It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Find what you're looking for faster, easier, and with style.

As some of you have already noticed, today we launched an overhauled navigation system for GOG.com. The goal is simple: to make it faster, simpler, and better for you to explore our store and find what you're looking for.

Browsing our catalog has never been easier: mouse over the Store tab for a neat dropdown menu that contains ongoing sales, a detailed breakdown of our games categories, and several top-tier suggestions.
To bring our games closer to you, we've also made several improvements to our search engine, so locating the title you're after should be much more straightforward now. Those accessing our store through mobile will notice that these changes have dramatically improved their experience, as well.

But that's not all! If you want to reach Support, interact with the Community, or manage your Account, you'll find that the intuitive dropdown menus make for a much more fluid experience, saving you time that could be spent playing your favorite games!

Your account name and avatar are now clearly visible on top at all times, so you can tell at a glance if you're logged in and on which account. Last but not least, redeeming gift codes and switching between languages or currencies is now more readily available with no need to scroll to the bottom of the page.

Enjoy!
InkPanther: I don't understand what script you're writing about...
JMich: Adalia's Fundamentals or Barefoot's Essentials. One of those was making the header transparent from what I recall.
Or do you mean that the header didn't scroll down before, and I've already forgotten about that?
The latter. I already fixed it with Stylish. ;)

Edit: forum hickup?
Post edited April 26, 2017 by InkPanther
AlienMind: I had no problems with the old site. Cool for mobile users now though.
What's so cool now, huh? One of the main issues with the old site was poor mobile version, especially forum, which was simply disaster in mobile browsers. I hoped that any significant redesign will resolve that and today I'm really disappointed :(

I've switched to desktop version for a while and it looks really nice. That's cool that our place looks better now and perhaps more people will support DRM-Free idea due to that. However, for me, personally, there is no difference, because I'm browsing GOG on desktop once a month or so. I'd be really grateful for making my life easier and optimizing the site for mobile. Well, not this time... :(
GOG.com: Find what you're looking for faster, easier, and with style.

As some of you have already noticed, today we launched an overhauled navigation system for GOG.com. The goal is simple: to make it faster, simpler, and better for you to explore our store and find what you're looking for.

Browsing our catalog has never been easier: mouse over the Store tab for a neat dropdown menu that contains ongoing sales, a detailed breakdown of our games categories, and several top-tier suggestions.
To bring our games closer to you, we've also made several improvements to our search engine, so locating the title you're after should be much more straightforward now. Those accessing our store through mobile will notice that these changes have dramatically improved their experience, as well.

But that's not all! If you want to reach Support, interact with the Community, or manage your Account, you'll find that the intuitive dropdown menus make for a much more fluid experience, saving you time that could be spent playing your favorite games!

Your account name and avatar are now clearly visible on top at all times, so you can tell at a glance if you're logged in and on which account. Last but not least, redeeming gift codes and switching between languages or currencies is now more readily available with no need to scroll to the bottom of the page.

Enjoy!
With the revamp would it really have been so hard to add 'sort by price?'
well what can i say ?

i guess there is nothing i or we or anyone can do about it so we have to accept it and all the many improvements to come.

i cant say i love it cause i dont want to lie.

Its a good thing i use the awfful steam client , since all these new improvements can't be changed nor undone we have to learn to live with it.

That navbar that will stay on top, thats a little obnoxious to me, many sites use it guess it is because of compatability with mobile cause the old internet had to make room for flat mobile friendly design.

I remember the old days when we were all excited we got 16 and 17 and large inch CRT monitors cause we hated small screens, now x years later all we do is watch on small screens cause we can use it anywhere, even in the bathroom and toilet, on the streets, where 1000s people walk silently wiping there touchtablest and phones.

So we are back to watching at tiny screens.
All mail and all other sites use that same navbar, but the basic things can be used without it so i blocked all navbars that stay on top while i scroll.
For me,, it seems to be slower...it has timed out on processing new posts.
Wait, so the purple stripe is a feature? I though it was a bug, I was going to report it as one. ROFL.

Other than that I'm liking what I see, except the small font size.
low rated
MarkoH01: 1) I hate the black and white gog logo (was changed with BE script which does not work anymore).
2) I hate the black and white colour which actually feels depressing and dated instead of fresh and sporty for me.
Agreed.

MarkoH01: 3) Hate the darkening of the site whenever I chose a menu item.
4) Hate that there is now much space in between the two rightmost buttons and everything before.
5) Hate that I have to see my avatar and nickname in caps instead of account.
No opinion either way.

MarkoH01: 6) Hate the way the menu structure is now.
I like it so far. Also, game search works from the forum now, which is good. (It didn't use to, instead it redirected to the catalog from all "old" pages.)

MarkoH01: 7) Hate the purple bar above the black bar even more.
I obviously love purple, but the thin bar is indeed somewhat annoying - it feels like I've scrolled down from something important. I'll probably get used to it, though.
Please bring back the notifications, it is way to complicated to seach manually for updated games or chat messages. There are people out there who do not want to use galaxy...

Otherwise the changes are okay, the forum font is a bit TOO small, but the rest seems quite nice one first glance.
Post edited April 26, 2017 by Anime-BlackWolf
I like the new menu look and features, it's easier to navigate. :)
high rated
Looks good but STILL no redirect option from a game's store page to it's forum.

A bit disappointed guys. Come on, it's not that hard.
beholder4096: This is nice. I'll just edit the browser CSS in my browser to make the menu static as off we go. I hate fixed always-on-screen menus.
Ditto. I'd really appreciate if there was a setting to making the menu static on top, without resorting to any userscripts.
New Navigation System
I decided to test it on my mobile since you mentioned it being more mobile friendly now.... I last visited GOG's site two years ago on this particular mobile and then it worked, now it was a mess with many elements broken or outright missing and site VEEEERY slow loading now. Good thing I mostly come here while on a proper pc.
Anime-BlackWolf: There are people out there who do not want to use galaxy...
As well as those who can't. (Last time I checked, there was no Linux version.)
Tannath: Wait, so the purple stripe is a feature? I though it was a bug, I was going to report it as one. ROFL.

Other than that I'm liking what I see, except the small font size.
Hahah, the first time that I saw that stripe, I moved my mouse cursor over it, because I though it was one of these sliding boxes that show text/image, that some websites have.
Kinda similar to the dropdown menus of the new bar, know what I mean?
What small font you talking about? The font is still the same, to me (or I need a new pair of glasses ._.).