the left-hand side whenever there are games on Connect is yours?
!!!
I take back my shitpost (and also my praise of GOG's thoughtfulness for including the alert).

Thank you again for your work.
high rated
elcook: snip
Re-posting this here:

Is anyone ever going to fix the issues in the new menu? It's been a few weeks since it's been added. I realize now what the issue is... as GOG adds/removes new links (for sales or important releases like Outlast 2/ Inside) the pictures and stuff don't scale properly (at-least on Firefox) to the length of the menu. See pic.
Stuff like this and removing notifications when you didn't have a replacement really is unprofessional.
Attachments:
menu_bug.jpg (88 Kb)
Post edited May 14, 2017 by BKGaming
high rated
We are still missing the notifications, GOG. Please don't forget about it.