It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
IMPORTANT: Please read before posting This topic has been provided to discuss the latest releases of our Downloader (for both Mac and Windows systems) and to submit bug reports. The stable releases (recommended for most users) can be found at this address:http://www.gog.com/downloader.

Latest version:

Mac OS X - 1.2 (build 512)
Windows - 3.6.0

Both Downloaders now have the option of sending Error Reports directly to us (this can be found in app under Settings).
Post edited October 29, 2013 by Fallen_Zen
Edit: Just going ahead and restarting the download.

If I get an checksum error with the downloader, is there really any other option than redownloading it?
Post edited June 13, 2014 by zaine-h
zaine-h: Edit: Just going ahead and restarting the download.

If I get an checksum error with the downloader, is there really any other option than redownloading it?
A checksum is a mathematically unique hash code for a file generated from the contents of the file and designed so that the slightest difference in the file, such as one bit being flipped from on to off or vice versa will result in a huge difference in the checksum which then indicates that the file is corrupted somehow.

So, if you get a checksum error (with anything that uses checksums not just GOG downloader), this indicates the file is corrupted. That could be because it was corrupted transferring over the Internet to your computer, having damaged computer memory or hard disk sectors which corrupt the file, or it could be due to software corruption such as a buggy driver scribbling all over memory in the system corrupting random data, could be due to system overheating some component in the computer or other factors. In any case, a bad checksum indicates the file as the software (GOG downloader) sees it, does not match the file stored on GOG's servers and either the file or the checksum itself got corrupted somewhere along the way.

Knowing how that works, the only option is to obtain an uncorrupted copy of the file to replace the corrupted one. That will generally mean downloading it, or breaking into GOG offices in the middle of the night and copying it onto a memory stick. :) There isn't really any other option to fix a corrupted file other than to obtain it uncorrupted again somehow and the two options are GOG downloader or direct HTTP downloads. Having said that, if you don't know how or why the download got corrupted in the first place, it could just as easily get corrupted the second time you try to download it as well. In either case, if it tells you the checksum doesn't match it is detecting that corruption occurred somewhere along the line.

Hope this helps.
skeletonbow: That will generally mean downloading it, or breaking into GOG offices in the middle of the night and copying it onto a memory stick. :)
I like the sound of that idea. :)
ytsejam91: If i limit the speed say at 45 KB/s it still downloads at full 85-88 KB/s (but says 45 on the interface). I checked with a network activity monitor and by checking numbers on the downloaded amount of data.
I'm running into a similar issue. It shows a reduced speed in the bottom left of the downloader window, but the progress of the downloads is clearly much faster.

I have the timer set to limit the speed between 08:00 and 02:00 (i.e. to allow full speed overnight, and limit it during the day.) It's not obeying this either.

I'm using 3.6.0.0 stable
System is Win8.
At first attempt the downloader stopped roughtly at 50% and locked the computer hard. Only way to recover was to restart computer using power button. Now the downloader does not even show when started from Win8 shitty type GOG and click to start but does hang the computer hard. Only way to recover is to use power button.
SVisor: System is Win8.
At first attempt the downloader stopped roughtly at 50% and locked the computer hard. Only way to recover was to restart computer using power button. Now the downloader does not even show when started from Win8 shitty type GOG and click to start but does hang the computer hard. Only way to recover is to use power button.
If your computer is locking up hard, that indicates that you either have a hardware fault (bad power supply, bad RAM, bad CPU, bad video card or other hardware), bad power (brownouts or spikes/sags), or an operating system or driver bug (video drivers are frequently the offending factor). Userland software such as the GOG downloader do not have any kind of direct access to the hardware which can cause the system to lock up. Applications can trigger lockups, but only through underlying buggy drivers or operating system bugs or hardware flaws. If you're having lockups, GOG Downloader may be the user visible trigger, but definitely is not the underlying cause from a technical perspective.

Hope this helps.
SVisor: System is Win8.
skeletonbow: If your computer is locking up hard, that indicates that you either have a hardware fault (bad power supply, bad RAM, bad CPU, bad video card or other hardware), bad power (brownouts or spikes/sags), or an operating system or driver bug (video drivers are frequently the offending factor). Userland software such as the GOG downloader do not have any kind of direct access to the hardware which can cause the system to lock up. Applications can trigger lockups, but only through underlying buggy drivers or operating system bugs or hardware flaws. If you're having lockups, GOG Downloader may be the user visible trigger, but definitely is not the underlying cause from a technical perspective.

Hope this helps.
Exactly. I would start by running check disk (chkdsk) as you may have bad sectors on your hard drive. Can take quite awhile for a large drive but should be done.
never mind, going to try and download it on a separate computer and transfer my files over to see if that solves my problem
Post edited June 18, 2014 by jpplautz
Hi, I can't seem to download anything through gog downloader any more. I click on the installer in download mode and nothing happens. Can anyone explain what the problem might be? Thanks.
jn07: Hi, I can't seem to download anything through gog downloader any more. I click on the installer in download mode and nothing happens. Can anyone explain what the problem might be? Thanks.
Browser and OS?
jn07: Hi, I can't seem to download anything through gog downloader any more. I click on the installer in download mode and nothing happens. Can anyone explain what the problem might be? Thanks.
JMich: Browser and OS?
Chrome and Windows 8. Tried it in explorer though and it seems to be working now.
JMich: Browser and OS?
jn07: Chrome and Windows 8. Tried it in explorer though and it seems to be working now.
Chrome is known to have troubles with the downloader on Windows 8, but the newer version (of Chrome) seems to have fixed it.
jn07: Chrome and Windows 8. Tried it in explorer though and it seems to be working now.
JMich: Chrome is known to have troubles with the downloader on Windows 8, but the newer version (of Chrome) seems to have fixed it.
Good to know. Thank you.
Hi. I have problem with gog downloader.

the problem is:
i have download the gog downloader--> sign in(online)--> try to download something

but download don't start. I see only 3 voice in the page
resume all
pause all
Settings

Resume all not clickable
Pause all Clickable but no effect
settings going in another page with general setting, save downloads to, update and report.

with this program i have download blade of darkness and First Risen without problem. But now don't wolk and i don't understand what goes wrong.
I used to download my games thru the downloader perfectly with Win7 but now I can't download anything with Win8. I click the link and nothing happens.