It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Activity Feed • Gameplay Stats • Personalization

UPDATE: We've added a new option to the Privacy settings in GOG Profiles - from now on you can turn off your profile on GOG entirely, so no one can see any kind of information that is shown on the profile page. This also means that when you turn off your profile, you won’t be visible on your friends’ friends lists, even if they decide to keep their profiles visible.
The option to enable/disable your GOG Profile can be found in your account „Privacy & Settings” options, under „Privacy” tab.

We just introduced a new feature on GOG.COM: User Profiles – a social way to share what you and your friends are up to. See what your friends on GOG are playing, achieving, and sharing across four sections – Feed, Profile, Games and Friends.

Your Feed is the centerpiece of your Profile. Here, you’ll see which games your friends have been playing, all sorts of achievements and milestones, as well as general thoughts, screenshots, and forum activity. You can dispense your approval at whim and share your own stuff as well!

Your Profile is all about you and your gaming accomplishments. It's a summary of your activity, like the time you've spent in your games , your latest achievements (and just how rare they are among other users), as well as a glimpse at what your most active friends have been up to.

If you want to know more about your Games, you need to hit the the third tab. It contains a list of all the games you own on GOG, together with stats like time spent in-game and your progress towards unlocking the achievements. Sort the list, compare stats with your friends, and get some healthy competition going.

Finally – your Friends: get a general summary of their achievements and hours played. Here you'll also see which games are the most popular among your friends right now, so you can join them in multiplayer or find something you might enjoy yourself.

Of course, your profile comes with some sweet personalization options, choose a wallpaper from your game collection and share a few words with the world.

User Profiles are available for all GOG.COM users. Your personal gameplay stats like achievements, time played and milestones depend on GOG Galaxy, but if you’re not using the optional client you can still use the feed, post in it and interact with your friends.

Launching profiles also means adding new privacy settings on our end. You'll find three new Privacy options in your account's „Privacy & settings” area. These settings allow you to set the visibility for your profile summary, your games, your friends, etc.
So what are you waiting for? There's so much room for activities!
high rated
Six hours in, two friends lost. Thanks, GOG.
high rated
Yay, just what I NEVER wanted.

I don't have friends here or anywhere else. I rarely talk to people here or anywhere else. I don't want to be social here or anywhere else.

So, good for you, silent majority. Thanks for mucking up GOG...again.
high rated
bad move, GOG team. you are slowly losing touch with your long-time users.
I'm seeing some inaccuracies with the time it tracks achievements. I just unlocked an achievement in Twinkle Star Sprites just 10 minutes ago but my feed says I unlocked it 3 hours ago for some reason.
Vainamoinen: Six hours in, two friends lost. Thanks, GOG.
hey, dont worry, gog's automatic freidnds suggestions through FB and galaxy will grand you a handful of friends requests in nearly no time

also, always look at the half filled up glass instead of half empty...

you lost two "gog friends" but.. it could be worse, you could have me in your friend list, wanting to remove it and having a bug preventing you to do so

also, if those "gog friends" were decent buddies, you'll have no problem keeping yourself in touch with them regardless
low rated
Djaron: and as such, you would despise this user because you think that people with large library and/or old registration timestamp deserve to be mocked up and had no right to ask anything or express their opinion, for whatever strange logic and reason you may have ?

"The thing is, there is a small set of forum regulars who feel (for no good reason at all) that it is them who are GOG's true and only customers "

i mean, you on the contrary, seems to deny the mere same rights as any other user to a small group of persons just based on such criteria ?
for you, we are not valid/decent/rightful customers ? i really want to understand your logic, sincerely... because it puzzles me quite much...
I'm pretty sure that those who want to despise and mock random people for no particular reason will find a justification regardless of anything. I'm sure a thousand reasons can be dreamt up from what you already display on the forum: your avatar, stars, date, byline, post count, location, registration date.

The thing is, most normal people tend to only dislike others for a valid reason. Like, if someone is being hideously rude or something like that. I don't think we had any issues with people being terrorized because of their forum profile details.

All that said, I agree that you should have an option to hide your profile entirely.

If you recall my original issue was not with your desire for privacy, but rather with your claim that GOG only adds features that nobody wants.
Post edited April 23, 2018 by Alaric.us
So, the negative comments do get old, especially from people who seem or come across as having a "GOG can only do wrong now" confirmation bias.

However, I agree that "Games" "Achievements" and "Hours played" should be able to be hidden.
Attachments:
low rated
deleted
high rated
If GOG is going to copy steam features they could at least pick those that are useful, like the Key Trader or whatever it is called. Anybody who ever traded GOG keys in here wishes for such a feature to hinder scammers. Instead we get this pack of social crap.

But hey, it's very important that I see how many games someone else has to compare to myself. It could be a new form of dick-measuring contest. And I haven't even touched on the usefulness of achievement and playtime tracking that are absolutely meaningless if people don't use the optional client.
Post edited April 23, 2018 by joppo
high rated
mrmarioanonym: bad move, GOG team. you are slowly losing touch with your long-time users.
because long time users are irrelevant, and in fact, unwanted... 1st they h ad been milked down long enough 2) they are oversensitive bitchy whining minority 3) they are second class users who shoudlnt have the right to speak out their concerns/opinion or deserve the name and rights of gog users by now

what matters more is to attract newer users

some who dont know the service yet and are not used to the typical gog screwing-ups we keep witnessing for so long :)
high rated
Gearmos: Even if a profile is set to "only me", anyone can see their number of "Games", "Achievements" and "Hours played". Is that so?
soxy_lady: thats good cuz how may games is who u is

like thsis

0-50=SUPER-CHAV ya - that be me. so gangstar

50-100=3RD WORLD hello africa adn s. asia frm euroland

100-250=BLUE COLLAR a working class hero is somthing 2b

250-500=MIDDLE CLASS meh
500-750=UPPER CRUST rich bitches

>750=**THE ELITE** bow 2ur illuminasti ubermasters
That's three times in three hours you've posted this same list. Would you stop, please? It's spam now.
Post edited April 23, 2018 by SpiderFighter
There are some games that I have that for some reason I can pick up as a background at all. I have Doom and Doom II but I can't select either game to feature as my GOG profile background but Doom 3: BFG Edition I can.
Jeysie: I've always wanted this, and someone in the preview thread posted a wishlist item for this that had a large number of upvotes on it, so I'm far from the only one.
Djaron: however, you cant use this argument... i mean, there are in the wishlist many other wishes that are easy to fullfill and yet with more upvotes than this one... that are still left buried and ignored for whatever reasons
Exactly, the point is: if you do what you want regardless of feedbacks, don't justify yourself by saying you are doing that for your users. You are not. You are not for a long time now.
high rated
joppo: If GOG is going to copy steam features they could at least pick those that are useful, like the Key Trader or whatever it is called. Anybody who ever traded GOG keys in here wishes for such a feature to hinder scammers. Instead we get this pack of social crap.

But hey, it's very important that I see how many games someone else has to compare to myself. It could be a new form of dick-measuring contest. And I haven't even touched on the usefulness of achievement and playtime tracking that are absolutely meaningless if people don't use the optional client.
or "hiding owned games" in the store pages
just sayin, just sayin

i mean, i suppose that, thanks to all those recent new features, becoming a socialholic hugging rainbow-trail happy friendly gog user sure had become more and more convenient and enjoyable and appealing

but for the poor sap like me who is just a customer (and plays offline afterwards), using gog as a mere store had become more and more of a time wasting chore and with a very poor and frustrating "user experience"
Post edited April 23, 2018 by Djaron
high rated
So is there a way to turn off the "profile" entirely? Many people on GOG don't want to use this feature.