It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Find what you're looking for faster, easier, and with style.

As some of you have already noticed, today we launched an overhauled navigation system for GOG.com. The goal is simple: to make it faster, simpler, and better for you to explore our store and find what you're looking for.

Browsing our catalog has never been easier: mouse over the Store tab for a neat dropdown menu that contains ongoing sales, a detailed breakdown of our games categories, and several top-tier suggestions.
To bring our games closer to you, we've also made several improvements to our search engine, so locating the title you're after should be much more straightforward now. Those accessing our store through mobile will notice that these changes have dramatically improved their experience, as well.

But that's not all! If you want to reach Support, interact with the Community, or manage your Account, you'll find that the intuitive dropdown menus make for a much more fluid experience, saving you time that could be spent playing your favorite games!

Your account name and avatar are now clearly visible on top at all times, so you can tell at a glance if you're logged in and on which account. Last but not least, redeeming gift codes and switching between languages or currencies is now more readily available with no need to scroll to the bottom of the page.

Enjoy!
IAmSinistar: Only spent a couple minutes with it so far, but I like it. The sale and game categories in the dropdowns are handy. And congratulations on rediscovering the existence of colour. ^_^
Could you please tell me where I can find this colour? All I see is black and white :(
Wonderful. Now I have to fix my "Prevent the header from being pinned to the top of the viewport" userstyle and my "Community notifications in the favicon" userscript and I have to wait even longer before the header becomes usefully responsive in my browser.

At least it seems that everything that was outside the header is still duplicated outside the header (eg. the "On Sale" tab on the frontpage) and I already habitually use Firefox's AwesomeBar history to access my account, so I can ignore the "New And Improved Sluggishness" experience.

EDIT: ...but, on the plus side, it definitely does make it easier to know which sales are currently ongoing and the links like "redeem" are easier to find now.

EDIT: ...but, in its current state, it definitely feels less consistent with the aesthetic of the rest of the page content.
Post edited April 26, 2017 by ssokolow
While a change in the graphic is welcome, I don't believe that's great of an improvement.
Feature al mostly the same, navigation is not faster, filter are the same, account navigation, info and notification were not touched. Basically I cannot do something new or better with this updates and still lack what was asked for years.
Maybe a nice ui is not that important.
Post edited April 26, 2017 by MIK0
Now add links to a game's forum on it's store page. Have a collapsible changelog section on the game's store page (this is pretty handy info before buying a game and is currently unavailable to people that don't own the game unless one checks the forum). How about being able to download games I own from the store page as well?

That being said, I do like the new navigation menu.

russellskanne: GOG, shouldn't this information: https://support.gog.com/hc/en-us/sections/202834565-FAQ-What-is-GOG-com- be placed under the about tab?
Also, this.
Don't know what this awful font is... so I overwrote it. With that fix, the rest of it isn't that bad at all. I like the new store menu.
There's a big black void between "Account" and "Cart" now, is that how it's supposed to be?
The "new" font on the boards is terrible.

Apart from those two points, it's mostly an improvement, I guess.
After some time I must say I preferred when menu bar wasn't always visible. And holy cow, did they change the font again, or someone somewhere simply noticed it did look differently on linux?
Positive interface changes! It is a rarity these days (I've seen too many horrible changes on the net and for desktop programs).
But your web team was always commendable in my opinion. Good job!
InkPanther: After some time I must say I preferred when menu bar wasn't always visible.
That was a script change from what I recall. Wait a few days and the scripts should be updated.
Thanks for the improvement GOG!

Have you also fixed the tags of some games?

Many games aren't organized they way they should be. For instance, when you click on a game with the horror genre tag you may not necessarily get all games with the horror tag. Other genres are similar. In general since horror doesn't have it's own main category and is only a sub category it's hard to locate all of the games at times.

Just an idea that would organize games further!
I might like it more as I get used to it, but so far I'm mostly noticing negative things:

- Fonts are too small.

- Did the top bar always follow you down the page before? I really dislike that, as it wastes even more screen space and just doesn't "feel" right. It makes the bar feel like something I should be able to turn off, like it's in the way. The transparency adds to this feeling, since you can almost see something behind it. The purple strip also wastes space and just looks awful.

- Are notifications in the top bar gone now? It was really nice not having to manually check for chat messages, forum replies, and game updates.

The only new thing I like so far is that being able to hover over the "Store" tab and see featured games/deals is neat. However, it's also missing things like the Weekly Sale, so that could use some work too. Mostly this feels like change for the sake of change to me.
InkPanther: After some time I must say I preferred when menu bar wasn't always visible.
JMich: That was a script change from what I recall. Wait a few days and the scripts should be updated.
I don't understand what script you're writing about...
JMich: That was a script change from what I recall. Wait a few days and the scripts should be updated.
InkPanther: I don't understand what script you're writing about...
Adalia's Fundamentals or Barefoot's Essentials. One of those was making the header transparent from what I recall.
Or do you mean that the header didn't scroll down before, and I've already forgotten about that?
Yeah, I noticed it, I really like it but as someone already say fonts are too small now. I'll prefer the same size as before.

Thanks guys and keep improving!!!
-delete me-
Post edited April 26, 2017 by crt0mega