It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Activity Feed • Gameplay Stats • Personalization

UPDATE: We've added a new option to the Privacy settings in GOG Profiles - from now on you can turn off your profile on GOG entirely, so no one can see any kind of information that is shown on the profile page. This also means that when you turn off your profile, you won’t be visible on your friends’ friends lists, even if they decide to keep their profiles visible.
The option to enable/disable your GOG Profile can be found in your account „Privacy & Settings” options, under „Privacy” tab.

We just introduced a new feature on GOG.COM: User Profiles – a social way to share what you and your friends are up to. See what your friends on GOG are playing, achieving, and sharing across four sections – Feed, Profile, Games and Friends.

Your Feed is the centerpiece of your Profile. Here, you’ll see which games your friends have been playing, all sorts of achievements and milestones, as well as general thoughts, screenshots, and forum activity. You can dispense your approval at whim and share your own stuff as well!

Your Profile is all about you and your gaming accomplishments. It's a summary of your activity, like the time you've spent in your games , your latest achievements (and just how rare they are among other users), as well as a glimpse at what your most active friends have been up to.

If you want to know more about your Games, you need to hit the the third tab. It contains a list of all the games you own on GOG, together with stats like time spent in-game and your progress towards unlocking the achievements. Sort the list, compare stats with your friends, and get some healthy competition going.

Finally – your Friends: get a general summary of their achievements and hours played. Here you'll also see which games are the most popular among your friends right now, so you can join them in multiplayer or find something you might enjoy yourself.

Of course, your profile comes with some sweet personalization options, choose a wallpaper from your game collection and share a few words with the world.

User Profiles are available for all GOG.COM users. Your personal gameplay stats like achievements, time played and milestones depend on GOG Galaxy, but if you’re not using the optional client you can still use the feed, post in it and interact with your friends.

Launching profiles also means adding new privacy settings on our end. You'll find three new Privacy options in your account's „Privacy & settings” area. These settings allow you to set the visibility for your profile summary, your games, your friends, etc.
So what are you waiting for? There's so much room for activities!
tinyE: I just noticed you can 'like' the stuff in your own Profile. :P
BreOl72: How'd you notice such a possibility? *eying tinyE suspiciously* ;)
I am a member of the tinyE Fan Club.

I am the ONLY member of the tinyE Fan Club.
BreOl72: How'd you notice such a possibility? *eying tinyE suspiciously* ;)
tinyE: I am a member of the tinyE Fan Club.

I am the ONLY member of the tinyE Fan Club.
Ah, I see...a very exclusive club, then. :)
I'm not envious - I'm in such an exclusive club myself.
gamesfreak64: maybe even a free tool like the special version of Paint (Microsofs) or even a free tool: Photophiltre Studio (its French but has English language pack)
paladin181: You should try the GIMP, if you're not aware. It's a free and powerful set of tools for graphics editing. It's not quite as robust or user friendly as Photoshop, but for the aspiring graphics artist it is an excellent (and FREE!) tool that can do SO much.
Thanks for the reply and info about GIMP... in fact i know about GIMP before i started to play (for fun) with photoshop
i have to admit GIMP is too hard to learn for me PSP (Paint Shop Pro) is already hard for me even the clasic old psp 6 ( and when PSP was taken over by Corel they turned the PSp into an even harder to learn tool...
so PhotoFiltre and photoshop are the ones that i can 'play around' with , nothing earthshattering but its mainly for fun.

Anyways, PS cs5 ( the old interface) worked best for me, the new PS versions interface is rocksets cience to me, then again old software on old pc old windows and old user ( me) is what probably works best.
I'm redicovering "Barefoot Essentials for GOG.com" GreaseMonkey script to fix that 404 link

About > Barefoot Essentials > Navigation bar
Clicking on your account takes you to your: Games library

Neat.
high rated
petchema: I'm redicovering "Barefoot Essentials for GOG.com"
They're called "essentials" for a reason. ;-)
high rated
Profiles should not have been made public for everyone without consent or fair warning. GOG should not make this decision for me.
high rated
broken_eel: Profiles should not have been made public for everyone without consent or fair warning. GOG should not make this decision for me.
But they did and still do...
Post edited May 09, 2018 by Trilarion
high rated
broken_eel: Profiles should not have been made public for everyone without consent or fair warning. GOG should not make this decision for me.
Trilarion: But they did and still do...
And I'm not happy about it.

Also, what happened to the notifications for replies? I got nothing in the bell like I used to, just a purple dot in community tab that took me to a page showing that I have a reply in here.
I wonder how long it will take Gog dev(s?) to fix the 404 for the profile's owner.. -_-
Telika: The gog customers with DRM concerns are now negligible. The rest is marketing.
Why would someone care about Gog, if not for the DRM-free?
It's way more convenient to remain on Steam where all the games\players\features are..

Unless Gog now considers main clients those who connect games for free or just play Gwent (mostly for free)..
Post edited May 09, 2018 by phaolo
high rated
Just in case you hadn't seen it yet: wishlist: Set all privacy-related options to most secure by default

broken_eel: Also, what happened to the notifications for replies? I got nothing in the bell like I used to, just a purple dot in community tab that took me to a page showing that I have a reply in here.
And: wishlist: Restore notifications for forum replies to their original place in the bell
Post edited May 09, 2018 by gogtrial34987
Telika: The gog customers with DRM concerns are now negligible. The rest is marketing.
phaolo: Why would someone care about Gog, if not for the DRM-free?
Why would someone care for DRM-free and then make always-online monitoring such a big factor of their enjoyement of games ?
phaolo: Why would someone care about Gog, if not for the DRM-free?
Telika: Why would someone care for DRM-free and then make always-online monitoring such a big factor of their enjoyement of games ?
Why are you talking about something else now?
Also, not everyone here uses Galaxy..
Post edited May 10, 2018 by phaolo
Telika: Why would someone care for DRM-free and then make always-online monitoring such a big factor of their enjoyement of games ?
phaolo: Why are you talking about something else now?
Also, not everyone here uses Galaxy..
It's not something else. My point originated in the blue post which was pointing out that a large majority of gog customers was, unlike us forumers, over-enthousiastic about the profiles, their default data display, etc. So we are the tip of the gog clients' iceberg here. And i don't believe that huge fans of achievement tracking and social integrations (all requiring being online permanently) care so much about a game being DRM-free.

It's the DRM gamification (or socialization) that works so well on steam, which seems to have the support of the thick of the gog customers crowd. You merely ask "why would they". I just point out "they do". More than we forumers realise. But they measure it better, at GOG, and take their design/marketing decisions accordingly.

See: Galaxy integration. Ok, Galaxy is technically DRM-free, in the sense that you are allowed to not use it or its features. Nevertheless, Galaxy's features are what the gog clients at large want to use, and these features offer the same constraints as always-online DRM. Most customers don't mind. Most forumers do, but are a minority. Shrugged away or thrown a bone as an afterthought.
Telika: i don't believe that huge fans of achievement tracking and social integrations (all requiring being online permanently) care so much about a game being DRM-free.
Being interested in DRM-free and enjoying the profiles isn't a contradiction IMO.
The level of online dependency is still low on Gog (at least for now and for SP games).
Even offline you would still be able to play the SP games, except for secondary social features.