It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
IMPORTANT: Please read before posting This topic has been provided to discuss the latest releases of our Downloader (for both Mac and Windows systems) and to submit bug reports. The stable releases (recommended for most users) can be found at this address:http://www.gog.com/downloader.

Latest version:

Mac OS X - 1.2 (build 512)
Windows - 3.6.0

Both Downloaders now have the option of sending Error Reports directly to us (this can be found in app under Settings).
Post edited October 29, 2013 by Fallen_Zen
Hi, am new to this - I have purchased a game and would like to download it. Do I run or save the file
Nichola01: Hi, am new to this - I have purchased a game and would like to download it. Do I run or save the file
Welcome to the site. Assuming you are asking about the game's installers, best suggestion is to save the file (all parts of the installer, not just the first one), then run the .exe file to install your game. You may safely delete and/or backup the setup files once the installation is complete, since they should no longer be needed.

Enjoy your games :)
Any tentative date for the release of GOG Downloader for Linux? :-)
I get this error message when trying to download any game. I have downloader switched to on and use lastest version

Error -302 when loading url gogdownloader://harvester/installer_win_en

Win 7 64 bit
Does GOG.com Downloader works with proxy or a proxifier? Why there is no proxy settings in this application?
Is there any solution to the GOG downloader not working. at all? I never get prompt to login, I can never actually access the window (despite the fact there is a tray icon). it just refuses to work. and it's been this for almost an entire year now.
As of the latest stable Windows GOG Downloader release 3.6.0.0, the issue of the magnifying glass button going to My Documents instead of to the download folder still has not been fixed.

Search reveals last mention of this being worked on was on January 07, 2013.

Has there been any updates regarding this issue?
Post edited March 29, 2014 by Jonesybunny
Jonesybunny: As of the latest stable Windows GOG Downloader release 3.6.0.0, the issue of the magnifying glass button going to My Documents instead of to the download folder still has not been fixed.

Search reveals last mention of this being worked on was on January 07, 2013.

Has there been any updates regarding this issue?
I would recommend just repointing the Downloader to your preferred folder. I had this issue pop up once and once I repointed the Downloader to my preferred folder this never happened again :)
JudasIscariot: I would recommend just repointing the Downloader to your preferred folder. I had this issue pop up once and once I repointed the Downloader to my preferred folder this never happened again :)
Re-pointing the directory and, important, restarting the downloader has indeed fixed the problem.

Thank you JudasIscariot!
Not sure if this problem has affected anyone else, but here we go:

About a year ago I was working abroad, and at that time I downloaded the GOG downloader only to have it download at abysmally low speeds (like 645 bytes per second). Strangely, when downloading GOG games through, say, DownThemAll or Firefox's standard download manager downloads would go through fine, if the latter would be a tad slower than I'd like.

After returning to the United States I recently reinstalled GOG's downloader. It worked normally for, say, two or three games but when asked to download games I once again have it downloading at a mere 10.5 KB per second. This especially happens when I have the downloader hit pause (I sometimes have spotty internet access so this is necessary) and try to have the download resume.

Is there a fix for this? If not, I wonder if the next version can solve this problem...

I'm using Windows 7 Professional 32 Bit on a Lenovo T430 with standard hardware. Not exactly a gaming rig but it works well with pretty much everything in GOG's catalogue thus far. Browser is Firefox 28.
AquaticIdealist: Is there a fix for this? If not, I wonder if the next version can solve this problem...
Something similar has been reported before, and it was due to the user's security suite blocking the downloader. Check your firewall and/or antivirus and see if whitelisting the downloader solves it.
As to why some games download at proper speeds, while others don't, as I recall the free games are hosted in a different CDN than the paid ones, so if the firewall limits connection to one CDN but not the other, that behavior can be observed.

A second possibility is that the downloader's concurrent connections is set too high and results in a congested connection. Try setting the connections to one, which should have the same speeds as a single download thread from your browser.
Two things I would like added to the downloader are a scheduler so I can pick the time to download and a minimise icon. I know you can just open another window on top, but I would like the option to minimise to task bar.

Regards
I can't download any of my games because I get an error saying gogdownloader isn't associated with any programs. How can I fix this?
BriteLeaf: I can't download any of my games because I get an error saying gogdownloader isn't associated with any programs. How can I fix this?
Try uninstalling and re-installing it :)
BriteLeaf: I can't download any of my games because I get an error saying gogdownloader isn't associated with any programs. How can I fix this?
JudasIscariot: Try uninstalling and re-installing it :)
Been there, done that four times

Found and rand the downloader.reg file and that fixed it.

YAY!!! =)
Post edited April 05, 2014 by BriteLeaf