It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Activity Feed • Gameplay Stats • Personalization

UPDATE: We've added a new option to the Privacy settings in GOG Profiles - from now on you can turn off your profile on GOG entirely, so no one can see any kind of information that is shown on the profile page. This also means that when you turn off your profile, you won’t be visible on your friends’ friends lists, even if they decide to keep their profiles visible.
The option to enable/disable your GOG Profile can be found in your account „Privacy & Settings” options, under „Privacy” tab.

We just introduced a new feature on GOG.COM: User Profiles – a social way to share what you and your friends are up to. See what your friends on GOG are playing, achieving, and sharing across four sections – Feed, Profile, Games and Friends.

Your Feed is the centerpiece of your Profile. Here, you’ll see which games your friends have been playing, all sorts of achievements and milestones, as well as general thoughts, screenshots, and forum activity. You can dispense your approval at whim and share your own stuff as well!

Your Profile is all about you and your gaming accomplishments. It's a summary of your activity, like the time you've spent in your games , your latest achievements (and just how rare they are among other users), as well as a glimpse at what your most active friends have been up to.

If you want to know more about your Games, you need to hit the the third tab. It contains a list of all the games you own on GOG, together with stats like time spent in-game and your progress towards unlocking the achievements. Sort the list, compare stats with your friends, and get some healthy competition going.

Finally – your Friends: get a general summary of their achievements and hours played. Here you'll also see which games are the most popular among your friends right now, so you can join them in multiplayer or find something you might enjoy yourself.

Of course, your profile comes with some sweet personalization options, choose a wallpaper from your game collection and share a few words with the world.

User Profiles are available for all GOG.COM users. Your personal gameplay stats like achievements, time played and milestones depend on GOG Galaxy, but if you’re not using the optional client you can still use the feed, post in it and interact with your friends.

Launching profiles also means adding new privacy settings on our end. You'll find three new Privacy options in your account's „Privacy & settings” area. These settings allow you to set the visibility for your profile summary, your games, your friends, etc.
So what are you waiting for? There's so much room for activities!
SpiderFighter: Is it just me or are profile backgrounds no longer working?
Djaron: maybe they are fixing them for the issue of text color vs background color mentioned earlier ?
Ah, thanks. I missed that.
No option to set a custom background. Eh, guess I'll go with the Downwell one they have.
high rated
This update has me wishing for the ability to wipe my achievement and gametime stas. I'd rather not have these tracked at all since I have gameplay and achievements both disabled in GOG galaxy. I'd love a GOG galaxy fork that's just the ability to launch games.
keeveek: b... but... MUH FREEDOM?

Now people can see the games I have and what next? What kind of underwear I wear?

[spoiler]Trick question, I don't wear any[/spoiler]
victorchopin: Hey man, just clicked on the add as a friend button or whatever, my bad! ;(
Was trying to check some privacy issues and stuff. Been... experimenting in here, heh.
No problemo, I know how to click on "Decline" without my tinfoil hat on.
high rated
HypersomniacLive: If you have any friends with public profiles, your relation to them can be, and is already being broadcasted to everyone logged in, which is only a facebook account away.
Thanks for the info.

Looks like GOG's implementation of profiles is even worse then.
Broacasting our profiles through friends, even if private, rendering privacy settings useless.
high rated
gogwitcher300: Lets just hope GoG will not turn into Steam
Too late. At least with Steam I had the option to not have a profile set up.
Post edited April 23, 2018 by Firefox31780
talkin about background, a REAL question here:

if/when my settings are switched on "only me", when i would change background color (or picture) it says "save and publish it"

will it means that if i ever personalize my profile any further than the greyish blue default, and validate the personalization i made, it will then be published publicly ? or the profile will remain hidden except for me to see it ?

i ask because the whole "PUBLISH IT" in the button/warning makes me very cautious and unsure

(i mean at least if i ever click on the profile link by mistake on the drop down menu, i prefer to have a view that is appealing to me only)

and also, i guess one could use one's own profile's feed as some paper note for whatever things related to one's account and games.
after all it is MY profile, i can use it compeltely in unintended and strange ways as i see fit, while/as long as i keep it only for myself, right ?
Why the profile page is so slow on Chrome? It takes forever to move on that page.
high rated
So, once again GOG pushes out a feature without proper testing or listening to feedback from users (no, one seemingly unimportant forum thread made 5 days beforehand isn't enough, sorry), resulting in a half-assed thing that no one is really happy with, with some wanting more privacy and others wanting more social functions. When are you going to learn from your mistakes?

Anyway, while I'm not angry about this profile thing as some other posters seem to be (since I honestly don't see other people knowing how many games I own, that I don't use Galaxy and that I don't have any GOG "friends" as a big deal), I would still prefer to keep as much privacy as I can if at all possible.

As such, I don't see why there isn't an option to hide everything from other users. And I do think those who want more social features like integration with Steam or whatever should have the option. The fact is that profiles are an important enough feature both to people with privacy concerns and to people who want the social media thing that pushing it out the usual way (no warning, no listening to feedback from customers, no asking for features suggestions, etc...) was a terrible idea.

It's been almost 10 years, GOG. When are you going to grow up, start taking this stuff seriously and learn from your mistakes? This kind of thing was excusable when you were small and new, not so much now...
low rated
Ghildrean: Why the profile page is so slow on Chrome? It takes forever to move on that page.
Because Chrome sux

Glad I could help :D
high rated
IronArcturus: So is there a way to turn off the "profile" entirely? Many people on GOG don't want to use this feature.
This. Just give us a simple option to just turn off the thing completely. I know I will be losing the opportunity of a lifetime to be a full member of the fluffy huggy goggy family of friends, but I think I'll somehow survive. I'm willing to take that chance.
high rated
IronArcturus: So is there a way to turn off the "profile" entirely? Many people on GOG don't want to use this feature.
Breja: This. Just give us a simple option to just turn off the thing completely. I know I will be losing the opportunity of a lifetime to be a full member of the fluffy huggy goggy family of friends, but I think I'll somehow survive. I'm willing to take that chance.
i think i too am ready for such trade off...

i know i'll loose a priceless asset in my life, but hey... i dont think i'm ready for so much happyness and i couldnt handle it... not to mention i could lessen the experience of those who do...

wait.. wait... wait ! did you say it was fluffy too ? i mean, i knew it was huggy and happy and such... but if it's also FLUFFY, lemme reconsider for a moment ;)
Post edited April 23, 2018 by Djaron
Suggestion: if you believe any changes will affect how much money you spend on GOG, consider messaging Support. I sent them one encouraging letting people to turn off the upper-right corner info (though I don't spend enough money here for it to really affect my choice).

https://support.gog.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?form=other
HypersomniacLive: From the profile page:

What's up, HypersomniacLive?
HypersomniacLive: Well, a number of things are disappointing and worrisome, but not all that surprising; this is GOG, after all.

So we have a New Account System déjà vu - make a non-distinct thread a few days prior, leave our questions unanswered, thanks us for feedback that you're just throwing away, then proceed with your original plan on Monday without prior adequate communication to your users, leaking personal data of even people that had gotten wind of the unofficial thread and changes their settings to the full privacy. GOG never changes, nor learns, eh?

Good that some people are happy about it. I wouldn't care about this profile business if GOG had implemented it right. But. Where to start...

@GOG:

1. I have to wonder - which part of "only me" don't you understand? When one chooses that setting for their profile, all it should say to whoever clicks on that link is that said profile is private. You know private, as not share anything with anyone, period? The sort of info is irrelevant, if one's choice is to share nothing. Even Steam does a better job at this.

2. Care to explain why when one has chosen "only me" for every single one of these social settings, and has also chosen to not be visible they're still included in the list of five friends in people's public profiles?
See my second attachment. Three of the listed people are on my friends list, and I can't access any of their info, their friends list included (except, of course, the info you broadcast regardless of one's settings, not only when visiting their own profiles, but also when they land on that five friends list on public profiles). Yet, you happily let everyone and their cat logged in to GOG see that they're friends with so and so.
Care to explain how this respects their choice to remain private?
I asked this very question a few days ago in the pre-release thread of this one and, surprise surprise, got no answer. Perhaps you'd be so gracious as to grant me one here? Or do I need to submit a ticket only to be offered an apology for the inconvenience?

3. I get that you want people to have access to the non-common friends of one's friends, but could you explain why those lists include people that have chosen not to be visible? I've spotted at least one I know has that visibility box unticked, yet I can see they're friends with a couple of my friends. Is that setting even doing anything, or is it there just to create the illusion of having a choice?

You're forcing people to unfriend people due to the way you've implemented this; so much for the big happy GOG family, eh?

To sum it up - I get why you want this to take off and be adopted by as many people possible, and great for those who want these social features, but you really need to respect the choices of those that don't, and just want to go their merry private way. When you call these settings privacy ones you need to treat them as such - "only me" means "only me", not "only you, unless I, GOG, decide, it doesn't". This is what makes this whole thing disappointing and frustrating, that you, as an online store, offer different privacy levels only to turn around and disrespect people's choices.

On a different note - one can't right-click on the links in friends drop-down menus. We said it in the new notification system, I'll repeat here as well - not everybody uses Galaxy, and multiple tabs have been a thing in browsers for ages now. Your focus may be the Galaxy client, but you still have a site, and it's time you code accordingly when intorducing features that are not Galaxy exclusive.

And please offer an option to disable notifications for the activity feed - having that purple dot blink on the nav-bar is starting to get annoying. But I forgot, we asked the same about the other notifications, and got nothing; cheers.

HypersomniacLive: Emm... no. A non-distinct thread where not even the OP was pinned on every page doesn't cut it.

puviani: Dear GOG.com,

Please look up the word "privacy" in the dictionary.

With privacy settings on maximum, you can still see the number of games in someone's library and the number of hours of play that were tracked by Galaxy. That's none of anyone's business and it's not up to you to decide to make that public. When someone wants privacy, you should hide the profile entirely. [...]
HypersomniacLive: As you can see from my comments, It's worse than that.

Desmight: That's maybe why the wrong number displayed. In the user profile, every game is linked to its store page, so maybe GOG API doesn't "recognize" the games that are not on the store anymore. Pretty weird!
HypersomniacLive: Nope, I have games not sold here anymore and the count matches for me. It's just another case of random bugs randomly hitting random users; nothing new on GOG.

Celton88: Hi GoG,

Thank you for continuing to innovate. I'm sure there will be speed bumps and setbacks along the way, but progress isn't always smooth.
HypersomniacLive: Leaking people's info that have set these settings to "only me" through the public profiles of their friends is considered innovation? One learns something everyday...

Jeysie: This just feels like a distinction without a difference to me. The info has always been there; it isn't any more public now than it already was. [...]/
HypersomniacLive: Until now, I couldn't see my friends' friends lists, let alone peek on a dynamically changing subset of friends of people that aren't my friends. Until now I didn't know how many games my friends had unless they told me of their own free volition, let alone peek on the info of people that aren't my friends. Until now I didn't know anything about people's achievements and playtimes if I weren't using Galaxy myself. No, not all of that info has always been there accessible to others.

Jeysie: [...] I'm also not going to be happy if the hysteria causes GOG to pull a feature I've wanted for a while now; the hysterical folks have already managed to cause GOG to make it mostly useless for me. :/
HypersomniacLive: IIRC, it was you that made at least one comment about being disappointed by the patronising tone of the other camp; I'd think you'd be one to refrain from doing the same.

vanchann: An absolutely unwanted addition for me. I don't use social networks either.
I've already set my privacy settings, so that nothing will be shared.

I'd also like to agree with all other users, who think that full privacy should have been the default.
HypersomniacLive: If you have any friends with public profiles, your relation to them can be, and is already being broadcasted to everyone logged in, which is only a facebook account away.
Well said.
It's not a matter of unwanted feature (even if there are a lot of much requested ones). As always it is a matter of freedom of choice, transparency, listening to feedback and professional implementation. Things that apparently are outside of GOG's scope. They have all the means to do good and willingly choose to do otherwise. The post of a couple of day ago, which I found by luck, seems a joke now for how useless it was. For my point of view GOG should disband the entire pr team.

I also noticed that the best way to solve part of the issue right now is to remove friends from my list. I have you on my list and I was fine even if we chatted a couple of time. I had no reason to remove you. Now I have you on my activity feed, without a way to choose what to display or not.
On my profile I have infos even I don't want to display. I see a list of recently played games which I did not play as all my games has 0h but still figure out as played somehow.
Post edited April 23, 2018 by MIK0
This thing reminds me of back in the day when B list celebrities would have a forum on their own websites. Crickets- know what I mean. Or they'd get spammed and/or trolled with every imaginable bit of dirt possible. This thing is a disaster waiting to happen.