It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
IMPORTANT: Please read before posting This topic has been provided to discuss the latest releases of our Downloader (for both Mac and Windows systems) and to submit bug reports. The stable releases (recommended for most users) can be found at this address:http://www.gog.com/downloader.

Latest version:

Mac OS X - 1.2 (build 512)
Windows - 3.6.0

Both Downloaders now have the option of sending Error Reports directly to us (this can be found in app under Settings).
Post edited October 29, 2013 by Fallen_Zen
Fallen_Zen: No need to refresh, I'll send you a PM ;)
OK! ;-)
stefanm: bump*
Fallen_Zen: Guys problem solved, the bug was found and fixed. Nevertheless it requires me to release an update. It should be out tomorrow or wednesday, I can provide with a test release for you guys probably today. How about that?
Hi,
sure, go ahead. I am happy with helping you to test the new version. Thanks for the quick fixing. Just let me know where to find the test realese and I'll give it a try asap.

Stefan
Hello guys, my name is Mario and I'm from Croatia.

I downloaded today GOG.com Downloader and wanted to try it out, but when i double click on shortcut downloader doesn't start at all, it just flashes briefly in processes and nothing else happens.

I have latest 3.5.7 version of downloader on windows xp sp2 32-bit.

And here is the logger.log file info:

UNHANDLED ERROR!
Message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Stack trace: at SingleInstanceApplication.WpfApp.OnStartup(StartupEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Application.<.ctor>b__0(Object unused)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter, Delegate catchHandler)
Inner exception:
Message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Stack trace: at SingleInstanceApplication.WpfApp.OnStartup(StartupEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Application.<.ctor>b__0(Object unused)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter, Delegate catchHandler)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WrappedInvoke(Delegate callback, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter, Delegate catchHandler)
at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()
at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeInSecurityContext(Object state)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.runTryCode(Object userData)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.ExecuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode code, CleanupCode backoutCode, Object userData)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke()
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue()
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WrappedInvoke(Delegate callback, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter, Delegate catchHandler)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.InvokeImpl(DispatcherPriority priority, TimeSpan timeout, Delegate method, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.Invoke(DispatcherPriority priority, Delegate method, Object arg)
at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam)
at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(MSG& msg)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(DispatcherFrame frame)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrame(DispatcherFrame frame)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.Run()
at System.Windows.Application.RunDispatcher(Object ignore)
at System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(Window window)
at System.Windows.Application.Run(Window window)
at System.Windows.Application.Run()
at SingleInstanceApplication.SingleInstanceApplicationWrapper.OnStartup(StartupEventArgs e)
Inner exception:

Hope you can help me figure out what is the problem, tnx in advance, cheers...
8-)
still no improvement. I think that the problem is caused by the new version of the downloader (3.5.7).
Something is seriously wrong with this version. I tried to install it on my other pc which also has windows xp sp2 32-bit installed and it gets stuck on the end of the installation.

Here is the picture:
Attachments:
example.jpg (30 Kb)
slow.rexy: Something is seriously wrong with this version. I tried to install it on my other pc which also has windows xp sp2 32-bit installed and it gets stuck on the end of the installation.

Here is the picture:
We didn't change anything in the installer script. Could you please send me or upload to the pastebin.com a log file from the %appdata%\GOG.com?
After additional testing i figured out the problem. Seems my first pc is to old and to weak to run downloader properly (or even to finish installation properly), and on second pc, after i waited over 10 mins for installation to finish, downloader worked fine.

So I apologize for the inconveniance, I'm smarter now...
8-)
slow.rexy: Something is seriously wrong with this version. I tried to install it on my other pc which also has windows xp sp2 32-bit installed and it gets stuck on the end of the installation.

Here is the picture:
Szulak: We didn't change anything in the installer script. Could you please send me or upload to the pastebin.com a log file from the %appdata%\GOG.com?
I'm having a similar problem where I install it successfully, and when I run it, it appears in the task bar then disappears.

I've attempted to run as administrator as well.

I am on Win7 64 bit.
I have a question, is there anyway to make the downloader not download uncompatible options? for instance for Torchlight there's an editing mod but it's PC only and the same is true of REDkit so if I have a MAC client why does it download those? or atleast give me the option not to download it
Thanks
If anyone would like to help us test the newest version of the Mac Downloader, please download this zip file and replace the previous version with the one inside it: http://static.gog.com/download/d3/mac-stable/GOG_Downloader_1.2_397_beta.zip

We've fixed few bugs and problems, mainly with downloading bonus content bigger than 2GB (this is only related to the RedKit from The Witcher 2 bonuses).
The Downloader is downloading The Witcher Enhanced Edition, but I no longer see the download progress of the file to let me know approximately how much time is left to completion,,,any suggestions?
johnfortin: The Downloader is downloading The Witcher Enhanced Edition, but I no longer see the download progress of the file to let me know approximately how much time is left to completion,,,any suggestions?
Which OS are you using? Could you post a screenshot and contents of the log file?
johnfortin: The Downloader is downloading The Witcher Enhanced Edition, but I no longer see the download progress of the file to let me know approximately how much time is left to completion,,,any suggestions?
Fallen_Zen: Which OS are you using? Could you post a screenshot and contents of the log file?
Windows Vista Home Edition

How do I get the screen shot? it says it is sending now, but i don't see it
Fallen_Zen: Which OS are you using? Could you post a screenshot and contents of the log file?
johnfortin: Windows Vista Home Edition

Here is a guide how to make a screenshot: http://www.take-a-screenshot.org/
Strangew, it says Online and shows the download rate in kb/s, but not the actual completed download status of the file itself..it used to!
johnfortin: Windows Vista Home Edition

Szulak: Here is a guide how to make a screenshot: http://www.take-a-screenshot.org/
Under settings, Report...it says send log file, but it is not visible
Post edited June 25, 2013 by johnfortin