It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Activity Feed • Gameplay Stats • Personalization

UPDATE: We've added a new option to the Privacy settings in GOG Profiles - from now on you can turn off your profile on GOG entirely, so no one can see any kind of information that is shown on the profile page. This also means that when you turn off your profile, you won’t be visible on your friends’ friends lists, even if they decide to keep their profiles visible.
The option to enable/disable your GOG Profile can be found in your account „Privacy & Settings” options, under „Privacy” tab.

We just introduced a new feature on GOG.COM: User Profiles – a social way to share what you and your friends are up to. See what your friends on GOG are playing, achieving, and sharing across four sections – Feed, Profile, Games and Friends.

Your Feed is the centerpiece of your Profile. Here, you’ll see which games your friends have been playing, all sorts of achievements and milestones, as well as general thoughts, screenshots, and forum activity. You can dispense your approval at whim and share your own stuff as well!

Your Profile is all about you and your gaming accomplishments. It's a summary of your activity, like the time you've spent in your games , your latest achievements (and just how rare they are among other users), as well as a glimpse at what your most active friends have been up to.

If you want to know more about your Games, you need to hit the the third tab. It contains a list of all the games you own on GOG, together with stats like time spent in-game and your progress towards unlocking the achievements. Sort the list, compare stats with your friends, and get some healthy competition going.

Finally – your Friends: get a general summary of their achievements and hours played. Here you'll also see which games are the most popular among your friends right now, so you can join them in multiplayer or find something you might enjoy yourself.

Of course, your profile comes with some sweet personalization options, choose a wallpaper from your game collection and share a few words with the world.

User Profiles are available for all GOG.COM users. Your personal gameplay stats like achievements, time played and milestones depend on GOG Galaxy, but if you’re not using the optional client you can still use the feed, post in it and interact with your friends.

Launching profiles also means adding new privacy settings on our end. You'll find three new Privacy options in your account's „Privacy & settings” area. These settings allow you to set the visibility for your profile summary, your games, your friends, etc.
So what are you waiting for? There's so much room for activities!
Breja: It's the principle of the thing. If I set everything to private, then everything should be private.

This "Privacy is important to me but this isn't really all that important so whatever" way of thinking is exactly what allows for this ongoing rapid erosion of privacy. This isn't important, that isn't important, there's no harm in everyone knowing this little thing, and before long nothing is private anymore.

"It's not that I have something to hide. I just have nothing I want you to see". That's how real privacy works. Just because something isn't important, incriminating of sensitive, doesn't mean it ok to have it be made public without your express permission.
As mentioned I'm sure that GOG will improve the new features as well as change the privacy settings to max by default because you can hardly argue that there are any downsides to that. You have a valid point there.
high rated
Treasure: what forum topics they started e.t.c Now I feel like a stalker... :-( (and not the game one too...)
So yeah, showing this whole activity openly doesn't make me feel very comfortable, especially given that they in turn are probably going to see this very post though their profiles. And besides the "I feel as if I spied them" angle, I also might not even care about every forum topic they're going to pariticipate in
Jeysie: google.com "site:gog.com [gog user's username]"

Basically, everyone can already see every forum post you've made if they really want to, because like most forums on the internet, GOG's forums are public webpages. [shrug] Again, if you don't want something to ever be seen, the cure is still to not put it on the internet in the first place. A lot of times the information people are complaining about being "exposed" with this sort of option was already exposed to begin with because they posted it on a public or otherwise easily accessible web spot.

And I'm honestly kind of raising an eyebrow at people's reactions in general. From the way people are carrying on you'd think GOG just gave everyone on the planet your real name, home address, Social Security Number/National Identification Number, mother's maiden name, and firstborn child.

As opposed to just telling GOG users you own a few video games and played a few of them for a few hours. As a feature that many people like myself have asked for a long while now.

A feature that Steam and other gaming places have had for a long while now, which makes the whole "GOG will be in so much trouble with the EU!" so eye-rolling. It's like, not unless the EU is going to also fine almost every single gaming distribution place, they aren't.
What concerns me more tbh isn't so much if people can see my activity (since I can disable stuff from the settings) but that I get to see their activity without explicitly searching for it - that is, I know I can search the forum for the posts user XYZ made, but I would do this on that case on purpose. Now just by visiting my profile, if user XYZ is my "friend" (e.g. because we friended each other a long time ago, when that feature was first introduced) I can see the latest posts they made and the games they started playing, and all this without having explicitly and on purpose requested this information.
This on one hand annoys me because I don't want to see that clutter without explicitly wanting to see it, and on the other, more importantly, (given that I don't have accounts on the conventional social media, but only on forums, and am thus not accustromed to seeing everything other people do) makes me feel rather uneasy and like an accidental stalker.
360 games, 0 achievements, 0 hours played.

don't i look like a big loser?
low rated
how we gon2 class poeple by how many games they own

0-50=SUPER-CHAV ya - that be me. so gangstar

50-100=3RD WORLD hello africa adn s. asia frm euroland

100-250=BLUE COLLAR a working class hero is somthing 2b

250-500=MIDDLE CLASS meh
500-750=UPPER CRUST rich bitches

>750=**THE ELITE** bow 2ur illuminasti ubermasters
high rated
We need some options for “connection status”, and the ability to choose "offline" even if we are browsing the store.
low rated
Treasure: What concerns me more tbh isn't so much if people can see my activity (since I can disable stuff from the settings) but that I get to see their activity without explicitly searching for it
This just feels like a distinction without a difference to me. The info has always been there; it isn't any more public now than it already was.

I admit it's so hard for me to understand these types of convos because people often place a great deal of importance on factors I can see are actually pretty superficial differences that don't actually change the underlying core of the thing. So I end up making confused "but [trait x] doesn't actually mean anything/make any kind of actual difference?" replies and people are like "No it's literally life or death for me!" and I mostly just come out of it naught but annoyed and bewildered.

Advanced89: I can't understand all those who complain that other people can now see how many games you have and how long you have played them. Privacy is important to me, but we are still talking about computer games and not about highly sensitive personal information.
Same here, it's just such a hyperbolic reaction.

I'm also not going to be happy if the hysteria causes GOG to pull a feature I've wanted for a while now; the hysterical folks have already managed to cause GOG to make it mostly useless for me. :/
high rated
Advanced89: I can't understand all those who complain that other people can now see how many games you have and how long you have played them. Privacy is important to me, but we are still talking about computer games and not about highly sensitive personal information.
Breja: It's the principle of the thing. If I set everything to private, then everything should be private.

This "Privacy is important to me but this isn't really all that important so whatever" way of thinking is exactly what allows for this ongoing rapid erosion of privacy. This isn't important, that isn't important, there's no harm in everyone knowing this little thing, and before long nothing is private anymore.

"It's not that I have something to hide. I just have nothing I want you to see". That's how real privacy works. Just because something isn't important, incriminating of sensitive, doesn't mean it ok to have it be made public without your express permission.
This sums it up perfectly
"why does it matter if people can see you own 462 games and have played for 84 hours"
If it doesn't matter, why does it need to be shown in the first place
Desmight: They're Galaxy stats...
Yeah figured as much, I just wasn't aware of this. Probably GOG announced that somewhere and I did not notice or forgot, I was just a bit surprised.
This kind of just highlighted to me that I have no friends lol.
To be fair, I never play anything multiplayer nor do I really want another social internet thing.
i guess for people who frequently use GoG as a social platform, this will be a welcome addition.
soxy_lady: >750=**THE ELITE** bow 2ur illuminasti ubermasters
Damnit, now I need to buy 47 more games!! I wish you hadn't posted that; now I'm gonna be OCD about it. :P
low rated
Well done, Gog. Profiles look nice.
Desmight: They're Galaxy stats...
Gabelvampir: Yeah figured as much, I just wasn't aware of this. Probably GOG announced that somewhere and I did not notice or forgot, I was just a bit surprised.
It is actually stated in the OP, but no problem, I'm happy to have helped!
high rated
An absolutely unwanted addition for me. I don't use social networks either.
I've already set my privacy settings, so that nothing will be shared.

I'd also like to agree with all other users, who think that full privacy should have been the default.
high rated
my current problem is that even with everything set to "me only" / private, the number of owned games is still displayed to everyone in my profile

i would have sent a support ticket but i'm pretty sure it is intended and there is no solution or workaround to that.
the number of games being the total number, even those i may have hidden for clarity sake in my library

i'm very disappointed and upset by all this !

Also, the number of hours played"... ah ah ah...
of course this part of the profile relies entirely on the use of Galaxy... so, for people like me who barely tried Galaxy out just to realize it was something completely useless and preferable to avoid (in my personal situation i mean... i'm fine with people who find galaxy useful, great for them)

let's say that people will "believe" i only played "16 hours" of my GOG games... since GOG beta in 2008... yeah sure :)
Post edited April 23, 2018 by Djaron
This is great!

Now...who want's tb be my friend? :)