It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
IMPORTANT: Please read before posting This topic has been provided to discuss the latest releases of our Downloader (for both Mac and Windows systems) and to submit bug reports. The stable releases (recommended for most users) can be found at this address:http://www.gog.com/downloader.

Latest version:

Mac OS X - 1.2 (build 512)
Windows - 3.6.0

Both Downloaders now have the option of sending Error Reports directly to us (this can be found in app under Settings).
Post edited October 29, 2013 by Fallen_Zen
Downloading at 250/350kb/s with a 50mb conecction...why? :(
EDIT: solved, was my ISP fault.
Post edited August 14, 2014 by Gaiden
Your launcher doesn't seem to have any way of cancelling a download. What the ****.

Just installed the new GoG.com downloader, then clicked on windows installer for Witcher 2.

I assumed it would then prompt me to where I wanted to download this ****ing massive 15gb installer, but no it just automatically starts downloading it onto my tiny ass SSD.

I only then found the option to set download location in the settings menu, so I go to try and cancel / restart the download but it looks like there's no option to do that.

I go as far as uninstalling the downloader, deleting the partially downloaded file, then reinstalling it, but IT JUST STARTS TRYING TO DOWNLOAD WITCHER 2 TO MY SSD AGAIN

I did some googling and according to other posts on this forum the only way to cancel this goddam gigantic download is to manually edit the ****ing registry. For ****'s sake. Whoever thought that was a good idea needs to be fired.

Out of a cannon.

Into the sun.
T0bias: so I go to try and cancel / restart the download but it looks like there's no option to do that.
Right click on the file being downloaded, choose "Cancel Download". A popup will tell you that this will also delete all files, and if you want to proceed. Click Yes.

T0bias: I go as far as uninstalling the downloader, deleting the partially downloaded file, then reinstalling it, but IT JUST STARTS TRYING TO DOWNLOAD WITCHER 2 TO MY SSD AGAIN
The list of files the downloader queues can be found in %localappdata%\GOG.com. Delete all the .bin files there, and the queue will be cleared.
T0bias: so I go to try and cancel / restart the download but it looks like there's no option to do that.
JMich: Right click on the file being downloaded, choose "Cancel Download". A popup will tell you that this will also delete all files, and if you want to proceed. Click Yes.

T0bias: I go as far as uninstalling the downloader, deleting the partially downloaded file, then reinstalling it, but IT JUST STARTS TRYING TO DOWNLOAD WITCHER 2 TO MY SSD AGAIN
JMich: The list of files the downloader queues can be found in %localappdata%\GOG.com. Delete all the .bin files there, and the queue will be cleared.
I tried right clicking on the download and there was no option to cancel it. Thanks for the info about the .bin file though.
T0bias: I tried right clicking on the download and there was no option to cancel it.
Right Clicking should give you two options, "Remove from list" and "Open enclosing folder". The first one should cancel it.
What were the options you had on right click?
sabasebatyne: So, any ideas?
JMich: Does it appear on the system tray? It is possible that it starts minimized, so it goes directly to the system tray and is not visible.
I have the same issue and my downloader icon is shown in system tray, but I can't do nothing with it :( No click, no double click, no right click, nothing give me option to see GOG window and my actual download progress. The only thing I see is when I rught click on it, it shows options resume, pause, exit, but when I look at download location there is only file "setup_the_witcher2_ee_3.4.0.25-1.bin" and size is 0KB. I reinstall new version of GOG downloader at least 3 times but nothing has changed. Unable to use it...BTW, I try to download the Witcher 2 currently (since I bought it for me and 1 copy as a gift).

P.S. My OS is Windows 7 64 bit.
Post edited August 16, 2014 by Sibberius
It's ridiculously unintuitive but right clicking on the game title in the downloader itself does nothing. You have to right click on the progress bar to see the options pop up to remove it from the queue.

I had a similar problem today where the downloader was trying to re-download a game I'd already installed. Don't know why it wanted to do it but that got it sorted.

For Sibberius, have you tried alt-tabbing to see if it's an active window that's hiding somewhere? I noticed that if the window is active on my desktop with the icon on the taskbar, the gog downloader in the system tray does what you described and doesn't pop up.
Post edited August 16, 2014 by titaneer
Strange thing just happened.
My gog downloader shows that it's downloading my entire library again. it took few minutes so that can't be true becouse size of my library - 106 Gb. And it want to install all my games again. Kinda strange coz i have all my games already installed. Dunno what happened.
I would like to request improved support for updates. It is very difficult to identify and properly download all updates at present given the website only periodically tells you what has been "updated" though many times I can't tell what has changed.

Please develop a way for the downloader to scan your current download directory, identify file versions, find the current version for each file and provide a dialog allowing you to select which new files to download.

Thanks!

Jason
For some reason the games I would like to download do not appear in the GoG Downloader anymore. It worked super fine for some months but out of a sudden it does not anymore. I already reinstalled the downloader without any better.

Any hints what I might check for investigating this further?

Edit:
I use Windows 7 64bit, Browser: Iron 33.0 (Chrome)
Post edited August 25, 2014 by Moeffz
Cant add anything to the downloader right now, its just stops responding and crashes. Tried installing the latest version without any success.
Trying to download a movie crashes the downloader. (Windows version 3.6.0.0)

And when I restart the downloader it pops up a window asking if I want to submit a crash report.

If I click yes... it says submitted, and closes the downloader, so I have to open it again.
Clearsong: Trying to download a movie crashes the downloader. (Windows version 3.6.0.0)

And when I restart the downloader it pops up a window asking if I want to submit a crash report.

If I click yes... it says submitted, and closes the downloader, so I have to open it again.
The same things happens on my PC.
Clearsong: Trying to download a movie crashes the downloader. (Windows version 3.6.0.0)

same here while attempting to download the 1080p "Rewind This!" or the 720p episodes of " Once Upon Atari"
Post edited August 27, 2014 by genericola

Same thing's happening to me.
Post edited August 27, 2014 by DrKat